So what characters left are must haves?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my list.

Episode 1
Padme (Purple final battle gown)
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Batlle Droid
Destroyer Droid

Episode 2
Anakin Skywalker
Padme (white Tattooine/Geonosis costume)
Super Battle Droid
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
White Clone Trooper

Episode 3
General Grievous
Commander Gree
Commander Cody
501st Clone Trooper
White Clone Trooper
Padme (Anakin nightmare nightgown)
Yoda

Episode 4
C-3PO
R2-D2
Grand Moff Tarkin

Episode 5
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
Hoth Leia
Chewbacca
Boba Fett
Yoda

Episode 6
Rancor
Lando (Skiff)
Wickett
Boba Fett
Endor Han Solo
Endor Luke
Emperor Palpatine
Darth Vader (Anakin reveal)

This is tough...there are alot id love to see...like Bounty Hunters (4Lom, IG88, Dengar, Zuckuss) but I could live without them...I guess the figures I could not live without are as follows:
C3PO
R2D2
Chewy
Scout Trooper
Ewoks
Yoda (though I have the medicom and I guess I could live without a sideshow one)
Jawa
Tusken Raider
Emporer's Royal Guard
ROTJ Emporer
Gamorean Guard

Musts for me

r2 and 3p0
snowtrooper
rebel snowtrooper
leia and han hoth gear
x-wing pilot
tie pilot
chewbacca
death star gunner
ackbar
tarkin
boba
bossk

nice to see but not a must have (unless the exclusives were uber cool)

weequay
tusken raider
scout trooper
greedo
hammer head
wedge antilles
yoda
leia bespin dress
imperial trooper
jango
dengar

Biker Scout
Count Dooku
TPM Obi-wan
ATOC Anakin
Gree
Cody
Bacara
Snow Trooper
Galactic Marine
Tie Fighter Pilot
Tarkin

The main haves:
Chewie
Yoda
R2-D2
C3PO
Count Dooku
Padme
Boba Fett
Jango Fett

Cool haves:
Hoth Han and Luke
Bounty Hunters
ROTJ Vader
501st Clone Trooper
Biker Scout
Tarkin
Tusken / Jawa

For me I'd love to have:

From EP IV
Chewie
C3-PO
R2-D2
Luke in X-wing Gear
Tarkin
Tie Pilot

From Ep. V
Yoda
Boba Fett
Luke in Hoth gear
Han in Hoth gear
Leia in Hoth gear
Snowtrooper
At-At Driver
Lobot
Chewie with 3-PO in pieces

From Ep VI
Biker Scout
Emporer's Royal Guard
Removable Helmet Vader
The Emperor

From Ep 1
Young Obi-Wan

From Ep II
Count Dooku
Jango Fett

From Ep III
General Grevious

Snowtrooper (with and without E-Web cannon)
Biker Scout (with or without bike - you can use the Hasbro Bike)
Emperor ROTJ
Royal Guard
TIE Pilot
AT-AT Driver
AT-ST Driver
Death Star Gunner
Death Star Trooper (Naval Trooper)
Sandtroopers (the other 2)
Probe Droid (since Attakus never made one)
Tarkin
Veers (AT-AT armor)
Jerjerrod
Needa
Ozzel

Snowtrooper (with and without E-Web cannon)
Biker Scout (with or without bike - you can use the Hasbro Bike)
Emperor ROTJ
Royal Guard
TIE Pilot
AT-AT Driver
AT-ST Driver
Death Star Gunner
Death Star Trooper (Naval Trooper)
Sandtroopers (the other 2)
Probe Droid (since Attakus never made one)
Tarkin
Veers (AT-AT armor)
Jerjerrod
Needa
Ozzel

Enough said.

We are into the fourth year and are still short of quite some core characters. Sometimes I do wonder whats the life span of this line? Will we ever get Chewie and the Droids. Maybe as long as we are missing some important ones, there will always be anticipation and the line will go on for a long long time. Did the Hasbro line end cause practically we had every character we want from the line.:D

The Habro line ended because companies like Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya were on the rise and offering up high end products to earn the money Hasbro 4" and 12" figures were fetching and the quality of their 12" figures just wasn't good enough to win money away from the products the other guys were rolling out. There was a market for 12" Star Wars, but a better quality was needed, and Hasbro was wise enough to pass the ball off to someone would could offer something competitive with GG and Koto, etc. I think at this point, unless the economy doesn't recover, or Hot Toys starts to crank out too many in demand products for people to feel they need to pass on all but a small handful of Star Wars figures, this line will continue for some time. While they may not all be perfection, Sideshow's Star Wars figures are some of the very best Star Wars collectibles I've ever owned, especially as far as figurines go.

C3P0
R2D2
Count Dooku
AOTC Anakin
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Biker Scout
Emperor
Royal Guard
Yoda
Chewy
TPM ObiWan
ROTJ Vader

The Habro line ended because companies like Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya were on the rise and offering up high end products to earn the money Hasbro 4" and 12" figures were fetching and the quality of their 12" figures just wasn't good enough to win money away from the products the other guys were rolling out. There was a market for 12" Star Wars, but a better quality was needed, and Hasbro was wise enough to pass the ball off to someone would could offer something competitive with GG and Koto, etc. I think at this point, unless the economy doesn't recover, or Hot Toys starts to crank out too many in demand products for people to feel they need to pass on all but a small handful of Star Wars figures, this line will continue for some time. While they may not all be perfection, Sideshow's Star Wars figures are some of the very best Star Wars collectibles I've ever owned, especially as far as figurines go.

I do agree with you about the better quality that is needed for 12" figures. This line is very reason that I am collecting SW again.:)

I started a similar thread last year, but my "MUST HAVE" list was ridiculously large. Being more honest with myself, these are the "my collection will forever feel incomplete without them" figures:

TPM
Young Obi-Wan
Queen Padmé Amidala (Red Invasion costume)

AOTC
Jango Fett (hopefully with Young Boba)
Count Dooku
Anakin Skywalker
Senator Padmé Amidala (White Arena Outfit)
Shaak Ti

ROTS
YODA!!!
Clone Commander Cody

ANH
C-3PO!!!
R2-D2!!!
Chewbacca!!
Grand Moff Tarkin

ESB
YODA!!!!! (Though my Medicom one is excellent)
BOBA FETT!!!

ROTJ
Emperor Palpatine (hopefully with Throne)
Biker Scout
Admiral Ackbar
Anything from Jabba's Palace

CLONE WARS / EU
Clone Commander Rex
Darth Revan

Han Hoth
Leia Hoth
Luke Hoth
Snowspeeder pilot Luke
X-wing pilot Wedge
Snowtrooper
Royal Guard
Biker Scout
Geonosis Padme
Slave leia
Zam Wessel
Lando Skiff
Leia Bespin gown
At-At driver
Tie Pilot
Cody

Count Dooku
The Emperor - ROTJ
Snowtrooper
Yoda
General Veers
AT-AT Driver
Darth Revan
Darth Malak
Darth Nihilus

I think at this point, unless the economy doesn't recover, or Hot Toys starts to crank out too many in demand products for people to feel they need to pass on all but a small handful of Star Wars figures, this line will continue for some time. While they may not all be perfection, Sideshow's Star Wars figures are some of the very best Star Wars collectibles I've ever owned, especially as far as figurines go.

For all the complaining the majority of the SW 1/6 remain sold out at Sideshow. Maybe the secondary market value is affected negatively, but even then customers seem to be lining up for the next 1/6 offerings.

Even though other figures are often better made, SW is a focus for me so its unlikely that too much would get in the way of buying figures.

Back