So......the Punisher is dead...*cry*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a new run of Punisher MAX that went from issue #1 and ended on issue #22 and it was a great read... I enjoyed it greatly.

SPOILER

Deals with Kingpin , Elektra and a absolutly psyco Bullseye....

This should be on the Marvel events & spoilers are in order as well.

:exactly:

Thanks for the spoilers Chunky :gah:

No but seriously I do think he's dead for good. I think I read that from the interview with the writer or creator in the back of the comic. I mean the Punisher has to have fought in Vietnam, so he is just getting older and older. He is 65.

That's the Punisher in the Punisher Max comic. The Punisher in "The Punisher" comic will live on. He is in his 20's 30's.

Spidey was in his teens in the 60's meaning he'd be in his late forties now, does he look like he's in his forties?

Magneto was a child in the holocaust, he doesn't look his age.

Comic characters rarely grow old.

Damn straight. Punisher Max might have been my favorite comic.

:goodpost:

Spidey was in his teens in the 60's meaning he'd be in his late forties now, does he look like he's in his forties?

Magneto was a child in the holocaust, he doesn't look his age.

Comic characters rarely grow old.

But in this case they've been very purposeful about retaining the Vietnam origin story. As far as Garth Ennis was concerned when he developed the MAX version of Punisher, that conflict was what made Frank who he is, and no other war would have the same effect. So by necessity Punisher had to keep aging in real time throughout the series.

But that's why Marvel has had two different versions of Punisher ever since. There's the MAX version that lived in a more realistic world and kept getting older, and there's the regular version that lives in the Marvel Universe and deals with super-villains as well as ordinary criminals. That second version will always remain the same age and adjust to fit the times.

while the current series was by a different writer than Ennis it was stated many times that it was the same time line Ennis established with his 60 issue run, hell the only reason they rebooted to a #1 issue was to ego Stroke the new writer Jason Aaron. Personally I thought Aaron's writing lazy and half assed and what he did to the character was a disservice to what Ennis setup. Hell some of the writing just went against everything ever setup about the character, like him crossing the line and killing a cop and casually wounding other officers, and that he was a horrible family man that was going to leave his family just reeked of Aaron being desperate to add something new weather it was in line with the character or not! And whoa was there some lazy writing that made no sense at all! Biggest among them the ridiculous version of Bullseye and his magical powers to point out Frank's safe houses. I felt Aaron wanted to bring Frank to his lowest point and had no logical way to smash his network so we got the horse____ with Bulleye instead. I have no problem with them bringing the series to an end or killing Frank off since he was gettin up there in years but it could have been done a lot better! I would have much prefered that it end with him in Prison leaving it open for Ennis' Punisher the End to be the true Death of the character. Punisher is my all time favorite character in any medium and MAX was my favorite version of him and it was damn depressing to see Jason Aaron ____ over what Ennis did with the character, especially after reading he was a fan of Ennis' run on the character if he wasn't lyin through his teeth he has one hell of a strange way of showing appreciation of what Ennis did.

On a different note if they could get Ennis to come back to Punisher I would love to see a series set in the 70's and 80's with Frank in his Prime, building up his network and so on. Of course with the way things have been going at Marvel I doubt it would ever happen :(

Yeah, comic book characters usually stay dead for good, so. . .that's probably gonna be the case here. Return of Frankencastle?

Back