So PIS**D OFF and gutted!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loose_Cannon

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Came home today from my girlfriends place early in the morning to find a premium format figure broken from the cabinet that came off the wall it was from Ikea that's the last i buy from them,

what made me angry was that the guy who fixed it to the wall said it would be fine after i stated that it would need a bracket or more support.

Sorry to hear that :/ I know how frustrating that feels. years ago, my brother put together one of those all glass cube type of cases that are held together with brackets. Well, he didn't tighten the brackets for the door properly and it cost me an entire dcd justice league animated maquette collection. Which at the time was a rare and pricey set.

I've had that happen as well :( Luckily mine happened when I'd just started collecting statues so I hadn't gotten anything insanely expensive yet--not that any broken collectibles are ok but it could have been worse. Since then, I've only used shelving units that sit on the floor--can't make myself be comfortable with anything else.

same thing happened to me...

but it was different...

when i got back from my girlfriend's place, i got an itch in my nuts and it burns when i pee.

*note: she's not even lindsay lohan. dammmmmit.

We were just talking about Ikea in one of the Marvel thread. Sad to hear. Get back on the collecting horse though!

Came home today from my girlfriends place early in the morning to find a premium format figure broken from the cabinet that came off the wall it was from Ikea that's the last i buy from them,

what made me angry was that the guy who fixed it to the wall said it would be fine after i stated that it would need a bracket or more support.
Damn! I would be in an outrage.
Any chance at getting that guy who fixed it to the wall to reimburse you for damages?

That truely sucks.
If the person who installed it is a licensed contractor in the field,you might have a case.
If it was a friend that did it as a favor,you are SOL as much as that sucks.
Good luck to you!

Brackets need to go into the studs. Putting them in drywall is asking for problems. Sounds like you knew it was wonky. Don't pass the blame. (Ikea, guy who did work) Accept it and move forward. A true artisan does his own work anyhow.

Brackets need to go into the studs. Putting them in drywall is asking for problems. Sounds like you knew it was wonky. Don't pass the blame. (Ikea, guy who did work) Accept it and move forward. A true artisan does his own work anyhow.

Did you not read the first post? He told the guy it was "wonky" and the IKEA guy told him it wasn't. How is that his fault? Also, since when do you have to be a true artisan to buy a friggin' shelf? I buy movies all the time; never won an Oscar. I'm not saying it's not cool to learn to DIY, but, if you pay a "professional" to do a job, and the job ends with a $300-400 statue and a $50-100 display case in pieces, I hardly see how that's the fault of the guy who paid for the job to be done.

If he knew it wasn't stable he shouldn't have used it, regardless if the minimum wage worker thought it was.

Wait so you got an ikea shelf and had a 3rd party contractor install it? Just making sure I understand the situation. Did you tell the guy how much weight you were planning on putting on it?

If I thought something was off I wouldn't continue to use it just because a contractor told me it was fine sorry.

Back