So...no new LOTR PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are about 15 people squacking for the entire fellowship...and that's as many as they'd sell. You want to kill this line quick, make some more hobbits. Maybe Josh will buy them all.

Naugladur said:
There are about 15 people squacking for the entire fellowship...and that's as many as they'd sell. You want to kill this line quick, make some more hobbits. Maybe Josh will buy them all.

I think if you were to ask any of the retailer's who post on this forum, they would tell you the bad guys traditionally sell much better than the good guys. I too believe this line would go right down the :Flush if SS were to concentrate mainly on fellowship characters. Personally, I would like to see a ratio of 3 bad guys to every 2 good guys. The only downside to this is that most of us will be dead and buried by the time the fellowship is completed, at the rate SS is producing these pieces. :rolleyes:

The next two PFs are almost certainly "goodies," if what I have heard holds up.

LOTRFan said:
The next two PFs are almost certainly "goodies," if what I have heard holds up.

Other than the legendary scale Sauron bust I intend to purchase [and not directly from SS], I guess they won't be seeing any more of my money this year.
Do you know which good guys we can expect to see?

I've decided against buying the 12" and I have no interest in the dios or legendary scale busts. I'm just sitting back and waiting to see what Sideshow does with the PF line. However, I know what pieces I'd like to see made in this format, and at the rate Sideshow is going, I'll never see them. So, suffice to say, my LOTR collection is probably at an end.

I've wanted to build a small PF movie collection, so this continued LOTR delay allows me to focus on that. Beyond that, whatever money I would have had for collectibles is going into the savings account.

I believe it is not so strategically correct to have 4 LOTR lines when it has passed so much time over the movie regardless of hardcore fans.

- 12" series
- legendary busts ( I never like these BTW)
- PF line ( the greatest line of LOTR ever imo)
- Diaromas ( I did not like the first diorama so fanatically , so not sure about this line as well. need to see further pieces to decide

Sideshow shall cancel one line at least and give priority and spend efford to others imo

I can understand why sideshow would want to expand the LOTR into different lines, however, I really have a hard time understanding why it's taken them 13+months for a new PF release? It shouldn't take them this long to figure out how to properly mass produce certain characters. The next PFs better be near perfect to make all this wait worth-while!

Back