So I lost my job last Wednesday.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glyoung99

Super Freak
Reaction score
Didn't know if I wanted to share this with you guys or not 'cause I'm not one that likes to appear like he's looking for pitty but yeah, I walked into work Wednesday and was fired no more than 2 min. later.

I won't go into details here because I worked in the medical field and it would be hard to explain but I can tell you it had nothing to do with the economy (at least not on the surface) and I believe it to be wrongful and unlawful. I will be fighting this to the bitter end.

Self pity is also not my style and I think I have found a way to turn these lemons into lemonade and come out on top. The only reason I was working at that particular hospital was that I wanted to transfer into their IT dept. I have been a computer enthusiast for many years and have recently aquired A+ certification and will have earned my Network+ within the next month.

Many of my co-workers have told me to leave that place and to find work were my talent lies but I have worked there for 5 yrs and was looking forward to working with people I new in the IT dept. Well, that decision has been made for me now and I'm probably the better off for it.

I am very angry however. I have happily gone above and beyond for my dept and have performed many duties outside of my job description with a smile on my face. To be fired a week before my evalution and pay raise has left me with nothing but contempt for the person that fired me. I will do my best to ruin this persons career just as they have tried to ruin mine, as I have no doubt that I have the law on my side when it comes to this particular situation.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I was in medical records. A very boring job but I liked the people I worked with and they liked me. My iPod and internet access made the nights tolerable.

The good thing is NO MORE 2ND SHIFT!!! It's been yrs since I have worked normal daytime hrs. My previous job was 2nd shift also.:lol

Crappy part is that I will be going for a degree in computer science starting this fall. They had a great reimbursment program.

I want to make you laugh....

Ahhh23.jpg

FIRIN.jpg

Sorry to hear about this. Here's to looking forward and your next job that is going to better and more rewarding. :duff

Also hope that any action you take re: wrongful termination is a success. Hate to see good people taken advantage of.

Sorry to hear about this. Here's to looking forward and your next job that is going to better and more rewarding. :duff

Also hope that any action you take re: wrongful termination is a success. Hate to see good people taken advantage of.

Thanks Jen. Back at ya!:duff

Didn't know if I wanted to share this with you guys or not 'cause I'm not one that likes to appear like he's looking for pitty but yeah, I walked into work Wednesday and was fired no more than 2 min. later.

I won't go into details here because I worked in the medical field and it would be hard to explain but I can tell you it had nothing to do with the economy (at least not on the surface) and I believe it to be wrongful and unlawful. I will be fighting this to the bitter end.

Self pity is also not my style and I think I have found a way to turn these lemons into lemonade and come out on top. The only reason I was working at that particular hospital was that I wanted to transfer into their IT dept. I have been a computer enthusiast for many years and have recently aquired A+ certification and will have earned my Network+ within the next month.

Many of my co-workers have told me to leave that place and to find work were my talent lies but I have worked there for 5 yrs and was looking forward to working with people I new in the IT dept. Well, that decision has been made for me now and I'm probably the better off for it.

I am very angry however. I have happily gone above and beyond for my dept and have performed many duties outside of my job description with a smile on my face. To be fired a week before my evalution and pay raise has left me with nothing but contempt for the person that fired me. I will do my best to ruin this persons career just as they have tried to ruin mine, as I have no doubt that I have the law on my side when it comes to this particular situation.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sorry to hear you were fired unjustly. GO GET 'EM!!!!!

Good luck in finding a new job. Start looking immediately, don't get stuck in a rut. You'll find something, the medical field is one of the few that aren't affected by a recession.

I'm still curious, what was the reason for firing you, if you don't mind me asking, and if you do, I understand.

Sorry to learn of your job loss. Particularily as you enjoyed it enough to go out of your way with duties, and also work 2nd shift for such a long time. Just take the situation now as an opportunity to persue what you really want to do with your I.T background, and best of luck!

You should find a job in the IT field quick man, especially in a Hospital....Just dont be surprised if your asked to work the 2nd or 3rd shift man......

I'm still curious, what was the reason for firing you, if you don't mind me asking, and if you do, I understand.

I'd rather not say simply because it's such a complicated issue. My answer would only lead to more questions. I will tell you that my dispute will be on the grounds of sexual discrimination and is easily provable. To try and explain more than that would require some knowledge of medical terminology.

Back