So I have to Destroy my faulty Darth Maul Inclusive 12" - Ideas?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DouglasMcc said:
That's just a wonky request. I mean, I can understand how high the shipping would be. But how do you tell someone, "uh, destroy it before we send you another one?" And how are you suppose to prove you destroyed it? Digital photos maybe, but what if you didn't have a digital camera? Would they expect you to go out and buy one to do it? Weird, weird request.

It is to ensure overal numbers stay the same (they do this with PFs as well) and if you don't have a digital camera you could always take normal pictures and most developers offer to put the pictures on CD or email them to you.

MaulFan said:
Duplicate his film demise in photos first for record, then, if you're in Australia, take a boat out to some croc infested waters and find a mean one and give him a snack.

Nah. Definitely find a sting-ray.

The devious part of me says "get a hasbro maul and destroy it" then use the spare SS one for parts.

Turns one of the spare gauntlets is a bit oversized but goes perfectly with the Big Boy Body if you were, say, custom building a medievil kurgan

grangewallis said:
:maul
I recently received my Inclusice Darth Maul 12" Took him out start playing with him and I finially notice is right temple horn was missing. Contacted the SUPER SSC Helpdesk and was adv due to the high shipping charges for a return etc (Im Australian) I must destroy the figure beyond a repairable condition... to have a replacement sent out.

What shall I do...

I was thinking about Burning/melting him and filming it...:emperor

Ideas???

That's really weak, I thought you could return exchange for any reason? Or is that in the US only?

PosterBoyKelly said:
That's really weak, I thought you could return exchange for any reason? Or is that in the US only?

This isn't the first time I've heard of this - I remember someone had to do this to a PF Darth Vader... Anyway. It cost me about $45-50 Us per shippment from SSC. So this make perfect sense. It cheaper on the whole.

Anyway. I will cut him in half and for all you photoshopper out there. Then put him back together and blow him up. I'll document the process...
:chew

I have always wanted to destroy one of my Sideshow figs. Since I live in the U.S., all I get to do is send mine back.:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Man, I couldn't bring myself to destroy something like a SSC item, even if I were drunk. :eek:

Here's a radical idea: get some epoxy putty(MagicSculpt would be my choice) and sculpt a new horn! A little putty, a touch of paint and your problem is solved. Unless your are completely inept you should be able to handle that.As an aside, I must admit that I am appalled at the level of latent hostility expressed in this thread. I'm thinking a lot of you don't deserve nice toys...PS

I think that it's just that we're all closet pyromaniacs.

One time when I was younger I went to my friend's house and we built a small building (3 feet tall) out of cardboard and put some of the toys he didn't like (green soldiers and ugly lego minifigures) and then we set it on fire in his back yard and filmed it. We also tried to rig up a model airplane I had so that we could start it on fire to simulate an explosion, but we didn't get a chance.

wax murderer said:
Here's a radical idea: get some epoxy putty(MagicSculpt would be my choice) and sculpt a new horn! A little putty, a touch of paint and your problem is solved. Unless your are completely inept you should be able to handle that.As an aside, I must admit that I am appalled at the level of latent hostility expressed in this thread. I'm thinking a lot of you don't deserve nice toys...PS

I think he should get a new one, I'd be ticked if I got a toy I paid $55 than the large shipping fee and it was broken. Deep down I know, even if I resculpted it and it looked fine, that it was not what I paid for. I know it's a mental thing, and it might just be me, but he shouldn't HAVE to resculpt one, and since SS sent him a bogus toy, they should have no problem, no matter how much damage, replacing it regardless of shipping. I'd never buy from them direct again if I was in that situation, they may lose money on shipping, but gain support in the future for good customer relations.

NOTE:I'm not saying their customer service is bad, it just seems silly to me in this instance.

Back