So I guess its Faith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow used a softer rubber for Faith's hair. I don't know of any castable hobby product available that could duplicate it. Do you? Not being confrontational. I'd like to know if anyone does, since it would solve a major problem for some of the other heads I'm working on.

The same issue will come up with Fred/Illyria, though a pony on Fred wouldn't be too bad.

Sideshow used a softer rubber for Faith's hair. I don't know of any castable hobby product available that could duplicate it. Do you? Not being confrontational. I'd like to know if anyone does, since it would solve a major problem for some of the other heads I'm working on.

The same issue will come up with Fred/Illyria, though a pony on Fred wouldn't be too bad.

A pony tail on fred would be fine. But Illyria would of course need the long hair. I really wish we'd get an Illyria PF already! I mean, electric tiki is cute and all, but I want me some statues, and at the very least some 1/6...ok back on topic.
No Anzik, I never saw Faith really pull her hair back. Maybe just the one time...I remember something in a white tank, but then again, I could just be placing that image in my mind..who knows.

Which is why we should have gone with Fred:monkey2

Right!!! That's what I think.

:crying

As far as sculptors, I'm still waiting for my "corrected" Sawyer and Milla from Ada. Trevor or Spenser would rock. I'm not and haven't been blown away by what i've seen from Chris Howes yet. There is a company(?) on ebay by the name of Figurehobby (figurehobby,com) that does some female sculpts. And I don't think they were all that expensive iirc. Not affiliated with them, but they may at least warrant looking in to.
Hell, I'd be happy with a decent Faith head we could take Sideshow's hair off of and transplant.

What about having the head sculpted bald and then having separated hair pieces cast in a softer material? Perhaps one of the shorter, straighter, more screen accurate hair from Bad Girls and the longer curler Faith sported for most of her run. It also give those of us that want to use wigs an option.

all i can say is no rooted hair for The Craw. sorry. has to be sculpted hair. as long as the head fits on a sideshow body facing foward, i'll be fine.

Okay so it looks asif we are getting alot of people on board with this project. Now we just need to figure and Idea out with the hair and start looking for a sculptor.

I also dont like the Idea of rooted hair, they only way that could wqork is if the head was made of soft vinyl and hollow like a barbie or cy irl, and well yeah that wont happen.

So yeah I'd buy two sculpts of Faith!

HL2

Okay so it looks asif we are getting alot of people on board with this project. Now we just need to figure and Idea out with the hair and start looking for a sculptor.

I also dont like the Idea of rooted hair, they only way that could wqork is if the head was made of soft vinyl and hollow like a barbie or cy irl, and well yeah that wont happen.

So yeah I'd buy two sculpts of Faith!

HL2

Agreed...I generally don't care for rooted-style hair on resin heads. Wigs generally look kinda puffy.

I'm good with sculpted hair, hopefully whatever sculptor we get for this can offer some suggestions as to how to approach it.

Buffy and Angel are still my #1 and #2 fandoms so I wouldn’t say absolutely not to any Whedonville head without having a look-see first. Still, I seriously don't like the idea of long sculpted hair—IMO that’s fine for PFs and statues, not for articulated figures unless I guess you leave your 12” in one static pose all the time. But if worse comes to worst, I own a Dremel and know how to use it. At that point, it’s a case of whether the price will be low enough to justify buying a custom head I’ll have to put a significant amount of time redoing to my liking. Anyway, that’s neither here nor there as I’ve already said I won’t participate in a commission (not without at least some proto/in-progress pics), so I’ll defer to others on the hair issue.

Before the momentum dies down, how’s about we start posting some reference pics to prep and perhaps grab the attention of interested artists? Full front, 3Q, and profile, preferably with the expression the portrait should have?

Well, the thing about doing this commission is that either someone in this forum who's got the talent will have to volunteer to be the sculptor or some other brave and ambitious soul will need to approach a board artist and request his (her?) services and then move to pricing/number of heads/timeframe, etc.

And I'm certainly not trying to say this is "someone else's" responsibility, but I am being honest when I say that I just don't have the time to devote to something like this.

Does anyone here feel the calling to take the helm on this? :confused: :peace

I would guess so, that's her season 3 promo shot. It could just be her shorter layers are falling over her shoulders, but it's actually longer behind her back.

I would not mind approaching a sculptor, but a 81 posts I doubt Im an established enough member.:eek:

HL2

Last edited:
Back