Snowtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Spawn_de:
If you're referring to the canister that goes on his belt (on his back) there was a small compartment in the styrofoam with that piece in it. It was in a small bag with tape over the compartment. At least on mine.

Argh! I came here hoping to find out my piece is unique- but it looks like everyone got the stupid smudge on their face... I attached a pic of mine. Got the same response from sideshow. Also my clip broke off too...
View attachment 119422

I had my email exchange with a Mr. Mendoza. tomorrow I will be reaching out to Michael Tolentino (Sideshow's Customer Service Manager) as I have in the past via email to voice my concerns about this piece's paint smudge and the "who cares..return it for a refund if you don't like it" attitude I got during my inquiry. I honestly wouldn't care if EVERY single one of their productions pics, from When it was first announced, until it appeared on their website in it's official listed state had it on the piece. But it does not.

@Spawn_de:
If you're referring to the canister that goes on his belt (on his back) there was a small compartment in the styrofoam with that piece in it. It was in a small bag with tape over the compartment. At least on mine.

I had my email exchange with a Mr. Mendoza. tomorrow I will be reaching out to Michael Tolentino (Sideshow's Customer Service Manager) as I have in the past via email to voice my concerns about this piece's paint smudge and the "who cares..return it for a refund if you don't like it" attitude I got during my inquiry. I honestly wouldn't care if EVERY single one of their productions pics, from When it was first announced, until it appeared on their website in it's official listed state had it on the piece. But it does not.

be very carful when dealing with tolentino...he has been know to ban and cancel customer accounts. i would just return it for a full refund and get another through an authorized dealer.

I know it wasn't shown in pictures with the "smudge" but it is on EVERY one so it's not unique to yours or an error or accident. I'm the type of person who has the attitude of the customer is always right but in this instance if they were to send you another one you would just be disappointed by the paint application on that one as well. In the end if you don't like it the best thing to do is send it back for a full refund. These statues are to expensive to buy if you don't really love them, at least that's how I look at them.

Nope i have not seen anyone with it, after i looked for it. That little missing detail is realy bothering me. I asked sideshow about it, waiting for reply...

Is this your first statue? I am not being jerky really just curious.

Prototypes are always better than production pictures. In the future you can always wait until you see in hand photos to buy an item.

Sideshow is a very good company and has great customer service. If you dont like the product send it back. Simple.

be very carful when dealing with tolentino...he has been know to ban and cancel customer accounts. i would just return it for a full refund and get another through an authorized dealer.

Thanks for the heads up. I have had no problem in past dealings with Mr. Tolentino personally.
In case anyone is interested, I was advised by him via email today that he no longer works within the Customer Service Department, and he referred me back to Mr. Mendoza. Good times.

Is this your first statue? I am not being jerky really just curious.

Prototypes are always better than production pictures. In the future you can always wait until you see in hand photos to buy an item.

Sideshow is a very good company and has great customer service. If you dont like the product send it back. Simple.

First PFF I have cared enough to lay down the moolah for. Been collecting Sideshow/Hot Toys Sixth's, and Bowen and Gentle Giant stuff for a while. No one is arguing that Sideshow isn't a good company. I'm certainly not. I don't give thousands of dollars to companies I hate or have problems with. I just came here to get a feel for the experiences of those who also happened to purchase this exclusive piece. Did you buy one?

Also concerning your return comment... isn't gonna happen. I'm not going to be able to get another one of these with as low a number as I did, with the exclusive piece, without paying MORE than I did from SS. I just thought it was gonna be a simple issue of "ya we screwed up on a few heads...send yers back , we got another one goin out to you". Not the case apparently.
Anyway,
Thanks for your response.

I know it wasn't shown in pictures with the "smudge" but it is on EVERY one so it's not unique to yours or an error or accident. I'm the type of person who has the attitude of the customer is always right but in this instance if they were to send you another one you would just be disappointed by the paint application on that one as well. In the end if you don't like it the best thing to do is send it back for a full refund. These statues are to expensive to buy if you don't really love them, at least that's how I look at them.

Thanks for the comment. Did you get one? If so can you post pics please.
In response to you statement about the customer is always right. It's not really even a matter of that...it's a matter of giving the customer the proper information they need to make an informed purchase decision. Especially if that item is going to change in a marked way. 'Cause as you said "These statues are to expensive to buy if you don't really love them". And that is Very true.

(Keeps my fingers crossed that Hellboy PFF I ordered doesn't have a big pink blob on his face)

First PFF I have cared enough to lay down the moolah for. Been collecting Sideshow/Hot Toys Sixth's, and Bowen and Gentle Giant stuff for a while. No one is arguing that Sideshow isn't a good company. I'm certainly not. I don't give thousands of dollars to companies I hate or have problems with. I just came here to get a feel for the experiences of those who also happened to purchase this exclusive piece. Did you buy one?

Also concerning your return comment... isn't gonna happen. I'm not going to be able to get another one of these with as low a number as I did, with the exclusive piece, without paying MORE than I did from SS. I just thought it was gonna be a simple issue of "ya we screwed up on a few heads...send yers back , we got another one goin out to you". Not the case apparently.
Anyway,
Thanks for your response.

Yes I did buy one of these statues.

Like everyone else mine has the smudge. You can see photos of it in this thread. I have a very low number as well, however the number really doesn't mean much to me.

I still think that if your bothered by the smudge now, it will continue to bother you in the future. No sense in having something you don't like.

Guess I'm not understanding what your trying to accomplish with sideshow if you know that the smudge is part of the production piece, and you have no intentions of returning the statue, and no additional heads are going to be sent that will look any different.

Just curious.

Yes I did buy one of these statues.

Like everyone else mine has the smudge. You can see photos of it in this thread. I have a very low number as well, however the number really doesn't mean much to me.

I still think that if your bothered by the smudge now, it will continue to bother you in the future. No sense in having something you don't like.

Guess I'm not understanding what your trying to accomplish with sideshow if you know that the smudge is part of the production piece, and you have no intentions of returning the statue, and no additional heads are going to be sent that will look any different.

Just curious.

That's the thing Hollywood...and why I came here...I didn't know the whole run was gonna be like this. I was hoping to get some answers and it looks like I have. Guess it's time to dig into Ye Olde Box of model building supplies.

Rearranging to make room for 129. Good time to get a shot of the gang!

snowtroopergang.jpg

+1 especially the mcquarrie. I wish one of these companies offered full statues of his vision...looking at YOU Sideshow.

Back