Snowtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came yesterday.. NO issues at all ! Very nice one ! I think best trooper so far imo !!

Definately the best stand-alone trooper, much better than the Stormie. However, the Scout on Speederbike (if you count him) takes the cake for me!

Thanks for watching mate! Yeah this guy is easily the best of the troopers I think.

Best looking PF trooper so far and my first PF to collect. Thought my first was going to be the stormtrooper but was dissappointed on the final result.
Worried on what's to come in the future., could get expensive.

Hi

Just got my replacement body but i realised the forearm armour is different from my original piece😕

Got off the line with SS and they mentioned since its a replacement peice they wont be going to shipped out anymore body and its either credits or refund....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404744929319.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404744929319.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 324
Hello ALL!
I've been watchin the site for a while but finally decided to create an account. I just got my Exclusive Snowtrooper Premium format a few days ago (#129 of 500) and it is FANTASTIC! I had two issues with mine and was wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing. First and foremost, the giant brush mark of paint across the front of the face. It's so obviously NOT weathering, or an attempt at dirt/mud that I contacted Sideshow about it and was told "I regret to inform you that the paint on the helmet is quite consistent".
Now, I'm 45 and grew up with these films. Had and still have the toys and movie materials. And like so many of you, have watched the movies countless times and I cannot recall a single one of these troopers with a giant blob of mud on his face. Now I know that these pieces are meant to be interpretive to some degree, but NONE of Sideshow's shots of the Snowtrooper piece either from SDCC 2013 or at their website show this "weathering" feature. So any feedback here from my fellow collectors would be greatly appreciated, before I decide whether to escalate this further. On an almost 400.00 collectible it's kind of a big thing.
Lastly, when I went to put on the canister, one of the metal clips just fell off in my hand! I am SUPER careful when assembling these things and just barely touching it and having it fall apart is a little concerning. Anyone else have an issue with this?
I've included some pics of my piece and the Helmet and cannister. Thank you all very much for your time!
Revvian
20140701_154640.jpg

20140701_155308.jpg

20140701_160616.jpg

20140701_160630.jpg

20140701_161214.jpg

20140701_161435.jpg

Last edited:
That bit of armor is supposed to be on the other arm. If the 2 arms are different then they are swapped, otherwise you have 2 of the same; they should be different.

Hi

Just got my replacement body but i realised the forearm armour is different from my original piece��

Got off the line with SS and they mentioned since its a replacement peice they wont be going to shipped out anymore body and its either credits or refund....

That bit of armor is supposed to be on the other arm. If the 2 arms are different then they are swapped, otherwise you have 2 of the same; they should be different.
Thanks Rockhammer, i told the SS CS manager and i am surprised of the nonchalant manner he responded. Its just hard luck that you got a defect product.

The smudge on the face is the same for all the pieces. Mine has it too, exactly the same.

The metal bracket on mine also came off when I was putting it on. A little superglue better than ever.

The Mud on the face is on all of them, but from the pictures I have seen it looks like it's darker on some then others.. Also the clip came off my explosive also...

Argh! I came here hoping to find out my piece is unique- but it looks like everyone got the stupid smudge on their face... I attached a pic of mine. Got the same response from sideshow. Also my clip broke off too. But honestly- completely awesome piece! Now we need a 1/4 probe and Wampa...
IMG_1970 copy.jpg

Resculpt coming along. Have taken a LOT off the front of the cowl as I did not like the way it stuck out!! It should be vertical or nearly inverted heading downwards. Still needs some sanding and shaping but prefering it already to the honeycomb effect it had!! Eyes reshaped slightly too. Still need to paint and weather. :)

Attachments

• 20140709_184304.jpg
    20140709_184304.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 20140709_184229.jpg
    20140709_184229.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 20140709_184217.jpg
    20140709_184217.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 20140709_184010.jpg
    20140709_184010.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
20140709_201556.jpg

My first post. Lets see if i get this right.
I took a quick searh on this thread about the issue, but nothing.
What is the deal about the missing strap under snowies crotch?:huh

Back