Snowpiercer (starring Chris Evans) -Awesome movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not trying to bash this film, but can somebody who has seen this please explain to me why a train is the best chance for survival in a new Ice Age?

The movie never pretends that the best place to survive an Ice Age is on a train. There's a very specific reason why THIS train exists and why the people on it have no other choice. I won't say any more than that. You'll just have to watch the movie. :)

The movie never pretends that the best place to survive an Ice Age is on a train. There's a very specific reason why THIS train exists and why the people on it have no other choice. I won't say any more than that. You'll just have to watch the movie. :)

Fair enough I guess, it's playing at my local theater, but I'll probably have to wait for Netflix to see it.

I'm not trying to bash this film, but can somebody who has seen this please explain to me why a train is the best chance for survival in a new Ice Age? It just doesn't make sense to me.

An underground facility? Makes sense, as temperatures are much easier to regulate.

A Train? why a train? 98% of the space on the train would have to be devoted to resources just to last a few years. The only advantage it seems to have is that it's not stationary, making it difficult for looters to steal or take over the train.

I'm slightly interested in seeing this from the positive reviews, but I have to admit, it doesnt make sense to me.

you have to suspend disbelief for a little bit there. think of it as an "sci fi" train. not an ordinary train.
i already pointed out my qualms in the first thread....like track maintenance, etc. when the trailer was out.

like i mentioned earlier, it has isaac asimov's elements in this one.

you have to suspend disbelief for a little bit there. think of it as an "sci fi" train. not an ordinary train.
i already pointed out my qualms in the first thread....like track maintenance, etc. when the trailer was out.

like i mentioned earlier, it has isaac asimov's elements in this one.

if theres anything I can get behind, its Asimov

yeah and its a movie, there's always going to be something that doesn't make sense or add up. People just need to enjoy these shows at some point and not nit pick the hell out of them. If everything made by Hollywood was true to real life with no gaping story holes, then we wouldn't be watching very many movies then..

Saw it last night. Utterly fantastic movie, even if the ending made me want to scream. :lol Has some utterly fantastic action scenes too.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw it last night. Utterly fantastic movie, even if the ending made me want to scream. :lol Has some utterly fantastic action scenes too.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wasn’t a fan of the ending myself, hated the little bit of
Spoiler Spoiler:
they left at the end.

Yea, with everything they went through, I kind of expected it to end like that.

Just saw this on Direct TV pay per view. I loved it. Easily the best film I have seen so far this year. Chris Evans owned this role. As much as i love him as Cap, I am anxious for him to get away from that role so I can see what else he can do.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hugely excited about seeing this film after all this positive buzz. Should have the blu-ray early August :)

Just saw this on Direct TV pay per view. I loved it. Easily the best film I have seen so far this year. Chris Evans owned this role. As much as i love him as Cap, I am anxious for him to get away from that role so I can see what else he can do.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:hi5: I think the ending is in keeping with all that we are told and shown throughout the film.
Spoiler Spoiler:

:hi5: I think the ending is in keeping with all that we are told and shown throughout the film.
Spoiler Spoiler:

:hi5:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow, just went to see this tonight, I had heard nothing about it and was thoroughly impressed! A really great old fashioned Sci-Fi movie, not created for the sole purpose of a franchise or merchandising, just a great story, great visuals and great characters!

A fantastic post-apocolyptic tale mixing elements of Mad Max and...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Seems like the only Cineplex in all of Canada that's playing this is in Toronto which is a huge piss off as I was looking forward to seeing this. I suppose I'll have to either wait for it on blu Ray or try VOD.

Watched it on demand last night since Comcast does this with certain movies that are in the theater. It was alright. Was neat to see Evans in something other than Marvel stuff.

Back