Smugglers and Hunters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noimdac

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Howdy folks, I thought it would be cool to start a post that we all could add to.
Most of the ideas that I have in the works, or still just sketches, are of the smuggler and bounty hunter type.
But don’t limit it to just these, go nuts with your ideas. Villians, gangsters and low life scum are all welcome.
Mercenaries, hit men and prey etc all cool.

This is my Han Solo Bespin gear I'd been working on and off for a few weeks now. I have a head to go with this, but I haven't attempted a paint job on a head yet. Just wanted to research and practice a bit more before doing this. In the mean time I have a fill in for Solo, lets hear it for Iron Man.
So with this one I did all the work on the shirt, jacket, pants (not the waist belt) and the gun belt.
I recycled two 1:1 jackets to make this.

2014-11-15%2014.17.36_zpslejxtvi4.jpg

2014-11-15%2015.02.36_zpsnc1bflee.jpg

2014-11-15%2015.04.24_zpsl1m5gobf.jpg

I've posted pics of this figure before , ( but as it was a while back , I hope I'll be forgiven ) but I think it fits in with the theme of this thread . He's disgraced Special Ops Commander Ola , of the 32nd B.A.D.D ( boarding and demolitions division ) . Framed for the destruction of the top secret training facility that was home to his division and the murder of his fellow Clones , ( an act actually masterminded by Palpatine himself) Ola went into hiding in the early days of the Clone Wars , only re-appearing to strike at Seperatist facilities before disappearing again . As the war went on , Ola became embittered at both the Republic Forces and the Jedi Order , as they continued to hunt him for his "crimes" and eventually assumed a new identity as a Bounty Hunter , taking inspiration from the Clones original progenitor , Jango Fett .

Cool thundergod, nice job. I love the back story you made for this guy. Also, very cool effects on your pics.

Thanks for all the comments on my previous piece.
Hi everyone, just finished the final touches on my latest build. I’ve been working on two simultaneously, both smugglers, and this guy is ready to show. I’m nearly finished the second and should be ready for you to view very soon.
I don’t have a name for this guy, I just call him purple guy for now. But I imagine him as a wealthy/successful smuggler. Perhaps runs a business of legit and underground transport solutions.
So I wanted him to look the part with matching, even tailored looking clothing. Pants, shirt and boots were ebay purchases, the rest I fabricated to complete purple guy.
Items I custom built:-
painted the boots and added some straps.
Made the gun belt and the pant belt.
Built the gun and the knife. I kit bashed these.
Made the leather vest and the coat.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20141213_093330.jpg
    20141213_093330.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 545
  • 20141213_133007.jpg
    20141213_133007.jpg
    563.8 KB · Views: 540
Wow ! Love the work on "Purple Guy " . The vest and coat are outstanding , fits into the "Star Wars Universe" perfectly and I'm sure you could sell stuff as good as that with no problem . Top class .:clap

Wow ! Love the work on "Purple Guy " . The vest and coat are outstanding , fits into the "Star Wars Universe" perfectly and I'm sure you could sell stuff as good as that with no problem . Top class .:clap

:exactly:

Beautiful customs thundergod and noimdac, the time and quality work put in on these guys is obvious. :clap

Hi everyone, very close to finishing off that second smuggler. I would have been finished by now, but I added some cool ideas and changed him a little. I still see this guy as a smuggler for his main occupation, but has also branched out into hijacking starships. That’s where the real credits pay off. So to help him out I’ve been kitting him up all the equipment needed. What you don’t see here yet is the backpack harness and frame that will house a jet pack, a portable astromech droid and some tools of the trade.
What you do see here is everything that I’ve finished so far. It’s all handmade or kit bashed, apart from the head, hands and boots.
Starting with: under shirt, pressure vest, space suit and space helmet.
Gun belt and pistol, boot wraps and utility harness (has power cells for jump starts, life support unit and a grappling hook with winch for safety).
The harness was totally nuts to build and took a small chunk of my sanity with it. This is what I’ve spent most of my time on, but I think it was worth it.
That’s it for now, I should be finished the rest in the next week or two, providing there’s no more career alterations.
As always, thank you to everyone for leaving feedback, it’s always appreciated.

20150105_155143_zpsiqknb8jr.jpg

20150105_155053_zps3jioj1lp.jpg

As was said above, an incredible amount of detail noimdac. Love the way the helmet hooks onto the belt, a very cool figure. Really has a steampunk vibe, which I like, going for it too. :hi5:

Hey people, just a quick update on my progress. I've put a hold on finishing the previous smuggler for now because I decided to put together a small crew of ship theives/smuggles. I'm still sketching ideas on how many and what rolls they will have. Here is the first addition to the crew, this guy will be the co-pilot. More to come.

20150127_235344_zpsg6zgrhqm.jpg

Back