SMALLVILLE: Season 8

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, they teased the flying for this episode, but there wasn't even an hint of it. And I thought it was going to be a clip show they spent so much time on the meteor shower. I know the budgets have been cut, but come on! And where was Lois? I know - Davis and Lois are the same person - they can never appear in an episode together!

Do you guys think theyre going to drag out Doomsday to next season?

Okay, they teased the flying for this episode, but there wasn't even an hint of it. And I thought it was going to be a clip show they spent so much time on the meteor shower. I know the budgets have been cut, but come on! And where was Lois? I know - Davis and Lois are the same person - they can never appear in an episode together!

What about Jimmy? I hate when characters just vanish from the show for weeks at a stretch.

Davis and Lois are the same person - they can never appear in an episode together!

Lois, Davis, Doomsday...I don't care what you call it if it looks like this:

erica_durance_19.jpg

I'm there. :lol

what was that about at the end of episode 21? what is that orb and how did tess get it?

It does seem odd to be throwing in a new McGuffin so late in the season - I'm sure the orb will be part of the cliffhanger. Anyone hear what it said? All I heard was "....Kandor."

I did like the Injustice gang - although Parasite just sapping powers rather than lifeforce was a bit different. And I used to love Livewire from the animated - they shouldn't have killed her so quickly.

It does seem odd to be throwing in a new McGuffin so late in the season - I'm sure the orb will be part of the cliffhanger. Anyone hear what it said? All I heard was "....Kandor."

I did like the Injustice gang - although Parasite just sapping powers rather than lifeforce was a bit different. And I used to love Livewire from the animated - they shouldn't have killed her so quickly.

Same view on Livewire and Parasite. And yup, I heard Kandor too. Wonder if Clark is going to find it and put it in the Fortress like in the comics. It is curious them introducing this so late into the season. Maybe it will carry over into next season. But if it does, maybe we will get some more Brainiac.

Same view on Livewire and Parasite. And yup, I heard Kandor too. Wonder if Clark is going to find it and put it in the Fortress like in the comics. It is curious them introducing this so late into the season. Maybe it will carry over into next season. But if it does, maybe we will get some more Brainiac.

Kara went looking for Kandor - so hopefully they'll bring her back too.

Yes, they need to bring back Brainiac. The show was soo much more interesting when JM was playing that role and he did a great job doing it.

They started this season thinking it would be the last. So I dont think they were doing any background set up for next season. So maybe thats why they are setting it up so late in the season.

As for Parasite, I can forgive the power sapping. Also, I dont know if it was clear that he ONLY sapped power. He only touched powered people, and only for a few seconds. Maybe the first thing to be drained is the super ability.

As for livewire, although I doubt we will see her again in the show, maybe upon death she just ascended into the full electrical form like in the animated series. In other words, if they reallly wanted to bring her back they could.

It told tess that she is the savior of kandor or something like that.
I got completely thrown off by that whole scene, I thought i had forgotten something prior in the season.

I just wanna know how long they'll keep up this Doomsday storyline. cause I want to know if we'll see the death of Superman or not. And if he's just going to be on the show for the rest of its time or not. I hope we see a huge showdown between him and Kent. Doomsday is the man! :rock :rock

It told tess that she is the savior of kandor or something like that.
I got completely thrown off by that whole scene, I thought i had forgotten something prior in the season.

There have actually been two references to Kandor in the current season prior to the orb. The first was Kara saying she was searching for the lost city of Kandor. The second was tess reading a paper or something on her computer that mentioned Kandor (dont remember exactly). Its not out of the blue...its just not well established.

I just wanna know how long they'll keep up this Doomsday storyline. cause I want to know if we'll see the death of Superman or not. And if he's just going to be on the show for the rest of its time or not. I hope we see a huge showdown between him and Kent. Doomsday is the man! :rock :rock

If im not mistaken they have another actor slated to play doomsday next season. A big guy...which makes me believe Doomsday will ride out the show and that this season finale will be the onset of the traditional doomsday.

If im not mistaken they have another actor slated to play doomsday next season. A big guy...which makes me believe Doomsday will ride out the show and that this season finale will be the onset of the traditional doomsday.

Or Clark will be successful in splitting Davis from Doomsday but not in sending him to the PZ.

Maybe they send Doomsday to Kandor, one could always hope!

Really not sure where they are going with the storyline, I know there is going to be a next season, but with their shrinking budget I keep hearing Chloe won't be back and I think that pretty much does it for the orginial cast if I am not mistaken other than for Tom Welling.

I saw an interview with Laura VanderVoot about her Into the Blue 2 movie and was asked about Smallville and pretty much said that ship has sailed. I think they wrote her out due to budget reasons. Other than Tom, they probably pay per episode so to keep it tight, each of the cast members only get a certain amount of shows per season.

I'm still enoying the show and this season has been much better than the previous few but really it has to end sometime.

Evan

Really not sure where they are going with the storyline, I know there is going to be a next season, but with their shrinking budget I keep hearing Chloe won't be back and I think that pretty much does it for the orginial cast if I am not mistaken other than for Tom Welling.

I fully expect Chloe to either be written off or die so they can cut her salary from the budget. I wouldn't really mind either, I like Chloe but they've done all they can do with her. Lois and Clark need to be the focus next season. Oliver needs to stick around too, he's a great foil for Clark.

Back