Small JAWS prob. What do you all think.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think working in a Chinese factory manufacturing toys would be too much fun :rolleyes:

Although I do remember as a child imaging that Taiwan must be a wonderful place since so many of my favorite toys were made there :lol

galactiboy said:
I don't think working in a Chinese factory manufacturing toys would be too much fun :rolleyes:

Although I do remember as a child imaging that Taiwan must be a wonderful place since so many of my favorite toys were made there :lol
HA HA ME TOO!!! :duff :rock2

decadentdave said:
No way in hell would I recommend abraisively sanding the finish! Try dabbing a Q-tip in some rubbing alcohol and see if that lifts the ink.

I wouldn't mind taking a pay cut if I got to work in a toy factory all day. That would be my dream job. Although it probably gets pretty repetitive when you get to about the 247th Bruce and you start slacking on the quality. :D

A finishing sand isn't very "abrasive". It is really smooth, a film and not a paper. It is designed for removing paint globs, etc. from a finished piece. I take it you envisioned me recommending a piece of 80 grit sand paper or something.:rotfl

I wouldn't have recommended it if I hadn't done it before to remove a variety of marks from finished products. It works. Just have to know what you are doing and be careful. I agree with you on the repetitive aspect of the toys. Probably why we actually get some that have small boogered up paint apps.:D

I know what you meant Phibes. I just finished using it to sand down and angle the bloated cheeks and jawline on my Bespin Han before I paint him. But on a $300 sculpt I personally would not use anything abraisive to the finish. I would go with the rubbing alcohol or some other solvent that will not lift the finish and if that fails I would demand a replacement. I wouldn't take any chances with fouling up that sculpt in any way. If basic remedies can't cure it then it should be repaired at the source.

Anton Phibes said:
Could you just imagine going to work and in a week work on Mummies, Ringwraiths, Buffies, Giant Sharks, King Kong, etc?:lol

Imagine the look on their faces when they were told to paint Buffy's thong on each piece. :rotfl

decadentdave said:
I know what you meant Phibes. I just finished using it to sand down and angle the bloated cheeks and jawline on my Bespin Han before I paint him. But on a $300 sculpt I personally would not use anything abraisive to the finish. I would go with the rubbing alcohol or some other solvent that will not lift the finish and if that fails I would demand a replacement. I wouldn't take any chances with fouling up that sculpt in any way. If basic remedies can't cure it then it should be repaired at the source.

I got ya. It IS really a shame that any prefinished piece has to have any such tweaking. Or repairs of any kind for that matter. Did you read the thread on the Dracula 1:1 bust I posted? It had a problem with the hair (obviously an easy fix), and some scuffed off paint around the upper lip. I also noticed an entire area where they simply forgot to bring the gold paint flush to the stone. It seems they may be running into some quality control issues. I wasn't trying to imply that you were stupid or anything. Please do not misunderstand.

Back