Sleepy Hollow on Fox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait till Ichabod finds out more about how horrible our nation's past was. :lol

He really is the best 'fish out of water' character pretty much ever, in my opinion.

A few years ago I did a lot of work researching and cataloging the history of ancient China/Asia, and corresponding events around the world so it would give context and scale. What I discovered was an astonishing degree of violence and barbarism that is nearly impossible to fathom. When you look at the atrocities committed from ancient times, Nero, Attila, Genghis Khan, Hitler, Stalin. Mao, Amin, et al, and look at the history of the US, its not even close. Is the US guiltless? No, and in comparison to a Utopian vision we have been savage. In comparison to world history we are pretty damned civilized.

Last nights episode was great. Loved the twist but I wish some deeper clues had been dropped sooner about Abraham.

Someone on another site brought up a really cool point.

In the book, Brom was wearing a Horseman costume to scare Ichabod away for falling in love with his gal.

In this version, Brom literally IS the horseman, who's trying to KILL Ichabod for falling in love with his gal. Totally works. I take what I said back. Clever girls, these writers.

Also, Irving continues to be ****ing awesome.

Just finished the last episode, top notch as usual, but I do feel they demystified the Horseman a little, it's still cool but I'd rather have him as an faceless angry German dude who was possessed by Death itself.

This works too, gives it a more personal touch to the confrontation between him and Ichabod, but I don't fear his melee skills no more, the Horseman is supposed to be an expert unbeatable swordsman, is he not? Now he's only a possessed rich guy with fencing lessons.

I just hope they don't try to redeem him at the end.

Ink watches CW teenybopper witch/vampire shows, so I wouldn't hold his opinion in high regard.

But no, this is not anywhere close to the best show on television right now.

I don't think its getting stale at all. I could care less about the following myself.

Following is alright, but the premise is such a cop-out.

"We can make anyone at anytime be a follower to turn the story in the direction we want. Man we are good."

Sleepy is much better.

The premise seems alright I just never was hooked enough by it to jump in.

I like SH myself. It's one of the things I look forward to on Monday nights.

Following is alright, but the premise is such a cop-out.

"We can make anyone at anytime be a follower to turn the story in the direction we want. Man we are good."

Sleepy is much better.

Maybe I'm just a homer since they shoot scenes all around my town :)

Back