Skiman's 1:6 Resident Evil Jill Valentine Apocalypse [*OPENINGS PAST THE 20 SPOT*]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any Updates?

Please please.....

Yes, hope this is still a go.
Been working on my resident evil dio so ive been paying lots of attention lately to the resident evil figures, im having a hard time appreciating my ht jill, although its a cool figure, I don't see any resemblance at all to Jill.

I still have the 3D model of her, she's ready to print although I'm hesistant to go this route. (I just don't feel the artistry by computer generating an oject, it's just my opinion) I've really been at a fork in the highway of going this route or by hand.

I've been training in some new material for sculpting and have been taking in by some of the great sculptors of this industry to explore these options. So I'm tempted to sculpt her in this medium.

It's definitely a go, just need to decide a few things here and there. I'm sure with as OCD'ish I've been treating in doing this sculpt, I'm working to release her as the best I can. The rework may also apply to my Nemesis project as the sculpture is basically done, I may mold him into another medium to get some finer details that were capable by me in clay but this may push it up into another realm to sort of speak.

I'm always looking in every direction to improve upon my craft. :)

Ski

Really appreciate your dedication in offering a high quality product.
Could have easily printed it and send a very nice product, but your dedication in making sure its not just a very nice product, but a true work of art is much appreciated.

I'm a big fan of your painting skills, I have no doubt the quality will be the same with your sculpts.

JillSidebySide2.jpg

Ski

I really hope you aren't using just one image and one angle to base the entire sculpt and likeness. :lecture

Skiman's been doing a ton of great custom work. I think he knows what he's doing. Check out his custom thread.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76419

No matter what, you will only improve the sculpt better with different angles. Not every sculpt is a cut and paste job (unless you're doing the same actor/actress), just because previous sculpts look good doesn't mean future ones will, especially if they're different likenesses. This goes for any 3D modeling/sculpting professional in the industry.

It's always good to see the Zbrush sculpt and the actor/actress in different angles.

No matter what, you will only improve the sculpt better with different angles. Not every sculpt is a cut and paste job (unless you're doing the same actor/actress), just because previous sculpts look good doesn't mean future ones will, especially if they're different likenesses. This goes for any 3D modeling/sculpting professional in the industry.

It's always good to see the Zbrush sculpt and the actor/actress in different angles.

Examining a subject from different angles makes for a better sculpt. This is positively revolutionary. Ski needs to know this ASAP!!!

:panic:

Haha

Whichever method ski uses I'm sure the quality will be the same. It all depends on his personal preference. I'm sure whatever route he chooses will get you a quality product.

Back