Skiman's 1:6 Jared Nomak "The Reaper" [Decon Frost perhaps?]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Jared Nomak Blade II "The Reaper" (Skiman commission) Sneak WIP P.12 post #11

So I bought the boots, overcoat, gloves, scarf, shirt, and true-type the other day.

All came fine except.... They sent me the wrong true-type.. :slap

Instead of the Prison Break looking one, I got Obama!!!! :gah:

Well since I don't own a Blade, I guess I will start piecing that one together as well.

So instead of just needing the Nomak heads, pants, hooded sweatshirt, I now need everything for a Blade minus the body.... :lol

Re: 1:6 Jared Nomak Blade II "The Reaper" (Skiman commission) Sneak WIP P.12 post #11

So I bought the boots, overcoat, gloves, scarf, shirt, and true-type the other day.

All came fine except.... They sent me the wrong true-type.. :slap

Instead of the Prison Break looking one, I got Obama!!!! :gah:

Well since I don't own a Blade, I guess I will start piecing that one together as well.

So instead of just needing the Nomak heads, pants, hooded sweatshirt, I now need everything for a Blade minus the body.... :lol

You need th HT TT Narrow, NOMAK wear too many clothes:
coat,longt t-shirt, grey shirt plus the hoody.:)

What are you guys going to use for gloves?

Smoothened him out a little bit more tonight and played with Photoshop some to give an idea.

Items to work on:
1) Smooth in the mouth lines
2) Spacing on right ear to eye ratio
3) Shorten chin and add the slight split to the bottom
4) Soften chin split a little more and make more natural
5) Slightly lower the brows on each eye
6) Curve right ear slightly a little more

IMG_7552.jpg

NomakCompare.jpg

NomakMocUp.jpg

Bro, the mouth have to be a little wide be close to the line in the lefth side.
and make one more change the in the sculpt the jaw is to long and wide, recheck the picture and after that looks GOOD!!:)

Bro, the mouth have to be a little wide be close to the line in the lefth side.
and make one more change the in the sculpt the jaw is to long and wide, recheck the picture and after that looks GOOD!!:)

Cool "Bro" :lol sorry that made me laugh for some reason.

Yea that's what I meant by number 3.

Smoothened him out a little bit more tonight and played with Photoshop some to give an idea.

Items to work on:
1) Smooth in the mouth lines
2) Spacing on right ear to eye ratio
3) Shorten chin and add the slight split to the bottom
4) Soften chin split a little more and make more natural
5) Slightly lower the brows on each eye
6) Curve right ear slightly a little more

I thought his right side of his mouth might be a little to short, I expanded it but no probs on making it wider, I'm sure it will be make it better.

Anyone else see anything?

Ski, Now I can't wait for the final pictures!!!:)

Looks good so far. The only thing I would ask you to kinda watch is the overall size of the head. It can be a little tricky keeping it small enough while still allowing for the detail. I'm sure you know this tho...Just a reminder.

Oh yes, it's in scale, I've constantly matched it with other 1/6 items/heads.

It might look large in those close ups just because they are really close up pics taken. I'll take some pics maybe even next to the Blade head for scale comparison.

edit: also I didn't scale it correctly in the PS with the bash of his body :lol, I just did a copy and paste and shrunk it.

Last edited:

Yeah, I don't really know your methodology of sculpting. I know some work over the top of a TT head and some work from scratch. But if your doing more of an overlay the size can be problematic. It looks like its from scratch though which is all the more impressive. Keep it up.

@ Damage, yea it's from scratch.

I think we have a winner here guys with the final adjustments!!! :rock

Items to work on:
1) Smooth in the mouth lines --check
2) Spacing on right ear to eye ratio --check
3) Shorten chin and add the slight split to the bottom --check
4) Soften chin split a little more and make more natural --check
5) Slightly lower the brows on each eye --check
6) Curve right ear slightly a little more --check

IMG_7579.jpg

IMG_7578.jpg

I'll see if I can get my Blade head from my storage area to shoot a scale shot. Otherwise I think he's ready for baking and adding of the teeth, too bad my in-laws are coming into town or I would be working on this all day tomorrow. Looks like more progress on Sunday.

Last edited:

wow you are really talented skiman :rock2

:):):):):)

Ski, I WANT THIS BAD BOY NOW!!!!:)...PLEASE!!!:)

:rock2

MAJOR SAUCE

Looking great, Ski!

:clap:clap:clap

He's really snapping into focus!

He's looking great Skiman! Love the evil expression you have captured in the sculpt. :D

wow you are really talented skiman :rock2

Ski, I WANT THIS BAD BOY NOW!!!!:)...PLEASE!!!:)

Thank you fellas for the comps, I'm really glad that members are liking the sculpt and thanks for the constructive criticism. Other eyes are always a great idea for an artist since I've been looking at the head for hours on end, details can slip through the cracks.

PHEW, well there's one bad boy down for now the teeth are simple and sculpting the rest of the head should be downhill from there as well.

I'd say after this weekend I'll get started on the open mandible and we will be well on the way :panic:

damagecase said:
What are you guys going to use for gloves?
Hi damagecase, I'm planning on using the Soldier Story Bastogne gloves and hands. I've chopped the ends off some of the glove fingers and put some holes in the knuckles and dirtied them up using acrylics. I'm not sure how film accurate they are, but i'm pleased with how they look. :)

For the coat, I remembered I had a Napoleon greatcoat in my spares box. It was grey, but pretty easy to dye and a cheap beany bear gave up his skin to provide the material for the collar.

Btw, any tips on what to use for his scarf, guys? It appears to be maroon and grey in the costume photos.

Back