Skiff guard help needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundergod

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've decided that for the new year I'm going "old school" with a few OT customs including a couple of Skiff Guards ( Nikto and Weequay species ). I know a few of you have done likewise , so I'm looking for tips and pointers regarding putting together the outfits . I've a good deal of reference and I expect to have to scratch build a fair amount of the clothing , but any advice on "off the shelf" parts such as trousers , boots etc would be much appreciated . Hands would also be something I need to consider . :wink1:

SSC Bith hands, painted and perhaps resculpted make good weequay hands, maybe nikto too if you're into reshaping

SSC Bith hands, painted and perhaps resculpted make good weequay hands, maybe nikto too if you're into reshaping

I figured that they'd be a good fit for both and even Hasbro Emperor hands would do the job , all I have to do would be find some loose !

I think somebody here cast a bunch of bith hands for the purpose not long ago too

Guilty as Charged your honour, can do both Bith( both straight and gripping) and Hammerhead hands if you need some just Pm me.

As to ideas, give Chaka a PM about his Nikto chest armour ect, he was a top man when I needed one, couldn't believe no one had ever asked him to do commission work before:dunno
You've got to admit when it comes to Skiff scum and villany ChaKa is truly the man.

Guilty as Charged your honour, can do both Bith( both straight and gripping) and Hammerhead hands if you need some just Pm me.

As to ideas, give Chaka a PM about his Nikto chest armour ect, he was a top man when I needed one, couldn't believe no one had ever asked him to do commission work before:dunno
You've got to admit when it comes to Skiff scum and villany ChaKa is truly the man.

Nice one , I'll be in touch as soon as I start to get the stuff together . ( And I've not forgotten about the Clone stuff as well !)
As for Chaka , I knew someone had done some good Skiff Guard work , I'll chase it up right away . :wink1:

consult all that is chakaman..............he will send you down the path of skiffness...........:lecture

I've been going through chaka's thread and there is much usefullness there ! :wink1:

Thanks for the kind words guys. :hi5:

I've been going through chaka's thread and there is much usefullness there ! :wink1:

Im glad you could find some useful stuff in my thread TG.

Most of my shirts/jackets are handmade from old tee shirts and leather bits. I get most of my boots and pants from TA and paint/mod them. "Ignite Toys" has some cheap robes/pants that can be hacked up and modded to look really nice.

Of course, I get all my headsculpts from "the masta" Daune.

I am in the process of redoing/updating most of my Skiff guards, so if you need some more pics or parts info, dont be afraid to ask. Id be happy to help you mate. :)

Last edited:
Hey , it's the man himself ! I knew if I dangled my bait in the water you'd show up and bite .:lol
It's early days , it'll be the New Year before I begin to put them together but I'm beginning to get the ingredients together . I've got plenty of faux leather , bits of chammi leather and WW2 bits and bobs . After working on numerous Clones and Imperials , I'm looking forward to the look of the "nuts and bolts" of the original trilogy and building something from the ground up . It's also a reflection of the excitement brought about by the recent news of Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm and a return to that particular time-frame ( or thereabouts !) . And chaka , be sure to keep me updated on your "reworkings/tweaks" .:wink1:

Last edited:
Back