size comparisons?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt82

Freaked Out
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone had an image of all the races of people in the lord of the rings including all the creatures like the cave troll for instance. i saw one a while back and never saved it and now i cant find it, it had the fellowship and a few badies like the cave troll and witch king. i am planning on doing cave troll sculpt and need to know how they compare to humans and elves etc
thanks

I thought this was a thread about something else....:D

If it's the one that was in The Official Movie Guide then that gives a Troll's (Not the Cave Troll just a generic Troll) height as 10 Foot Tall.

Shaihulud said:
I thought this was a thread about something else....:D

Is this what you were thinking? :D
difference.jpg

:naughty ....................................................................................................:yuck

I'd be curious to see a size chart like they have for Star Wars in the chronicle books.

(derailed threads are so annoying....)

Jesseawilson said:
<--------- Yes that's an American chick right there............ :lol

Yes.. we... know.... But... tell me... What... is her.... um, name?
320x240.jpg

I too would like a size comparision chart... Why do you want one? To Contemplate scale in SS stuff?

pixletwin said:
Yes.. we... know.... But... tell me... What... is her.... um, name?
320x240.jpg

I too would like a size comparision chart... Why do you want one? To Contemplate scale in SS stuff?

im planning on doing a statue of the cave troll with some other characters in their, would hate to have it done an realise my scale is all off

One of the books (let me check my shelf when I get home from work) offers a little drawing comparing the scales of the various races and creatures of middle earth, and it may be a start, but if I recall it isn't entirely accurate, as the Cave troll winds up bigger than what they originally outlined.

Okay. I have no working scanner but I have the book in front of me. It's LOTR Official Movie Guide by Brian Sibley; on page 75 they have a sketchy chart that gives the scale of all the races and heights:

Hobbits are 4'2"

Dwarves are 4'6"

Moria Orcs are 5'2"

Orcs range from 5'5" to 6'6"

Humans are 5'9"

Elves are 6'2"

Uruk-Hai are 6'4"

Ringwraiths are 6'9"

and the Cave Troll is listed as 10", but someone already said correctly that they ended up making the troll bigger.

I know the chart was probably made up to give an idea of scale, but I hope this answers the questions and helps out.

Back