Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's right, SS Alex confirmed with us that GL was not ment to be with the JLA line. WW, Bats and Superman are ment to compliment each other.

Wonder if they will make Flash fit in with the trinity?

Really? Where was that confirmed? What I remember seeing from Alex is that the JLA was going to be tiered with the Trinity being the largest.

Since this is much debated I asked SSAlex earlier this year. The definitive answer:

Hey Alex,

I see some back and forth (some I've weighed in on, but I don't really know) on whether there are separate "lines" within Premium Formats.

For example, many say the Green Lantern and Sinestro PFs are a separate line from Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, who are in a Justice League line, and that there'll be a Green Lantern PF for the JL line later. I guess by that reasoning that makes the current Batman PF a part of 2 lines, the JL line and the line with his villains? I just figured everything comic related was in one big line where any character could be added in, but I could be wrong... any thoughts or understandings about this?

and THANKS!

All the DC Premium Format Figures are considered an all encompassing full line of heroes and villains even though you can break them down into Justice League (Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern), Batman Villains (The Joker, Harley Queen and Poison Ivy), Gotham Sirens (Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy), Gotham (Batman, The Joker, Harley Quinn, and Poison Ivy), Superman (Superman), Green Lantern (Green Lantern and Sinestro), etc.

So that's that. The existing Green Lantern and Sinstro are in the same "line" as everything else because there are no "lines", they're just all DC PFs.

Oh, because of the size... I guess lucky for me I only have GL and will have Sinestro, so it's a moot point for me :)

Take a look at Nemesis Enforcer's pic and take Supes out of the mix. Bruce is gigantic next to Hal. Just compare the chest or leg dimensions. I think SS simply messed up. Which is a shame when you're putting out a line of really expensive 1/4 scale statues.

...and yeah, it might've been mentioned 9,167 times, but I'm new so I don't have the benefit of past discussions. I was simply stating how I feel.

Back to Sinestro. I'm hoping he fills the gap between them.

owning all three my take is that GL is definitely smaller but he is my favorite of the three. He is in a dynamic pose, fully sculpted with lots of detail and the light up features are incredible. To be completely honest Superman and Batman are awkwardly large. They don't look right next to any other PF's. Superman maybe works but Batman is sculpted like he just won Mr Olympia. His thighs and calves look are enormous. I don't think his sculpt is accurate for a athletic kung fu type.

I wouldn't get to wrapped around the axle on dimensions. I never understand why everyone gets so hyped about it. Finding space to display the trinity alone is going to be a chore for most collectors.

I don't even see the big deal. The GL premium format kicks ass and is one of my favourite pieces. I can't wait to have sinestro go with him. Hopefully we get a warehouse email in the next week or two. Has anyone been checking the coming soon part of the weekly email?

I don't even see the big deal. The GL premium format kicks ass and is one of my favourite pieces. I can't wait to have sinestro go with him. Hopefully we get a warehouse email in the next week or two. Has anyone been checking the coming soon part of the weekly email?

Yup, but no mention of Sinestro coming soon yet.

I know GL is such a travesty on the internets, but I can live with mine.

supespf5_zps28ef22a6.jpg

supespf10_zps205fa8b9.jpg

supespf9_zpsd651e849.jpg

Who knows. If they end up doing Flash, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter in the same style as the trinity, we'll more than likely see a museum style GL piece as well although I could see it being John Stewart.

On the other forum, Igo said that the idea was to do a "tiered" set for the Justice League, where the trinity are on higher bases, and GL, Flash, Aquaman, etc... will be of a similar stature. With so many characters to do and with DC comic pieces trickling out at about 3 a year, I wouldn't hold out for another GL any time soon. The PF is a great piece, and I'd advise anyone who is a fan of the character to snap one up before the line goes any further. At 2250 pieces total, he will likely end up being the most under-produced main character in the entire DC line.

owning all three my take is that GL is definitely smaller but he is my favorite of the three. He is in a dynamic pose, fully sculpted with lots of detail and the light up features are incredible. To be completely honest Superman and Batman are awkwardly large. They don't look right next to any other PF's. Superman maybe works but Batman is sculpted like he just won Mr Olympia. His thighs and calves look are enormous. I don't think his sculpt is accurate for a athletic kung fu type.

I wouldn't get to wrapped around the axle on dimensions. I never understand why everyone gets so hyped about it. Finding space to display the trinity alone is going to be a chore for most collectors.

the Trinity are meant to be bigger than all of the rest..that's the plan

the Trinity is meant to be bigger than all of the rest..that's the plan

I agree there...especially with Batman. Don't get me wrong, I love my Batman PF, but he's massive. It's strange that people generally don't have issues with Batman and Superman being over 1/4 scale, but GL gets flamed over and over for being slightly too small.

Agreed, I'm hanging onto my GL and I can't wait to put Sinestro beside him.

the Trinity is meant to be bigger than all of the rest..that's the plan

I think we know that the sales of the trinity was plan to be bigger than all the rest because of popularity. But I think we are talking about the sizes of the statue?

For the 9167th time, Batman and Superman are a bit larger than 1/4 scale and GL is a bit smaller than 1/4 scale. That combination makes GL look smaller than he actually is.

GL will look fine next to Sinestro, considering that Sinestro is around 6'7" tall in the comics.

Not only that - Supes and Batman have enormous sweeping capes that add to their hefty appearance, not to mention that their body sculpts have mixed media on top of them which is probably adding somewhat to their bulk. Oh, and GL is lunging forward which doesn't help the illusion. So yeah, GL is smaller, but displayed the right way it's a fairly negligible difference in person.

The GL PF is a fantastic looking statue. Any of us that own it know how cool it looks. For those that aren't happy with it, you'll have to just wait for SSC to revisit the character. Meanwhile, I'll proudly display my GL PF and wait for some more members of the JLA to get released. Sinestro is going to look awesome with Hal.

Exactly. GL is one of my all time favourite heroes and when I first saw the premium format and all the pics, I hated it. Wanted nothing to do with it. Then for Christmas last year my buddies snapped up one of the last regs for me. Once you have him in person, he's friggin awesome. I could never sell this statue. My only regret is not having the ex but something is better than nothing.

I don't even know why you bother. You know he'll be spouting the same **** in a little while. The song ALWAYS remain the same with CBG.
Watch this ****.....

........POWER RANGERS!

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Sideshow has a tier system in place with the JLA

What's tier mean?

I don't even know why you bother. You know he'll be spouting the same **** in a little while. The song ALWAYS remain the same with CBG.

Huh? I'm not playing I only ask when I don't know. I know sometimes I can go look for the things on SS site. But it takes much more effort to look for the item on their site. The site is not user friendly'. I sometimes navigate and can't even find some PF that others here are nice enough to send me a link. I don't know how you all found some of those ex that sold out but you all did. Thanks again for everyone's help. I feel like a newbie in a veterans body on here.

Back