Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to say I had to pass on Sinestro. I was super excited to have a companion piece to go with my GL EX. But, once SS removed the light-up feature there was no way to justify the $400 price tag.

I will probably regret that I passed on it later. But, you have to draw a line somewhere. Congratulations to the ones who got him. It is definitely a $400 sculpt. Just not a $400 dollar statue when compared to other recent releases.

Sorry to say I had to pass on Sinestro. I was super excited to have a companion piece to go with my GL EX. But, once SS removed the light-up feature there was no way to justify the $400 price tag.

I will probably regret that I passed on it later. But, you have to draw a line somewhere. Congratulations to the ones who got him. It is definitely a $400 sculpt. Just not a $400 dollar statue when compared to other recent releases.

You know it was just the base that was originally going to light up right?

Would barely have used the light up neways mines gonna be in a light up cabinet neways, hard to pass up the amazing sculpt on this one!

I was a little choked in how they handled removing the light-up feature...kind of hoping no one would notice (I still have not received an email to tell me the feature was removed). But, ultimately, I don't really care that the light-up is gone...I rarely turn on the lights in any of my pieces.

You know it was just the base that was originally going to light up right?

Yeah, I knew the original description only had the base lighting up. I was a little upset about that too. I was so impressed with the light-up effects on GL, having a matching Sinestro would have been great.

I can understand people not caring about the light-up, but it was the final straw for me. Let's be honest. The base is smaller than GL's, EX is much weaker, and now no light-up feature. But, the cost has gone up $50. Just couldn't pull the trigger. I would love to have it, but there are too many other ones out there that warrant a $400 price tag. Funds are limited, so I have to be selective. Again, to all that did get Sinestro - Congratulations!!!

Yeah, I knew the original description only had the base lighting up. I was a little upset about that too. I was so impressed with the light-up effects on GL, having a matching Sinestro would have been great.

I can understand people not caring about the light-up, but it was the final straw for me. Let's be honest. The base is smaller than GL's, EX is much weaker, and now no light-up feature. But, the cost has gone up $50. Just couldn't pull the trigger. I would love to have it, but there are too many other ones out there that warrant a $400 price tag. Funds are limited, so I have to be selective. Again, to all that did get Sinestro - Congratulations!!!

Good job sticking with your principles. I was disappointed that Sideshow would remove a feature and keep the price the same. A gesture to those who preordered like a $20 Reward Points credit would've been a classier move. As long as they take with delays and our deposits, I don't think it's asking too much.

Not many people up in arms because it's a light-up feature, and I get that. I firmly believe a statue should stand on its own without gimmicks. But what happens if it's an extra portrait that gets left out? A switch out hand/accessory? I imagine you'll see more people disturbed by that switcheroo.

Good job sticking with your principles. I was disappointed that Sideshow would remove a feature and keep the price the same. A gesture to those who preordered like a $20 Reward Points credit would've been a classier move. As long as they take with delays and our deposits, I don't think it's asking too much.

Would have been nice.

I wouldn't have even know about the removal if I hadn't read this thread. I ordered him within minutes of him going up and never got the email about any changes.

Back