Sin City / Invisible Woman Kumik head on page 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erik352

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just wanted to share a custom I started last year, but just couldn't find the time to complete (actually its still not complete), just wanted to get some comments and some advice on how to finish it.

DSCN0358.jpg

The chaps are from a 1/6 Rebecca cowgirl figure, but I don't know where and how to get the silver buttons around the costume. In the meantime, the ones you see in the pictures are just stickers.

For the tassles, I just use ribbons, but I want to find a material that's soft so it won't stick out straight.

DSCN0357.jpg

For the costume I just bought some leather and super glued everything together. I know zip about sewing, so if anybody here has any skill in putting a costume together, I would certainly use your advice and help. (or if there's any past attempt at a Nancy costume, do share the pictures or customizer, I would really want to get in touch with them)

DSCN0356.jpg

I'm a first time painter, so this is something I did last night, took almost four hours and I still think there might be something off about it. (the eyes come to mind since that took the longest to do) But in the meantime I don't wanna touch it right now, might mess it up. My wife thinks the eyebrows might be too thin, I kinda agree with it.

It's still far from finish, I'm waiting for the holster/belt from Stevo Toys, currently in transit. I still need to put tassles on the chaps, but I wanna find first a softer material, or just have someone do it for me. And I'm still missing a hat, which I might ask Stevo to do once he accept orders again.

Anyway, will appreciate any and all comments! Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Re: My Attempt at a Sin City Nancy figure WIP

That looks darn good. One of the better proportioned female figures I've ever seen.

I like it! Looks really good. I'm really impressed how you got the outfit together, especially if you did the top and sleeves yourself.

Is that a recast of the Sue Storm head? I think the skintone is great, agree about the eyebrows. And might lessen the purple in the lips. Hard to tell on the eyes, but look pretty good to me.

Thanks guys!

Yup, use the Sue Storm head, and its not a recast! Yeah, now that I look at it, the lips do look a bit purplish! haha!

Well, here are some more photos, now with the belt made by Stevo Toys!

DSCN0409.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0407.jpg

couple of close-ups

DSCN0408.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

Now all I need is a hat! :)

Wow, belt is a nice addition, coming along great imo. :clap

Great job this is coming along great!

Thanks guys! yeah, the Alice body would look good, and maybe I'll get one someday.

Well got an Alba head off ebay a couple of weeks back, and here's my newest bash:
DSCN1308_zpsfecaef1a.jpg

DSCN1309_zpsf0dee051.jpg

DSCN1310_zps9dcd683a.jpg

I love the headsculpt...but the face is a bit small I think, and the head doesn't go all the way into the neck. There's a slight gap between the head and the neck.

DSCN1311_zps0f6fa00b.jpg

DSCN1312_zps880fd268.jpg

DSCN1313_zpse04ffa27.jpg

DSCN1314_zps2b9ae044.jpg

comparision with a iminime custom head

DSCN1315_zps47b82854.jpg

thanks for looking

I tried using the headsculpt with my nancy custom and I think it looks okay...
DSCN1367_zpsc38f611d.jpg

DSCN1364_zps5141647c.jpg

DSCN1366_zpsb5b1f3f8.jpg

head might be a bit small, still thinking if I should get one of those Phicen bodies.

DSCN1369_zpsfd5b899d.jpg

the head looks perfect on the Kumik body....but the body's skin tone is a little pale.

Re: Sin City Nancy figure with Kumik head on page 2

Hmm... the new head has more polish, but I think I prefer the shape and proportions of your original one.

BTW, every time I see this I read the title as "Sid and Nancy Custom" :lol

wow, this is great, let me ask, how did you do the bra and gauntlets? and were did you get the fantastic 4, is that a barbie uniform, again great customs, thanks..

wow, this is great, let me ask, how did you do the bra and gauntlets? and were did you get the fantastic 4, is that a barbie uniform, again great customs, thanks..

OH those were just glued together from leather I bought. I have no sewing skills :rotfl Yep barbie outfit fits the skinnier kumik body, tight but it does fit! thanks!

Well finally finish my custom Invisible Woman, pretty happy with the way she turn out!
DSCN1409_zpsa5e63e71.jpg

DSCN1410_zps54bcd1ff.jpg

DSCN1411_zps15ab8f85.jpg

DSCN1412_zpsba5f4881.jpg

DSCN1415_zps00000d75.jpg

DSCN1419_zps0bf9e31c.jpg

Comparison with the old toybiz figure

DSCN1422_zpsf793f8ce.jpg

Funny thing is, I bought 2 kumik head from the same seller, and both came in a different shade of blonde.

Back