Simpsons at Minas Tirith!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beren

Super Freak
Reaction score
What a hilarious plot point!

(I only caught the last 2/3 because I forgot about the time change, ARHGGH)

Lisa and Bart order a bunch of boxes from UPS, then build a castle from them in their backyard, complete with drawbridge. The UPS guy is not happy and tells them to give the boxes back. They refuse of course and the UPS guy threatens he will be back with his comrades.

Later the army of UPS guys arrive. Bart: "Who thought guys in brown shirts could be this much trouble?" (LOL!! I wonder how many people get that...)

And then: the UPS guys storm forwards, even using ladders and the show uses the music track from when Mordor attacks Minas Tirith. Lisa and Bart repel the attackers, shots of the UPS guys crashing back to earth, clinging to their toppled ladders. And a Fell Beast arrives, complete with Nazgul scream! Gold! :)

(The attack is repelled :D )

Beren

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning--I was able to catch it at 8PM PST and saw the show. I really enjoyed the episode and got a big kick out of the battle scene.

I lost it when the Fell Beast showed up. The best part was the shot at the end of the battle.

tomandshell said:
Thanks for the warning--I was able to catch it at 8PM PST and saw the show. I really enjoyed the episode and got a big kick out of the battle scene.
DANG IT!!! I could have been watching it...instead I had the Amazing Race in the background while I checked email....crap!! I don't even like that show!!! URGH!!!

I saw it last night too. Very funny stuff. The best part to me was Nelson showing up like the Elves did.

DannieDarKo said:
Ask and you shall recieve! ;)

Simpsons at Minas Tirith!

Thanks for the link! :rock

I don't understand what the point of owning a TiVo DVR if it's not going to catch a show in its entirety when Fox Sports runs over their allotted time. :censored

Now if only I could see the ending of Family Guy.

I haven't watched Simpsons at all this season (find that the originality that made it once must see has long since petered out to a rehash and routine comedic moments) but after reading this thread I kept flipping back to a later showing until I caught it--- a nice (and funny) homage.

Damn those men in brown shirts.

Beren said:
...Later the army of UPS guys arrive. Bart: "Who thought guys in brown shirts could be this much trouble?" (LOL!! I wonder how many people get that...)...

Where they comparing UPS to a bunch of Nazis? :eek: :rotfl

The Ringer said:
Thanks for the link! This was hilarious and really liked how they have the fell beast!:D

yeah, that was funny. Out of nowhere a Fell Beast shows up :lol

Fritz said:
Where they comparing UPS to a bunch of Nazis? :eek: :rotfl

Well, when they come late from delivering my figures, I can see the resemblences :emperor :emperor

I for one loved that part of the episode. The overall episode in general was so-so, but that LoTR part was great. Thanks for the link DarKo.

If Bart had said "I can't believe guys in brown coats could be so organized" we could have had a nice shout out to J. Whedon's faithful...

Beren said:
Well, I think the humor is more about Bart having no idea about Nazis and making that statement... :rolleyes:

Beren

I was talking about the writers not Bart. :rolleyes:

It's possible Bart just finished watching Firefly and was referencing the Independents. :D

Back