Sideshow's plans for 1/6 scale droids (including Grievous)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkArtist81 said:
Damn Straight! I would pay up to 150 bucks for a Greivous.. especially a well done one. :D
SIDESHOW ARE YOU LISTENING???

Grievous! :ted

Grievous! :ccheerlea

Grievous! :taz

Grievous! :bunnydanc

Grievous! :elefant

Grievous! :banana

Grievous! :blissy

Grievous! :banghead

Grievous! :chew

Well, 3PO could get at least 3 different figures out of the same mold - AOTC, ROTS shiny, ANH dingy with silver leg; so that could definitely help the price some. They could possibly use parts of him to make other protocol droids like TC-14, K-3PO, Death Star Droid, etc., but how many people would be willing to pay $50+ to get those figures. Though they could be con exclusives or something.

R2 could have different accessory set-ups, but still at $50+, how many of different R2-D2s can they give us? And like 3PO, if they used parts to make other astromechs, who's paying?

The battle droids could be done, becuase you could have the regular white BD, blue pilot BD, red security BD, yellow Command BD (OOM-9), and Geonosian red BD, so that's 5 figures from the same mold.

I was thinking about Sideshow making a 12" Grievious today and was wondering how they'd handle the articulation, I think that would be the part that would make him most expensive.

Khev said:
If it meant the difference betweening getting a 1/6 Grievous or not at all I'd definitely be okay with sacrificing some articulation.

true, but most people only collect the 1/6 strictly because of size restraints and because they want the flexibility of how they are posed. i most definately would pay $150 for a nice 1/6 Grievous, because i cant afford the PF now and know for sure i wont be able to afford it down the road when the value raises its asking price. i say sideshow should go for it!!! bring on the droids!!!

Back