Sideshow's G.I. JOE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your obvioulsy a huge fan with your 5 posts.:rolleyes: Move along SS isn't for you then.

What, like the number of posts here counts? :rolleyes: Sorry, But I`ve got a real life too, so I don`t spend half my life online.

If SSC starts producing figures as good as Hot Toys, or even DiD, then that`s one thing but they haven`t produced a figure I`d pay 80 bucks for yet.

What, like the number of posts here counts? :rolleyes: Sorry, But I`ve got a real life too, so I don`t spend half my life online.

If SSC starts producing figures as good as Hot Toys, or even DiD, then that`s one thing but they haven`t produced a figure I`d pay 80 bucks for yet.

They also haven't ever charged $80 for a figure until this week.

They also haven't ever charged $80 for a figure until this week.

I never said they did. Only that they haven`t produced a figure worth 80 bucks.
You think they`re gonna` be WAY better than the figures they`re producing now? I sincerely doubt it...

Given the price point here is what I will buy:

Joes:

Duke
Flint
Scarlett
Snake Eyes (version one and two)
Shockwave
Covergirl
Torpedo
Wild Bill
Hawk (1986)
Stalker
Roadblock
Beachhead

Cobra:

Cobra Trooper
Cobra Officer
Destro
Baroness
Cobra Commander (version one and two)
Storm Shadow
Firefly
Wild Weasel
Zartan
Tomax
Xamot
Crimson Guard
Major Bludd
Serpentor

If they were cheap, I would get a lot more like Low Light, Barbecue, Lady Jaye, Stinger Driver (exclusive maybe?), Hiss Tank Driver, Rip It (exclusive?), etc. But, for the majority of the characters, I will get the 3 3/4 Hasbro versions.

I never said they did. Only that they haven`t produced a figure worth 80 bucks.
You think they`re gonna` be WAY better than the figures they`re producing now? I sincerely doubt it...

Yeah, I do. For one, these will be on a brand-new base body that will be more natural-looking, realistic and articulated.

God, I know. Why so negative people? And if they are to expensive for you, just don't buy them. Most people that are in this thread are excited for them and you guys are just bringing down the good news. And trashing these figures before even seeing them. What's up with that? Come on, it's SSC. Do you think that they are gonna be giving up crap.

God, I know. Why so negative people? And if they are to expensive for you, just don't buy them. Most people that are in this thread are excited for them and you guys are just bringing down the good news. And trashing these figures before even seeing them. What's up with that? Come on, it's SSC. Do you think that they are gonna be giving up crap.

They have before.

review_pamv_1.jpg

Like it or not, like all big companies...SSC is going to be raising prices across the board. Not only because of the chance of a new and more-expensive-to-manufacture body style (IF true) but also to compensate for license costs, higher production costs (from both their own staff, overseas factories and then shipping costs even down to the gas it costs to get that stuff from there to SSC warehouses). SSC is a lot bigger than they were when they even first got the Star Wars license with more staff and more licenses which means it's going to be costing EVERYONE more money to maintain it all...even the customers.

It's just the way the world works... :monkey1

That would be ol' Pam. One of the delights from The Friday the 13th line.

Like it or not, like all big companies...SSC is going to be raising prices across the board. Not only because of the chance of a new and more-expensive-to-manufacture body style (IF true) but also to compensate for license costs, higher production costs (from both their own staff, overseas factories and then shipping costs even down to the gas it costs to get that stuff from there to SSC warehouses). SSC is a lot bigger than they were when they even first got the Star Wars license with more staff and more licenses which means it's going to be costing EVERYONE more money to maintain it all...even the customers.

It's just the way the world works... :monkey1

Yeah, but if they keep raising the prices, they won't be maintaining customers. I think that is the point that everybody is trying to make. Like Robo Dad said in another thread, where else have you seen a 26% price increase in six months?

Back