Sideshow: Why do you use the wrong Harmonized Code?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe just accept that they're using the right code? The way they've explained it makes sense. 5% for one-of-a-kind art work and 20% for anything with a larger edition. You really can't compare factory paint work (though it technically may be applied by a person) with an artist making a one-of-a-kind piece. I'd say time to just accept that they've looked into it and have arrived at the correct answer. I live in Canada and pay similar duties for those items I cannot source locally (or if the exclusive is must have).

Well i've got no choice but to accept it if i want to keep collecting this stuff. You may be right on the sixth scale but statues are still 5% and i'm going to write to HMRC by snail mail when i have a chance and try get a written confirmation and post it here if possible. I'm busy moving so it might be a few weeks.

I also had no idea Canadians paid so much too :( Take Chicky's advice and write to the queen.

I think it's cool Sideshow give gift coupons to International collectors but i would love if they changed that to points, even a lower number. I understand why it's coupons so that they can sell some of the stuff that isn't selling while helping out International collectors but the choice is limited and for me anyway these end up going to waste. If they were points people could at least put them towards items they want but wouldn't otherwise buy.

It could be worse. I could be that guy from Argentina paying 90% tax.

Maybe just accept that they're using the right code? The way they've explained it makes sense. 5% for one-of-a-kind art work and 20% for anything with a larger edition. You really can't compare factory paint work (though it technically may be applied by a person) with an artist making a one-of-a-kind piece. I'd say time to just accept that they've looked into it and have arrived at the correct answer. I live in Canada and pay similar duties for those items I cannot source locally (or if the exclusive is must have).

We've got to accept it.

With the unrealistic price rises and 20% V.A.T this is a rich mans sport.
Think I've made my last ever order...
But I've got over 3,000 RP! :slap

With the unrealistic price rises and 20% V.A.T this is a rich mans sport.

Yep, I just had a break from it, I've been back a couple months, ordered the warrior LSB, wanting to order the big chap LSB when he eventually gets put up for order :dunno... said screw that to the stupidly priced P2 maquette that I wanted so much and I'm already remembering why I had that break. Time to call it a day soon at this rate I think. I think many are in the same boat.... it certainly wont be good for business in the long run. It has gotten to the point where I'd actually rather buy a one off kit/statue that a true artist has made, the prices aren't so far apart any more.

Yep, I feel your pain, guys, but I blame our respective governments for trying to stifle cross border sales. The premium for buying direct does make it difficult to swallow. Do your local retailers get charged the same VAT or do you get a break for buying locally? Here we will oftentimes pay SSC's MSRP + the equivalent of shipping, but not the duties, so long as we're buying from a local retailer. Not sure if the UK has a similar agreement with the States, though.

Yep, I feel your pain, guys, but I blame our respective governments for trying to stifle cross border sales. The premium for buying direct does make it difficult to swallow. Do your local retailers get charged the same VAT or do you get a break for buying locally? Here we will oftentimes pay SSC's MSRP + the equivalent of shipping, but not the duties, so long as we're buying from a local retailer. Not sure if the UK has a similar agreement with the States, though.

Buying local is slightly cheaper but, obviously, no Ex and receive them months later.

Just got a response from Fedex and they blame Sideshow :cuckoo

Thank you for your enquiry regarding Invoice xxxxxxxxx. Please accept our apologies for the delayed response.

By way of explanation, all goods entering the UK may be liable for import charges in accordance with HM Revenue & Customs regulations. FedEx’s terms and conditions are that the UK recipient will be invoiced for the UK Duty Tax charges unless the ‘Bill Shipper’ or ‘Bill 3rd Party’ options are selected on the International Air Waybill when requesting FedEx to ship the goods. As neither of these options were selected on this occasion, FedEx have invoiced you correctly.

We have checked your shippers website https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=95 which states that the VAT rate for these goods are at the standard VAT rate set for the UK.

We hope this answers your query and look forward to receiving payment shortly. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards
:

Racetrack- not sure where they are saying our fault? What it is explaining in first half is why you were charged any fees at all. It references the paperwork selection of 'bill client' instead if 'bill shipper' which is correct. You pay import fees not sideshow. The second part discusses that they have checked our help desk and description of the item and its correct for the charges.

Where are they 'blaming' sideshow?

I understand customs fees are frustrating. But we cannot miss mark items to cheat customs. We cant mark items as gifts, either. I do apologize about this but we do not control customs fees.

I will check other options for the international credits ie codes, rewards, etc.

And for the record: collectorCol did not post under false pretenses. He did it for 400 rewards.

Back