SIDESHOW WHAT HAVE YOU DONE..?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess if it is a real purchase instead of trying to hype it, the person had money to burn for it. Their choice to buy or not at that price.

captain sack said:
you act like sideshow is trying to punish ape fans for no reason. face it, the apes line tanked for sideshow. if it was a good seller, you'd see every figure who ever appeared in the films and TV shows, regardless of what new license they had.

this star wars 12 inch line is gonna be a huge seller. they sell 1250 lukes in 2 hours and can't even sell out 666 jason X figures in a few weeks.

I don't care if it tanked or not, I jsut hate to see my favorite line end. And I never accused SS as punishing ape fans. So go sit in a corner and take a chill pill and calm your temper before you are consumed buy the Dark Side of the force.

Darklord Dave said:
Ever heard the expression "cutting off your nose to spite your face?"

SSC would have LOVED to continue the PotA line, they are huge fans. But if they can only sell them to a few diehard fans it doesn't make sense to use resources in continuing the line.

I think you'll regret missing out of Star Wars 1/6 - it's sure to be their premiere line if Luke is any indication.

Oh, I think that since the first SS released Star Wars figure hit it proved to be a major success for SS. And I have spoken with Chris over emails and know that SS and he are huge Ape fans. But I do have to hang with Ironman as to I think the real flaw in the Ape line was SS released to many to soon. For instance, I have 4 of every one and that really taxed my wallet. Heck, I am still paying on them. And they released to many of the same figure. Four Taylors is a bit much. But I can't complain because I bought 4 of all 4 of them:banana

I hope SS does well on the Star Wars line but I am afraid to buy any. Their are now 6 films and that is a heck of a lot of figures. I am just curious if we see a 12inch New Hope Luke, Hew Hope Luke in Storm Trooper outfit, New Hope Luke in Honor uniform from the end of the film, Empire Luke in Hoth outfit, Empire Luke in X-Wing outfit, Empire Luke in Tan outfit, ect. I guess we will be lucky with Jedi since he wore that for the entire fim.:joy

Im going to limit myself to only the original trilogy characters( well try at least) Not that I dont like the prequels I do, theyre good entertainment, but the originals were always the finest in my eyes. Im going to only get one of each character, again ill try. I hope theyre not too good or else I'll want them!!!:google

I need to get the apes line! I plan on getting in the future, Astronaut Taylor, Dr Zaius, Cornelius and Zira only.

why did the line tank for Sideshow?

it failed because there was not enough interest in the line, plain and simple.
superfans like us are not a good indicator of the market.

it's apparent that a line like "POTA", regardless of how cool the figures are, just does not have mass appeal.

captain sack said:
it failed because there was not enough interest in the line, plain and simple.
superfans like us are not a good indicator of the market.

it's apparent that a line like "POTA", regardless of how cool the figures are, just does not have mass appeal.

No, I don't think it was that plain and simple. I really feel that if the line was issued a little more spread out and with a little more variety it may have done much better. How many other lines lasted roughly one year and had that many figures introduced? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for what we got and that SS are in the POTA fan base, but thats what I think caused its "hiatus" . And, let's face it, all the LOTR fans would be crying if the "new" announcement wasn't for them. I would've been glad to pick up some LOTR in 1:6 [which is what I hoped they would release].
Now you 2 boys both be quiet and sit in the corner.

<pssst, DZ, you can come and play in my corner....just bring your apes :) ]

...Someone should email Ebay and let them know that that auction's against their rules.... :sick

Yeah right and give back the listing fees and final value fees. eBay doesn't care as long as they get paid. Sure they cancel an auction here and there if someone complains but honestly, I don't think they could care less.

They are not like all you wonderful people at Sideshow. :D ;)

Ebay could not care less.

Fritz said:
Yeah right and give back the listing fees and final value fees. eBay doesn't care as long as they get paid. Sure they cancel an auction here and there if someone complains but honestly, I don't think they could care less.

They are not like all you wonderful people at Sideshow. :D ;)

Fritz is right, Ebay could not care less... Did I ever tell you people about that Attakus Boba Fett I bought on Ebay, and I received it damaged? It was clear to see that the damage didn't happen during shipping, so the seller knew exactly he was cheating me. Did Ebay move? Not until now. Oh, sorry, yes they did: they sent me a mail telling me that they were 'looking into this matter'. That was more than half a year ago... Meanwhile that deceiver can go and mind his business on Ebay. I'm sure you know what the average price on a Attakus Boba Fett is, so we are not talking peanuts here. It's like Fritz said, Ebay could not care less. As long as the majority of buyers/sellers on Ebay is happy, Ebay tolerates the few that abuse their platform.

As someone who considered the POTA line, I know I passed because the different versions of Taylor came too fast and furious, and it was a heck of a lot of apes in a very short period, when I was already sending every other paycheck to Sideshow to close out Lord of the Rings polystone. I picked up Luke because I love Star Wars, and I read during that chat that Sideshow only plans on issuing nine other figures throughout 2006. This seems much more managable and hopefully spread out. I also hope Sideshow continues with their current licenses though. I think that Modern Horror, Buffy, Universal Monsters, and others like Apes should continue, but I can certainly see why they might slow down. It seems like all of the major characters have been produced, and the hardcore collectors are a minority market. It took Darla forever to sell out, given the quantity, and the recent Jason figures hung around forever too... It's only natural that some of these lines slow down.

So if I understand it right Sideshow should require us to sign a written agreement that we will not resale their product that it will only be used for display purposes only. And at any time Sideshow has the right to cancel your order due to misuse of that order and at anytime if Sideshow needs said product back it will be returned in "new" condition else face strong legal action. With a max prison time of 5 years.

Back