Statue Sideshow/Weta Ringwraith on Steed Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread within the first few pages and didn't want to necropost something really old. Got this today off of ebay. Snagged it for $395 shipped, which I thought was a pretty solid deal. I had to remove the front foot peg because it was just too off for me to fix through methods that we used to use. As you can see it does lay flat on the base just fine and has the back pegs for support. It's nice to bring this back into the collection.

IMG_9186 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_9187 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_9199 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_9218 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_9224 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_9234 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_9254 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_9258 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

IMG_9296 by Elessar_TORn, on Flickr

One of my favourite Weta LOTR pc. Congrats on snagging 1 back. Its value has dropped drastically due to recast and SS's premium format. Nevertheless a great piece :)

Yeah, it's always been one of my faves as well. Thanks! I got a really good deal on it I think. It's staying around that $500-600 area, which has always seemed to be where this one was at. I got it for $395 shipped because if a small issue with the base, which I was able to fix and you can't tell the difference at all. Agrees! :rock

This will always be one of my favorite statues to look at. I dont have room in my collection for one, but it is a work of art. Nice haul!!!

Agreed, this is one of the best Lord of the Rings statues period. If I wasn't a 1/4 PF snob I would still have this one. If the Dark Rider PF had this pose, it would be perfect.

This will always be one of my favorite statues to look at. I dont have room in my collection for one, but it is a work of art. Nice haul!!!

Thank ya. It is really as frank said one of the best LOTR piece ever produced. It is a timeless piece IMO.

Agreed, this is one of the best Lord of the Rings statues period. If I wasn't a 1/4 PF snob I would still have this one. If the Dark Rider PF had this pose, it would be perfect.

I agree. It's one of the best and if the PF had this pose I think it would be in even higher demand.

Just bought this masterpiece on ebay today also, can't wait to finally get my hands on it.

350 Euro shipped, think that's also not a bad price ;)

Just bought this masterpiece on ebay today also, can't wait to finally get my hands on it.

350 Euro shipped, think that's also not a bad price ;)

What an amazing price for an amazing work of art. It's been one of my very favourite pieces for many years now. Congratulations!

I'd say it's not a recast, I already bought the Shelob spider from the same seller and it was legit.

That is a great piece, and price. I'd love it Weta were to do 9 individual pieces that could link up to form one display.
Ambitious but I'd quit everything else for something like that.

Back