Sideshow to distribute Mezco

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they look pretty cool . would go great with the wolfman and frankenstein pozers. i would probably go after them if i had the space and money. But why is sideshow no longer making horror pieces . they just distribute them. i want a creature from the black lagoon pozer or premium formatt

I wish Sideshow would make more 1/6 scale horror stuff, and move away from stuff they already did. Like maybe make a Tallman or something.

Does this mean that Mezco is going to stop selling it's own items online? I mean, they still have a website that you can order from.

You have got to be kidding me. Does Sideshow have any idea who their target audience is? I can't believe there are enough people out there wanting this type of item that Sideshow feels the need to become a distributor. This is junk, IMO. I want to see more Sideshow product and less distributor product.

SSC is positioning themselves to offer manufacturers an alternative to Diamond for distribution. Diamond has had a strangehold on the industry for a long time and I'm sure SSC is offering some better deals. I wouldn't be surprised if we see NECA and McF move over to SSC too.

The one line I thought Mezco did a really good job with was Hellboy. Both the comic and movie figures had great sculpts. I have both 18" Hellboys and a few of the 6" figures. With Hellboy 2 coming, seeing them distributed through SS doesn't seem bad to me.

Both HB series rocked! Personally, i don't see why someone would be upset that SS is distributing anything... If they decided to sell Play-Dough and De-Icer and Teflon Cookware it wouldn't matter to me at all as long as they keep making the stuff i like :)

yeah I have no problem with SS distributing other company's product.

The more product they sell the better IMO, even if its not to my liking.
The products I collect are mostly horror & UniMonsters. I know that those arent huge sellers when compared to the numbers Marvel, SW & LOTR bring in. So if SS can bring in more $$$ just by distrubuting other's product have at it. Id like to think that extra $$ is helping keep some of the less popular lines alive that might otherwise die off.

and since that other product is using the time of other sculptors and not tying up SS's. no problem

I actually like the horror stuff and will be adding it to my collection. It's unique, looks really badass, and I like it.

We'll get PF's, no worries. Just gotta be patient.

You have got to be kidding me. Does Sideshow have any idea who their target audience is? I can't believe there are enough people out there wanting this type of item that Sideshow feels the need to become a distributor. This is junk, IMO. I want to see more Sideshow product and less distributor product.

I really don't like calling it junk, different people like different things, because something isn't a high end collectible doesn't mean it's junk, I personally don't have much interest in these items but hey, someone else may. I'm sure someone who buys that stuff wouldn't like a lot of things I own...

I ordered the Jason and Freddie, they are unusual and I am going to reenact the movie with them. The price is reasonable as well.

Back