Sideshow, the forearm length really needs to be addressed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there's anyone out there that disagrees that the arms are too long. I think some people may be taken aback a bit by how dissatisfaction with that fact is expressed.

As I've mentioned on other threads, the small body has been used before and long arms weren't as noticeable. I think a lot of that has to do with how form-fitting Luke's jumpsuit is.

I'm just surprised people are making such a huge issue out of it. If you keep it in prespective, I think it's a relatively minor flaw on a stellar figure.

Not that I have any problem with anyone complaining about it, or defending Sideshow in spite of it, mind you. Snipe away, guys.

It's just not the most pleasant of conversations to drop in on, that's all.

For the record, that is not my Luke on 'fruity' table cloth.:lol I borrowed the pic from Rebelscum, but I do think it does a good job highlighting the basic proportion problems with the body.

It is true that the arm length issue has been mentioned a few times in other threads. But considering that the Luke Shipping thread has reached over 800 posts, I figured it would be easier to place this topic in it's own thread for sake of accessibility and exposure. As much as we may feel obliged to reading every reply to every thread, I'm sure Sideshow reps might have to be a lot more discriminatory with their reading.

Agent, you are right that they don't owe us anything as long as they make a sale. But that doesn't mean we can't give them feedback on what we would like to see improved. If they are just as passionate about making these figures as we are about purchasing them, then I am sure they are just as keen on improving their products as well.

So Dave, you know for a fact that Sideshow is aware of the issue? That's great if true. But I figured if they had known about it, the forearms would have never been designed that way in the first place. Maybe there is a design constraint that we aren't aware of?

Luke is my very first SS product. I like him. I sooo like this figure, in fact, I have found ONE thing that Hasbro did betther than SS.......they released more product in a line at one time!!! Im so hooked that I cant stand it to wait for the rest of the figures, though Im reassured by some long time SSFreaks that the schedule will pickup and Ill have product raining from the mail trucks.

2cents:
The arms are long, hilariously so. It would be nice to get a fix on it, but I distinctly remember in a SSpodcast them saying that the bodies were NOT going to be changed b/c of cost reasons. I sure hope they reconsider, but not at the risk of passing that cost to me. So, in that light, I can live with it. Though I say, VIVA LA REVOLUTION FOR SHORTER ARMS...just hope we dont pay for it in the end! I dont want a Bespin Luke for $70 smacks:horror

This is a perfect example of what SS Luke looks with short arms!!! It looks so much better. I think I may have to customize. I found this picture on toysdaily.com. Also, look at the repaint. It just goes to show you how great the sculpt really is. I wish I had talent like this. Great custom of a great figure!!

Cheers,

Brad

drbrad1975 said:
This is a perfect example of what SS Luke looks with short arms!!! It looks so much better. I think I may have to customize. I found this picture on toysdaily.com. Also, look at the repaint. It just goes to show you how great the sculpt really is. I wish I had talent like this. Great custom of a great figure!!

Cheers,

Brad

The eyes and hair are more accurate but of course, this is a custom paint job....which will always be better than mass produces figures

THE eyes are amazing.....

IMG_7619.jpg

Shaihulud said:
THE eyes are amazing.....

IMG_7619.jpg

Yeah, they are....drool. Great job on the eyes. Yes, I agree that a custom paint job in the right hands will always be nicer. I was just pointing out that Matt Falls really did a wondeful job on the sculpt and that some of that was lost in the process. However, SS's Luke is still a great production figure. I still like the shorter arms though. When someone develops an easy recipe for customizing this issue, I will be all over it.

Cheers,

Brad

Wow!
Oh Wow!
Wow WOW!

I LOVE IT!

How on EARTH did you find that site? & better yet, how'd anyone find those Luke pics IN that site?

Did they say HOW they got the shorter arms? (Used a Dragon body, chopped the sidehow arms, etc?)

Thanks for sharing! VERY NICE!

*edit*
Wait! Is that even a sideshow body? Are those sideshow hands?

*ss*

SS,

I just frequent that site from time to time when I have some down time. I love looking at custom figures, which that site posts pictures of all the time. I can't read the site so I don't know how that customizer did his custom. However, I would love to find out.....

Cheers,

Brad

Do you guys think that maybe Luke has the surprised look because the white dots are a little too prominent? It seems they are downplayed in the custom version.

Here's what the guy did to get this Luke to look the way it does.
DUH! It's SOO obvious! :lol
? True... The book 來 對 於sideshow這 luke 沒 甚 interest, 但 經 it passes, the judgement language after after many friend buying Ryo... Self 也 resistance it receives and non- residence, the 於 right engaging in buying Ryo time 來, 但 覺 surface Aibara 來 做 extraordinary God is similar, merely right eye over tone harmony eye pupil 繪 畫 實 resident in thickly 淺 color harmony thickly the large ability derived reaching possession 點 image Satoshi obstacle 樣 child, the body design 也 thickly difference and the derived reaching body material thickly the partial thickly shortly 且 hand is thick length.....

Leaving watching watching with respect to 於 right bundle hottoy come out new body exchanging.. The 竟 way possession it is young 兩 the generality and most our surprise figure 訝 mark right, ignorance some time leaving ratio happening medicom 那 good above with respect to watching.... Of course body shape, proportion and high-level harmony 擺 happening pose 來 the mark impression 覺 capital emergency satisfactory

Times multi Ryo under the resident in 畫 eye pupil direction 也 點 Isao... The surface decrease Ryo shadow, merely heavily, counter 而 note such as new geyser passing basic layer next harmony surface color and head 髮 it is heavy resident in eye pupil drawing 繪... Pupil? Mark detail 也 畫 peacetime such as Ryo and eye eyelash 沒 thickly carefulness 做 mark times capital 做 Ryo.... Business Ryo good semi- heaven time? .... 但 效 fruit self extraordinary 滿mind.....

Shoes 也 exchanging Ryo skin.. Impression 覺 更 good?
stupid translator!:rotfl

I see that he mentions something about hot toys body though... hmmmm.

*ss*

I'm fine with the arms really, I mean.... yeah, they are a little long.. But, all in all I am super happy with the new Luke. I've put up with a lot of sub par Star Wars stuff in my day, but some long forearms are really small gripes when you look at it.

I think that the Short male body is pretty underused, not really being utilized for that many important pieces in SSC history. So maybe they only shortened the torso and legs, using the same length arms from the regular body. Never before was it really addressed, so it was never noticed. This figure changed that. Maybe now they will just make shorter arms and make it easier for the next short character. But, who knows?

To me it is a very minor thing, nothing to make a fuss about. And I am sure that SSC knows about it now. So I'd expect something to be done about it in the future. If not... no big deal.

Just my opinion...:rolleyes:

Does Hot Toys have an "SDU "Stone" version 3.0 body" figure?

If so, that's what was apparntly used in the Luke above.

*ss*

Super Serg said:
Does Hot Toys have an "SDU "Stone" version 3.0 body" figure?

If so, that's what was apparntly used in the Luke above.

*ss*

Pardon my ignorance...but what is this body and why did you pick this one?

Brad

I think it's really the "image Satoshi obstacle" that makes all the difference in this modded figure.

Back