Sideshow The Dude 1/6 Scale Figure - The Big Lebowski

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect the license does not extend to Pendleton for the design of the Westerley (the cardigan/sweater for those that don't know), which is a bummer.
Oh.. I get it now.
They left a loophole for collectors to paint the missing parts of the ornament too. It’s clever way around it, but Im reluctant to pay 200+ for a DIY project. Hopefully, there will be some accessories to compensate for this.

The neck looks strange for some reason? I expect those clear sandals to turn a yellow color eventually.
As I recall those original jellies faded also. This may be one of those figures that look better as parts age, adding to the disheveled look.

I suspect the license does not extend to Pendleton for the design of the Westerley (the cardigan/sweater for those that don't know), which is a bummer.
Should have put him in the robe then…Likeness can be forgiven, I guess, but screen accurate patterns and colors are the bare minimum for a 1/6 scale figure.
It’s not a 3.75 inch figure from Kenner from the early eighties where you overlook stuff like that.

Should have put him in the robe then…Likeness can be forgiven, I guess, but screen accurate patterns and colors are the bare minimum for a 1/6 scale figure.
It’s not a 3.75 inch figure from Kenner from the early eighties where you overlook stuff like that.

I'm the opposite. Likeness is absolutely key and I generally won't buy a figure with a bad likeness. 99% of people, including me, would never notice or care about the pattern difference in a sweater if they see it on my shelf.

I'm the opposite. Likeness is absolutely key and I generally won't buy a figure with a bad likeness. 99% of people, including me, would never notice or care about the pattern difference in a sweater if they see it on my shelf.
Are you hip to the fact that vinyl figure did it better? well.. that’s like your opinion maaan

Attachments

• 8950ABAC-B3D2-4EB5-8DCF-C7631E1562CF.jpeg
    8950ABAC-B3D2-4EB5-8DCF-C7631E1562CF.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 46
I don’t mind the minor difference from the real Pendleton. It almost seems close enough to still be a copyright infringement. I would however have preferred the purple Tee and Aztec pants to the white tee and solid jogging pants.

Pre-order starts today according to that Nerdist article. But the day is growing short. Any idea when the window opens?

I think the head is sitting too high. The thin neck makes him look too thin. Drop the head a little and I think it changes the look.

Attachments

• 20210701_175747.jpg
    20210701_175747.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 123
Are you hip to the fact that vinyl figure did it better? well.. that’s like your opinion ma
I think my point may have been unclear.
likeness is the most important thing to me and I won’t buy a figure with a bad one.
By forgiveness I am referring to understanding why a company fails to get a likeness right. It’s hard in some cases.
I don’t always remember the costume details but there is no excuse for those not being 100% screen accurate, there are, however, reasonable excuses for Jeff Bridge’s face not being 100% screen accurate.

Back