Sideshow The Dude 1/6 Scale Figure - The Big Lebowski

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knowing Sideshow we could be waiting months before they actually reveal the figure.

RSVP doesn't bode well for an early reveal. I doubt this will get many RSVPs... which might just indicate to SS to move on to something else. Hope this isn't like some of their other figures that disappeared... or that took many years to finally come to fruition.

I can't remember the last Sideshow figure I bought. Maybe C-3PO.

The last human character I got from them might have been SS Commander Cody whenever that was.
I can count the number of Sideshow figures I have on one hand. R2-D2 deluxe, R5-D4, C3PO, Jawa two pack, and the Scout Trooper.

While I'm sure this won't compare to the customs out there, I'm still looking forward to what they come up with. Though I'm definitely expecting a barebones figure with a ~$250 price tag

Just watched the movie. Showed it to my girlfriend for the first time. In terms of accessories maybe the pager and bag phone could be included.

Oh, I expect the likeness to be caricature.

Plus, beards never look great. And it will be hard to capture Lebowski's unkempt, disheveled look.

It’s always hard to see the disparity between what sideshow wants to make and what the end product turns out like.
There have been nice surprises in the past, but this one will be a really hard one for them to pull off. Alarm bells are already ringing, lol.

Sideshow is hit or miss on most things but there costumes seem to be pretty good most of the time. At least in my experience.

To their credit, Sideshow is being pretty transparent that this will not be a line of figures. It does not say Big Lebowski anywhere it literally just says The Dude. Don?t think they could be clearer that this is definitely a one off figure...which I am actually completely fine with. Love the movie but The Dude is plenty.

I don't think anyone is expecting a line, but the email shown above literally has The Big Lebowski logo on the bottom right of The Dude pic and also says The Big Lebowski in the text.

This really seems like a license that would've been perfect for Blitzway to do.

Im curious to see how this turns out. I havent bought a SS figure since Plissken. If they get him right I would consider this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone is expecting a line, but the email shown above literally has The Big Lebowski logo on the bottom right of The Dude pic and also says The Big Lebowski in the text.

In microscopic fine print...I mean the character is from a movie called The Big Lebowski so I really don?t think that they could get away without a slight mention somewhere...but it is CLEARLY being marketed as a ?Dude? figure and not a ?Big Lebowski? first in a line figure.

In microscopic fine print...I mean the character is from a movie called The Big Lebowski so I really don?t think that they could get away without a slight mention somewhere...but it is CLEARLY being marketed as a ?Dude? figure and not a ?Big Lebowski? first in a line figure.

Again, no ones expecting a line of figures, but you're clearly wrong. I mean come on, the movie logo the same size as the Sideshow logo.

And again, in the text of the description it says The Big Lebowski in the same big font. You either are clearly trolling or just didn't bother to look at the photo.

Again, no ones expecting a line of figures, but you're clearly wrong. I mean come on, the movie logo the same size as the Sideshow logo.

And again, in the text of the description it says The Big Lebowski in the same big font. You either are clearly trolling or just didn't bother to look at the photo.

Not trolling...but you really need this one don?t you? Let it go and move on. You?ll get a much better night?s sleep.

I?m going to wait for the reveal before I get excited. As mentioned earlier, their Beetlejuice was a total fustercluck. I have never hated a head sculpt, but that one made me angry. I passed on Jack Burton and I sold off Ash because he just didn?t quite look right.
Anyway, let?s see what goofy expression they give him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back