Sideshow, the company with a heart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Undertaker

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello all,

like to share this with you, i also posted this on the Dutch Statue-forum :www.collectiblez.nl
And because of the great responces i would like to share this with all SSW collectors...
In an earlier thread i told you about how Peter(Lasher33) arranged a Rohirrim Bust for me.

Well , please read the following and all will become clear....

The following letter i wrote to Sideshow:

Hello,
First i would like to say that i do not know where to send this e-mail in your company, but i would really like Sideshow to hear my story..
Let me introduce myself,
my name is *************, i started to collect the Sideshow/Weta lord of the rings statue's and busts just a couple of months ago after seeing the morgul lord statue at a retail store here in Holland and fell in love with it so more quickly followed.
Because of the late start in collecting from my part, a lot of collectibles were no longer available in retail, so i had to look on the secondary market.
On a collectibles forum i stumbled across a fellow collector named Peter ******** who sold on his double statues for normal reasonable prices.
This is where my story starts...
My parents arranged a meeting with him to look at the statues and perhaps buy them at his home.
They had a very warm welcome and were treated like old friends,..
Peter showed them his own private collection and were stunned, not only by the incredible beuatifull statue's and other magnificent collectablez, but most of all his kindness.
They got talking for hours, and because we do not have a credit-card we do not have the possibillity to order direct from sideshow, so Peter in his kindness gave my parents a Sideshow key-chain an a Collect for life bracelet along with two of your catalogues, reason being was most of all the fact that in their conversation the subject "collect for life"-bracelet turned up and a dear friend of Peter suffers from cancer.
And my parents told Peter that their oldest son (which is me) suffered from cancer also, i had the exact same form like Armstrong did...
After talking and hearing the story,Peter had no hasitation, and gave all those things to my parents so they could pass it on to me...
All this allone was incredible and so very nice from a "stranger"who just happened to be a fellow-collector.
But the story has a follow up, one i cannot believe until this day...
A couple of weeks later, i got an e-mail from Peter,in which he asked for my and my parents adress, he would not tell me why, for it had to be a surprise...
About a week or two later the doorbell rang...
A package? for us? From the States? We did not order anything! We cannot order because of the lack of owning a credit-card!
Our curiousity won so we opened the package...
We could not believe our eyes...
In the box were a brand new catalogue a collect for life wristband and...A HOODED ROHIRRIM BUST!!!
On the shipping form we could see Peter arranged this for us, and had send the Bust to our adress and the bill to his own adress.
We were stunned...we contacted Peter and he just replied that this was no big deal and was a natural thing to do...He did not wan't for us to pay for it either!!
We were struck by such kindness an good from this man as you can imagine.
I just wanted to let you know this for it is because of your collectables we met this man and had such a great life-lesson experience for good people exist.
If you would be so kind, could you please do something with this story, because my words of graditude to Peter comes short...
This is the personal information about Peter :
Peter
E-mail: *******
It would mean a lot to me...maby just an e-mail to him would make me very happy...
Thank you for reading my story in advance..
Sincerely,

About ten days later i got the following responce:

Thank you for your e-mail to our Customer Service Department and
for sharing your story with us. It always is nice to hear about the good
things that people do for each other!
Sideshow Collectibles, of course, will make sure Peter receives something
for his unselfish gesture! Also, you should expect to receive a gift from us
as well.
We have been donating a portion of our web site sales to the Lance Armstrong
Cancer Foundation. We decided to do this because of our many friends and
family members who have been touched by this disease and for those who are
currently battling it.
We will include you in our prayers.

Best regards,
Robin Ferguson
VP E-Commerce
Sideshow Collectibles
733 Lakefield Rd., Unit B,
Westlake Village, CA 91361 USA

A couple of days ago, both Peter and i recieved a King Elessar statue!!!

Sideshow, a company with a real human heart rather then just a financial one in my opinion!!!
I still can't believe they did this!!

Thanks for reading this long story all...

Last edited:
I am foremost glad to hear that things appear to be on the mend for you, and was delighted to read your story. :D

Great story Undertaker. That tugged at my heart and brought tears to my eyes...seriously. Thanks for posting it and three cheers both to Peter and to Sideshow for being so gracious and generous.:clap :clap :clap

Last edited:
Thats nice to hear.
Peter is a 'genuine' fellow.

I was also helped by Sideshow when a greedy merchant put up the price of a statue I had ordered for retail, Chicky came thru and got me an Elessar statue so I didn't have to pay $500. The statue sits proudly in my bedroom.

That's so nice of both you, Peter and SS!
Great story, thanks for sharing!!

Thank you for sharing that wonderful story. It truly brought tears to my eyes as well and it's nice to know that there are such wonderful, giving people in the world. I hope you are doing better and that you have a complete recovery. And Peter, if you're a member, bless you for being the wonderful soul that you are!

That is a great story. I too would like to thank Peter for his kindness and above and beyond duty of being a great fellow collector. Congrats to both of you on the King statue, a very nice gift from Sideshow. I've said it before, but who cares, Sideshow is without a doubt the best company period. Their customer service cannot be matched!

WOW. what a story! The kindness and generosity Peter displayed was truly warming. Cheers to Peter and sideshow also!

Sam : Those were the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now.

Sam: Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turnin' back, only they didn't. They kept goin', because they were holdin' on to somethin'.

Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fightin' for.

:banana :banana :banana

gtb said:
Sam : Those were the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now.

Sam: Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turnin' back, only they didn't. They kept goin', because they were holdin' on to somethin'.

Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fightin' for.

:banana :banana :banana

GTB, I couldn't say it any better!

Thanks for sharing that, sometimes when I start to lose faith in the human race there is always a story here or a blurb there about just how great people can be. This certainly came at the right time for me. Cheers to you, Peter, and Sideshow!:ccheerlea

Thanks for sharing indeed.............especially in troubled times like these,
it's good to hear some positive, happy stories.
Van harte beterschap en hopelijk vind je nog veel van je favoriete beeldjes,
groetjes........uit Sydney.

fantastic and touching story. this is the sideshow and peter we all know. both of them didnt have to do what they did but they chose to do so... so here's

3 cheers for the both of them....

hip hip HOORAY!

hip hip HOORAY!

hip hip HOORAY! :banana

There are good people in this world.....and yes Peter
is one of the old timers on this forum.....always very
helpful.

Life is good.

Great Story but I am not surprised as
Peter has Always been "The Man"...

Back