Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that much needed laugh...."maybe my last Eastwood figure?" Suuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrreee.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Hey I left the door open for High plains drifter or kelly!! :lol

I wouldn't mind Sideshow dipping into other Legacy collections either if they could maintain this quality. Maybe im dreaming, but I could see something like a Steve McQueen lineup doing pretty well.

An army of many my friend.

How is the 1860 looking?

I've tried it in his belt and it's still looking ginormous.

Having an 1860 that's even bigger that the Walkers means it's not fit for purpose.

The Walker was notable for its size and weight. It was even longer and heavier than the Colt Dragoon, which had also been designed as a saddle-mounted revolver. They're Josey's standout weapons, and shouldn't be overshadowed by his smaller, secondary revolver.

The only way I could put it to use is as a holster stuffer. Partially concealed in this open ended holster I made a while back, it could pass for a Walker if not inspected too closely:

IMG_1481.JPG

I could give it to another figure, possibly one of the upcoming Civil War soldiers.

Sideshow likely dropped the ball because they added the 1860 at a late stage, and therefore failed to research it properly.

Could be my last figure, time shall tell.

:(

I've tried it in his belt and it's still looking ginormous.

Having an 1860 that's even bigger that the Walkers means it's not fit for purpose.

The Walker was notable for its size and weight. It was even longer and heavier than the Colt Dragoon, which had also been designed as a saddle-mounted revolver. They're Josey's standout weapons, and shouldn't be overshadowed by his smaller, secondary revolver.

The only way I could put it to use is as a holster stuffer. Partially concealed in this open ended holster I made a while back, it could pass for a Walker if not inspected too closely:

View attachment 678055

I could give it to another figure, possibly one of the upcoming Civil War soldiers.

Sideshow likely dropped the ball because they added the 1860 at a late stage, and therefore failed to research it properly.

:(
It is a shame about the 1860 revolver, Josey needs it tucked in the belt. When SS stepped up and included the 1860 we were pleasantly surprised. To SS, Can you fix this error? Mr Eastwood might say " I reckon so"

Do I feel lucky? Yes I do.

I wouldn't mind Sideshow dipping into other Legacy collections either if they could maintain this quality. Maybe im dreaming, but I could see something like a Steve McQueen lineup doing pretty well.
I have a dream.....Once Upon A Time In The West... Sergio Leone Legacy Collection. Infinite Statue/ Kaustic Plastik may pursue such a collection.

When they keep improving like this, it's hard to pass them up.
The improvements make me sad for Blondie. He's by far the worst sculpt of the bunch; well until Munny comes out if not improved. I'm all in on this line, but Blondie is my favorite. Hopefully, they do another from the Dollar trilogy. Then I can get a parted out sculpt, if improved.

I did orderJosey Wales last night watched a sideshow video and this pose sold me. I love figure photography and he’s the making of a great shoot. This might be my only Clint piece but that sculpt in hand has the undoubtedly best likeness.

Attachments

• IMG_4166.png
    IMG_4166.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
There was one other thing that looked off, but I forgot about it once I started looking at the figure himself.

It's that the Colt Army 1860 appeared to be enormous, and is actually longer than the Walkers.

The 1860 in real life is 355.6mm long (14"). Sideshow's is 68mm long: i.e., 408mm / 16". (Damn! What happened, Sideshow?)

On the other hand the Walkers are 66mm and are pretty much spot on converted to 396mm. (A real Walker is 390mm).

Half of the problem comes from the barrel length. Sideshow made them both 38mm (i.e., 228mm / 9").

The Walker's barrel is 230mm long, so again spot on.

The standard 1860 barrel length is 203.2mm / 8".

It's a shame because the mould and paint are good, but it's nearer to 1/5 scale in terms of length and looks ridiculous pushed into his belt. :(
1860 back up 62mm.. Microsixgun.

Attachments

• 20231213_174742.jpg
    20231213_174742.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What's the general consensus on which of these SS "Clints" is the best one? Tempted by the Preacher to represent Mr Eastwood in my collection:)
Sorry getting back to you all late . Anyhow in my opinion between Josey and the Preacher , you can't go wrong with either! I think the Preacher has the slightly better tailoring but Josey has it beat with more accessories . Preacher should have included an ax handle and dynamite . Likeness wise I would say they are dead even . I am a little more partial to the preacher since it is the first Clint western I had ever seen in the theatre at age 14. Which ever one you go with your are getting an overall excellent figure.

These are two of Sideshow best , up there with the Theed Hanger Maul , Dengar , Snow Trooper Commander , TOD Indiana Jones and the Dude!

I've been waiting for someone to make a 1/6 Josey Wales for YEARS! I was so tempted at one time to pursue a custom and I'm glad I didn't. Sideshow to the rescue! Some people say Sideshow's no good with human characters...You know what I say? "I say that big talk's worth doodly squat". ;)

I finally got me the Josey Wales. Mr. Chained Blue Lightning Hisself...

I've been waiting for someone to make a 1/6 Josey Wales for YEARS! I was so tempted at one time to pursue a custom and I'm glad I didn't. Sideshow to the rescue! Some people say Sideshow's no good with human characters...You know what I say? "I say that big talk's worth doodly squat". ;)

One figure, perhaps two, doesn't make a company. I'll give them credit for their successes, but as a whole they really do suck at human sculpts.

That's what I figured.

Battlegear Toys Colt 1860 revolver 59mm which makes it just about right, however it has a screw in centre of stock grip which could be removed if necessary. I may just settle for this and whistle dixie.

Attachments

• 20231214_140137.jpg
    20231214_140137.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mine is out for delivery today. Hopefully it is as good as the recent photos have shown it to be. I've been a long time Eastwood fan, and kind of lost interest in a lot of things as of late. Maybe, hopefully, this will bring some happiness back into my life. Sad as that sounds. Any who. Part of me wishes I could be as strong as fictional loners like so many of Eastwood's roles.

Mine is out for delivery today. Hopefully it is as good as the recent photos have shown it to be. I've been a long time Eastwood fan, and kind of lost interest in a lot of things as of late. Maybe, hopefully, this will bring some happiness back into my life. Sad as that sounds. Any who. Part of me wishes I could be as strong as fictional loners like so many of Eastwood's roles.
I believe I understand. A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Battlegear Toys Colt 1860 revolver 59mm which makes it just about right, however it has a screw in centre of stock grip which could be removed if necessary. I may just settle for this and whistle dixie.

Perfect scale, but the cylinder looks a bit small.

The Micro Six Guns version is a little too long, but I'm more inclined to go for it if it looks like this in hand:

C_4.jpg

Three options, but none of them perfect in all regards. :unsure:

Josey is now eligible for use with one of those $25 off codes that Sideshow gives out when you register for a giveaway.

Can't believe I'm on here, it's been years since I've logged in lol. I was on here on a daily back when it was called the Sideshow Freaks Forum...then things started to get weird. Anyways, was able to reset my password, and here I am! I'm super pumped with getting Josey. Unfortunately, I'm quite sure we'll never see the Stranger from High Plains Drifter....'cause of the rape scene. At least I have the Redman Toys one, but good god, 'what a piece of junk' lol. Definitely need to find a taller neck-less body, so at least it's in-scale (and not a 5'9" Eastwood), but have no idea which body I need to get that will match the Sideshow Eastwood figures.

Back