Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a little modding of the hat and the PT looks better than the SS i think!

Attachments

• IMG_20231007_155429.jpg
    IMG_20231007_155429.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231007_155641.jpg
    IMG_20231007_155641.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231007_155648.jpg
    IMG_20231007_155648.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231007_155652.jpg
    IMG_20231007_155652.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
The head sculpt is definitely better. The overall presentation is not, however. He's stumpy. Aside from the issue of it being a sculpted neck not really sure how well that head would look with the SS outfit. The hats on all these knock-offs drive me nuts. They sit way too high. These new versions seem like they got smaller too.

I don’t think anyone with the Present Toys version has been anything but realistic in this thread about the fact that there are deficiencies, we’re all just excited to share our Blondies since there’s no thread for the PT! If you don’t care for it, just be glad you got yourself the “real” one! While I think some of the criticism of the Present Toys sculpt(s) is a bit hyperbolic, it definitely has issues. All that matters is what we’re happy with in our own collections.

The proportions and tailoring are 100% better on the SS version, rest assured. You can tell who it is by the silhouette alone, and that’s an awesome achievement by SS. Present Toys products from my experience should almost exclusively be seen as starter kits to then mix and match, and at a $120 price difference that works for me. Everyone prioritizes different elements of these figures, part of the fun of the hobby! For myself, disliking the painted neckbeard body, the face, and then seeing so many talk about having to tilt the head down to be happy with their purchase in-hand, I personally was not prepared to pay that premium for the clothes, especially if I can pick up loose bits along the way.

Warning: Present Toys pictures ahead!

A6DEC96E-5140-431C-85A7-06A3461CC8DE.jpeg

EBE97F48-ADB9-4624-9AA1-369549134C1E.jpeg

Last edited:
Most definitely enjoy what you collect. I don't think anything in this thread has been meant to diminish your enjoyment of the figure. It's a discussion board and well....we discuss. Like in the Eternal Penguin thread. Some people are doing some nice work on a very lacking release. As a buyer you either take into consideration or not what was said, then decide is it a good purchase or not. Same here. This is coming from someone who owns the Redman versions, a figure just as frumpy as the Present Toys. As a collector I like input from others; whether I agree or not. Ultimately I make the decisions. For example, knowing that if you decide to use a taller body those pants don't fit or that the rig is the wrong color.

Shotgun in diecast by Kaustic Plastik just in case Sideshow do not include the essential accessory.

Attachments

• 20231009_134550.jpg
    20231009_134550.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Ned's Spencer Carbine too in diecast by Andrea Miniatures.
Battlegear Toys do the shotgun and Spencer Carbine in plastic but equally well done. Looking forward to getting a closer look at Sideshows 1858 Starr revolver.

Attachments

• 20231009_135614.jpg
    20231009_135614.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I don’t think anyone with the Present Toys version has been anything but realistic in this thread about the fact that there are deficiencies, we’re all just excited to share our Blondies since there’s no thread for the PT! If you don’t care for it, just be glad you got yourself the “real” one! While I think some of the criticism of the Present Toys sculpt(s) is a bit hyperbolic, it definitely has issues. All that matters is what we’re happy with in our own collections.

The proportions and tailoring are 100% better on the SS version, rest assured. You can tell who it is by the silhouette alone, and that’s an awesome achievement by SS. Present Toys products from my experience should almost exclusively be seen as starter kits to then mix and match, and at a $120 price difference that works for me. Everyone prioritizes different elements of these figures, part of the fun of the hobby! For myself, disliking the painted neckbeard body, the face, and then seeing so many talk about having to tilt the head down to be happy with their purchase in-hand, I personally was not prepared to pay that premium for the clothes, especially if I can pick up loose bits along the way.

Warning: Present Toys pictures ahead!

View attachment 668052
View attachment 668053
It's odd, I always see a lot of Van Cleef in that PT sculpt.

Is there a comparison of the Redman, Present and Sideshow Man with No Name?

Just eye balling it.
- Present looks the best in terms of clothing and head sculpts. Inaccuracies in the scarf and belt.

- Sideshow has the best clothing, but the head is yikes, not that good.

- Redmen has the best sculpt(Very close to Present Hatted version), but clothing is not as good as Sideshow and Present. The paints are NOT as good as Present and Sideshow though.

Anyone has a true comparison out there?

While we wait for the Sideshow full announcement of William Munny Unforgiven 1992, my final figure subject to temptation, I have some triva. Munny carries a Starr 1858 revolver which Little Bill takes from him. He uses the Schofield Kid's Schofield revolver to shoot Little Bill and decorate the saloon with some of the cliental. He finishes Little Bill off with the Spencer Carbine, probably taken from Nedd. Not forgetting using his own shotgun to dispatch the owner of the ****hole when he enters. The revolver depicted in the Poster is a Colt 1860 Army revolver. It shall be interesting to see what Sideshow do. I find such detail interesting you may too. Some of my family suggested I have a condition on the spectrum of such things, i am happy with this and whatever hardware Sideshow give William Munny.

Last edited:
Me too my friend. The best Schofield Model 3 revolver I have found is by DID Dragon in Dreams.
Josey Wales figure as it stands shall have 3 revolvers the 4th a Colt 1860 Army can be obtained from either Battlegear Toys or Microsixgun. I did enquire with Sideshow and the reply was the 1860 is included, it may mean the figure gets a pair of 1860 revolvers as opposed to Colt 1847 Walker revolvers. I had better cease now before I get confused again. It is all good fun as it should be.

OK, so I mostly hang out in the "monsters" section of these forums. I grew up on Eastwood films though. I always thought "one day I will nab a nice custom". I always assumed it would be The Man With No Name, because that is his most immediately identifiable western character, having played him three times. Also due to the fact that customs of the character in question seem easily obtainable to some degree.

My favorite Eastwood Westerns though are Hang 'Em High, High Plains Drifter, and Pale Rider (being my absolute favorite). I watched the film in school in English class. My teacher was looking for people to make sense of things that didn't. For instance, why a gang of men would shoot up an empty room until running out of ammunition, or how his hat was left in the street. The fact that my young mind was able to put together that this was a "ghost story", without any special effects at all, was a mental wallop. They shot up an empty room, because they were seeing something we weren't. Then he waltzed around the corner and wasted them. Yet the director didn't feel the need to explain it to us fully.

So...I have Preacher on the way. He looks to be amazing.

OK, so I mostly hang out in the "monsters" section of these forums. I grew up on Eastwood films though. I always thought "one day I will nab a nice custom". I always assumed it would be The Man With No Name, because that is his most immediately identifiable western character, having played him three times. Also due to the fact that customs of the character in question seem easily obtainable to some degree.

My favorite Eastwood Westerns though are Hang 'Em High, High Plains Drifter, and Pale Rider (being my absolute favorite). I watched the film in school in English class. My teacher was looking for people to make sense of things that didn't. For instance, why a gang of men would shoot up an empty room until running out of ammunition, or how his hat was left in the street. The fact that my young mind was able to put together that this was a "ghost story", without any special effects at all, was a mental wallop. They shot up an empty room, because they were seeing something we weren't. Then he waltzed around the corner and wasted them. Yet the director didn't feel the need to explain it to us fully.

So...I have Preacher on the way. He looks to be amazing.
I reckon so.

Back