Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't know what's wrong with it. Is it a good sculpt with bad paint? Is it a bad sculpt with bad paint?

I just painted my Blondie boots to be more accurate in color to the top of them. I'll probably have to get the present toys sculpts and other bits and body swap to a world box body. Wish the pants weren't so silky they should have been more like jeans. Hope to also get a new holster and belts made of leather.

That Blondie sculpt becomes more of a disappointment the more I see it. It looks okay in certain light, but not a real winner. The Preacher looks better, but it definitely has that "caricature" aspect to it. The best shots are the obscured face ones .ie the hat hiding the face. They have been some of SS's best work, but I don't think that says much.
I find all of Sideshow's sculpts are caricature-like. Many of their statues and all of their 1:6 figures, oddly even including comic-inspired characters. They always have overly sharp details, too much symmetry, squarish proportions, deep set eyes, short foreheads, blocky and sharply exaggerated brows and cheekbones. The essence of the actor/character is there, but the cartoonish interpretation is always palpable and hard to ignore. Their sculpts are lifeless as if someone tried to make a CGI animated version of the character.

I find all of Sideshow's sculpts are caricature-like. Many of their statues and all of their 1:6 figures, oddly even including comic-inspired characters. They always have overly sharp details, too much symmetry, squarish proportions, deep set eyes, short foreheads, blocky and sharply exaggerated brows and cheekbones. The essence of the actor/character is there, but the cartoonish interpretation is always palpable and hard to ignore. Their sculpts are lifeless as if someone tried to make a CGI animated version of the character.
I agree. Their best looking line so far has been the Clone Wars sculpts, their obvious wheelhouse, but I understand they’ve killed that line. Their Naboo Maul and ToD Indy were pretty solid too but other than that I can’t think of anything they’ve made that didn’t have that strong, caricature appearance.

These are really solid figures. I think the clothing is excellent. With the better tailoring they've managed to make their usually ill-suited body work. Both Preacher and Wales look like better sculpts but still fall short. I don't mind the price, but with it comes more expectations.

I agree. Their best looking line so far has been the Clone Wars sculpts, their obvious wheelhouse, but I understand they’ve killed that line. Their Naboo Maul and ToD Indy were pretty solid too but other than that I can’t think of anything they’ve made that didn’t have that strong, caricature appearance.
I like their Dude figure from The Big Lebowski. It has the feel of being a caricature but for some reason it doesn’t bother me that much with that particular release.

Are there any in Hand pics of the present Toys release?

There's a bunch of them here:

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=396937&extra=page=1
p1.jpeg
p2.jpeg
p5.jpeg
p6.jpeg
p7.jpeg
p8.jpeg

Those present toys figures turned out pretty great! Tailoring looks nice a sharp and headsculpt paint is pretty good too. Looking at the quality of these and other recent releases of theirs makes me really wonder what happened when they made Indiana Jones :lol :slap

I know some of the details are probably wrong on the PT but I think a mix-mash between both it and the SS would make up the best version like others have said.

I do wonder if it'll be possible to remove the hat and replace with the HT.

Last edited:
To me, the PT poncho is the worst of the bunch, the tassels look massive and the designs are way oversized, much like the Redman it's a copy of. A mix and match of SSC and PT parts might just give you a decent Blondie, but, not a perfect one by any means.

284DE58B-39C6-4320-949B-BE0E1414EDAD.jpeg

DAB8614C-FD5A-4F1B-BB80-B62A2B7D5E80.jpeg

Not bad Present Toys! I like the sculpt a lot more, even if the hat is off. I could not bring myself to throw down Sideshow prices with the headsculpt and relatively barebones release they provided, but there’s no question they’ve been nailing the outfits and tailoring with their Eastwood line. Those elements are definitely a big step back on the PT version (expectedly), but for the price difference and my personal preference for the PT sculpt I’m still excited to get mine some time this week.

The PT holster and belt though…Yikes. Not even in the vicinity of being movie accurate. Not sure what they were thinking there. I had only seen these KGH photos…smart of them to show it from the waist up. Going to have to track down another option. Also curious to see what the tailoring and body look like in-hand and if it captures that lankiness Eastwood has. A body swap has helped PT figures tremendously in the past.

I think overall these are decent knock-offs. The Redman versions are slightly better. Don't know why each one of these figures got a silver rattler. That's Blondie's gun. Why do Tuco and Angel Eyes get rifles? Angel's pipe is too small, but all versions have had this problem. Tuco doesn't have his rings. The gold bags are a welcome piece. Their hats are a tad high on the head. Many are also bent. They are recasts. Why so different? They are probably recasts of recasts. The colors on the outfits are slightly off. Tuco's pants, Angel's coat (which is also too short), Blondie's hat. Again, overall nice figures, but a mix and match approach would be the route.

All of these figures are extremely short and Tuco is actually taller than Blondie and Angel Eyes. You can add ankle extenders, but Angel Eyes will end up looking like his boots here cut in half as the boot height becomes diminished. Something to consider.

61a2c013495409231433ca4cd458d109b3de49ba.jpg

All of these figures are extremely short and Tuco is actually taller than Blondie and Angel Eyes. You can add ankle extenders, but Angel Eyes will end up looking like his boots here cut in half as the boot height becomes diminished. Something to consider.

View attachment 663036

That mistake began with Cult King/Iminime, was copied by Redman and now by Present.

I left Redman Tuco on his stock body, added extenders to Angel Eyes and put all the Clints onto CooModel Tall bodies. Looks as though Present's Angel Eyes has shorter boots than the Redman.

53113109134_de8188e565_o.jpg

The other thing with Present is that Tuco looks too pale.

Back