Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once Hot Toys got the Star Wars license I sold off my entire Sideshow Star Wars collection to make room, but my last two human character purchases were Hoth Luke and Hoth Han.
It actually almost pained me to sell those figures because I found them to be quite good, particularly Luke with the 2 headsculpts and the choice to release the two versions of Hans brown/blue coat.
If I can get a Dude, a Bill Munny, and a Man With No Name of that quality I will be overjoyed. Not to mention the other licenses that they may pursue if they continue to pick cool cult projects versus boring super hero blockbuster fare.

The man with no name and Josey Wales for me please lol.

I really hope SS gets this one right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with most of this, but the notion that KA Kim who is one of the best sculptors in the collectibles industry is sculpting at Sideshow Collectibles levels with the Ghostbusters is WAY off the mark. Those figures were not perfect but do you own them? Just curious as to how your opinion (which you?re entitled to) could be so off base.

I had the Ghostbusters, with the intent of getting the Ecto 1 as well. But in my opinion, all of the Ghostbuster sculpts were too fat-faced (with the exception of Winston, whose paint job was horrible). Even Dan Ackroyd who already has a fatish face was sculpted too fat/wide. To be fair, that might not be due to KA Kim sculpts, so much as maybe something happened during the production molds. The set was amazing (as far as uniforms, proton packs, etc.) but I just couldn't get over the sculpts. Especially when the whole setup was going to cost @$3000 (CAD). I decided to sell and use the money for other items.
To be honest, I've given lots of leeway to a lot of figures, especially some Sideshow ones, but for some reason I couldn't get over my issues with the Ghostbusters.

I had the Ghostbusters, with the intent of getting the Ecto 1 as well. But in my opinion, all of the Ghostbuster sculpts were too fat-faced (with the exception of Winston, whose paint job was horrible). Even Dan Ackroyd who already has a fatish face was sculpted too fat/wide. To be fair, that might not be due to KA Kim sculpts, so much as maybe something happened during the production molds. The set was amazing (as far as uniforms, proton packs, etc.) but I just couldn't get over the sculpts. Especially when the whole setup was going to cost @$3000 (CAD). I decided to sell and use the money for other items.
To be honest, I've given lots of leeway to a lot of figures, especially some Sideshow ones, but for some reason I couldn't get over my issues with the Ghostbusters.

Man, picking SSC's Jack Burton over any of Blitway's Ghostbusters is a spicy hot take.

Fair enough...wondering if this was actually a Blitzway QC issue and you got a bad batch. I am looking at my set now and the Ray is particular is excellent. All in the eye of the beholder but no wide ness that I can see in the face at all. Thanks for expounding further though to help me to understand your perspective.

If they can work whatever magic they did on Ash, then they might have a shot with these licenses. But I think that was an abnormality more than a standard.

Yeah I'm really hoping for a similar miracle as we got with the likes of Ash, as this is a grail license for me, but not really expecting it. We'll see...

I've had the Ghostbusters 2-3 years now and very satisfied with them. Ray looks more like a Ghostbusters 2 Akroyd but still a very good likeness. Egon is pretty much perfect, Winston to in terms of sculpt but let down by the paint.

The only one I feel really 'meh' about is Venkman. Disappointing as he's the character people remember best. Still, if Sideshow can make Eastwood figures at the level Blitzway did with the Ghostbusters I'd be both surprised and pleased.

I'm just happy a 1/6 figure of Clint from Unforgiven is probably happening at some point. That film is just incredible.

I've had the Ghostbusters 2-3 years now and very satisfied with them. Ray looks more like a Ghostbusters 2 Akroyd but still a very good likeness. Egon is pretty much perfect, Winston to in terms of sculpt but let down by the paint.

The only one I feel really 'meh' about is Venkman. Disappointing as he's the character people remember best. Still, if Sideshow can make Eastwood figures at the level Blitzway did with the Ghostbusters I'd be both surprised and pleased.

It will never ever happen I?ve never seen sideshow have anyone as talented as KA working from them in recent years (as someone else mentioned she?s arguably jt best in the biz ) and the blizway paint wasn?t great on ghostbusters and it was downright awful on Hannibal but it?s still about 10 times better than I?ve ever seen sideshow do

I agree with all of your GB assessments too but venkman is actually the best sculpt of the bunch shockingly it?s just buried under bad paint. The Miracle of paint and likeness transformation is a real thing. Proper eyebrow shape and eye color alone can take that sculpt up to about 100 percent more likeness.

It will never ever happen I?ve never seen sideshow have anyone as talented as KA working from them in recent years (as someone else mentioned she?s arguably jt best in the biz ) and the blizway paint wasn?t great on ghostbusters and it was downright awful on Hannibal but it?s still about 10 times better than I?ve ever seen sideshow do

I agree with all of your GB assessments too but venkman is actually the best sculpt of the bunch shockingly it?s just buried under bad paint. The Miracle of paint and likeness transformation is a real thing. Proper eyebrow shape and eye color alone can take that sculpt up to about 100 percent more likeness.

I agree. My friend's Venkman is stunning and has a good paint job. Ray and Egon are killer sculpts too. He doesn't have Zeddemore as Blitzway didn't produce enough of them for long enough to pick up. The doctor trio is awesome and again I think they're up there with the best 1/6 figures ever made. They look between 1/6-1/5 scale and very cool indeed.

Sideshow quality leaves a LOT to be desired compared to Blitzway. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised but I doubt it. Look at their Wonder Woman 1/6... just ughs and that's a 2020 figure

I wonder how long until we see the first figure from this line. The longer the wait, the more hype some people might feel which will probably backfire on SS with the first reveal lol.

The optimism is surprising... Sideshow is terrible with likeness based collectibles. Comic style they do fine.

I'd be honestly surprised if they do any better than the bootleg/recast Redman "Good" figure in terms of sculpt.

The optimism is surprising... Sideshow is terrible with likeness based collectibles. Comic style they do fine.

I'd be honestly surprised if they do any better than the bootleg/recast Redman "Good" figure in terms of sculpt.

I agree. The source sculpts were pretty good in the first place and the tailoring was no worse than SS. I have to confess that I already have the Redman Callahan and Man with no Name, and along with my own custom of Lt. Schaffer from Where Eagles Dare (using an old Heroes Head sculpt by Lonnie Hale) and even with the Damtoys U2 pilot thrown in, I already have all the Eastwood figures I want...unless one of these SS offerings take me by surprise!

Back