Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. The way he's positioned himself, he can reach with right hand, roll the bo over his shell bringing it down on someone's head.

I meant his hand that's holding the bo staff, unless I'm seeing it wrong, it should be rotated the other way (back of the hand facing front). It's a very shaolin-like pose, which is cool, but if so it's the wrong grip.

Hard to say. I just tried doing the Donnie pose vs. What I think you're getting at and I personally found the Donnie grip more comfortable. Now I don't know **** about martial arts but I know comfort haha. Maybe sideshow rolls the same way?

Hard to say. I just tried doing the Donnie pose vs. What I think you're getting at and I personally found the Donnie grip more comfortable. Now I don't know **** about martial arts but I know comfort haha. Maybe sideshow rolls the same way?

:lol :lol :lol

I tried figuring out the pose too. Looks fine to me. Can't tell if it's right or wrong, but don't care. Looks good!

Best way is you can try to hold a staff or a long object the same way. Hold it with palm facing out and rest the object on your back, you actually have to rotate your wrist counterclockwise and use force for the object to touch your back and because you're holding it below it's balance point, you have to exert more force to keep it resting on your back. Now if you reverse the grip and hold it with your palm facing back, your wrist is naturally going to want to turn counterclockwise so the object will automatically rest on your back since it's turning the same direction, so you're not really using extra force to hold it up, it's naturally doing it. Don't know if that makes sense, but whatever, haha, just for anyone who's interested in the science of it, albeit explained poorly most likely. :wink1:

You can hold it however you really want, but the reverse of how he's holding it, with your palms facing back (staff is behind the hand), you're naturally using less force because the mechanics of it all are cooperating together (staff automatically rests on back) and so you have better control over it when you swing, flower, etc. It's a lot easier to show and demonstrate in person to get the feel of it rather than to describe, apologies for that.

Best way is you can try to hold a staff or a long object the same way. Hold it with palm facing out and rest the object on your back, you actually have to rotate your wrist counterclockwise and use force for the object to touch your back and because you're holding it below it's balance point, you have to exert more force to keep it resting on your back. Now if you reverse the grip and hold it with your palm facing back, your wrist is naturally going to want to turn counterclockwise so the object will automatically rest on your back since it's turning the same direction, so you're not really using extra force to hold it up, it's naturally doing it. Don't know if that makes sense, but whatever, haha, just for anyone who's interested in the science of it, albeit explained poorly most likely. :wink1:

You can hold it however you really want, but the reverse of how he's holding it, with your palms facing back (staff is behind the hand), you're naturally using less force because the mechanics of it all are cooperating together (staff automatically rests on back) and so you have better control over it when you swing, flower, etc. It's a lot easier to show and demonstrate in person to get the feel of it rather than to describe, apologies for that.

Dw, you think I can figure all of that out???

UmpOi.gif

:lol j/k

tumblr_myaohebSIG1shcqoxo1_500.gif

IMG_0393.JPG

I'm just going to chalk it up and say that Don is able to hold the bo however he wants because he's a mutant and has only 3 fingers. That, and he's a ninja.

August is almost here, has anyone heard or read any possible rumblings about Mikey shipping in the near future?

I got delay notices for both Michelangelo and Donatello this morning. The new date is September 25th for me for both of them.

I'm actually happy for the delay. The P1 Batman is going to be shipping soon, PCS He-Man/Battlecat is shipping soon, and I just picked up the P1 TMNT Henson set and ARH Zeus. I'm tapped!

that sucks about the delay... i haven't received any emails about it, but no reason to expect i won't. anyone else not wanting to display theirs until they get the whole set?? i go back and forth! lol i have leo opened but part of me wants to put him away until the whole team is here! :panic:

Back