Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't disagree with you more. I've been buying from ssc for many years...spent countless of $ a year....and for one instance, I did not get a link or invite to buy Black Widow White ex even though I bought countless of Marvel PFs and the original BW PF. If someone didn't post the link to it, I would have never gotten it. I had no clue why ssc didn't get the email but I was very appreciate of someone posting it. If a collector can help out someone, why not?
There's a difference between "hey, this is up for sale fyi" and "hey, they're giving people who already committed to the set an exclusive opportunity, but here's how you can cheat the system."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There's a difference between "hey, this is up for sale fyi" and "hey, they're giving people who already committed to the set an exclusive opportunity, but here's how you can cheat the system."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

In all honestly, ssc shouldn't be doing this but even if they didn't release it earlier, all we will hear is, damn I missed it because they didn't give us any notice. It's a no win situation either way.

Last edited:
It's waitlisted now. Damn. I just got my paycheck too.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Jose, go on WL right away (but I wouldn't be surprise if some will be allocated tomorrow), just like the Art prints. It will convert.

And it's been a while buddy. Hope everything is well with you :)

It's waitlisted now. Damn. I just got my paycheck too.

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

Screw going on the waitlist, I'd contact SSC stating you got cheated out of a chance to preorder the EX. Maybe they'll boot someone else who got around the invite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you guys just complaint to ssc to stop doing early invite preorders? I've been here a while and I have never seen how some of the newer members cry me a river and not wanting to help out other fellow collectors? It says a lot about some of you.

The thing about most of the "exclusive invites" that I have seen are generally variants or repaints. I got an email for the green lantern sinestro, presumably because I ordered the yellow sinestro. Cool offer but I have no interest in it. The Mikey ex offer is completely different. They're not offering a repaint of a statue that has come and gone, they're explicitly offering the Mikey to people who already locked in the Leo ex. They're trying to make it easier for those who are getting all the exclusives. And you know, majority of the people will probably display with colour bandanas. But you are gonna get those die hard fans who will only display them as the red bandanas. But now there is the possibility that one of those people can't now and may possibly cancel their order.

This may be a site for fans and I'm all for helping each other out. But there's a vast difference between telling everyone that something went up for PO early and telling everyone of a glitch in the system that gains them access to an exclusive offer they by no rights should have access to.

If even one collector got screwed out of their Mikey ex because of one of these people, I think sideshow should go through their orders, verify emails and cancel any and all orders that weren't supposed to receive it. Let em fight for the remaining Mikeys that aren't spoken for.

And I'll be perfectly honest. Because of that glitch and that Mikey went to WL, I'm willing to bet that at least a handful of those are going to resellers who saw how fast Leo went and because of the glitch, they snagged one so they can throw him on ebay and Jack up the price.

I can't disagree with you more. I've been buying from ssc for many years...spent countless of $ a year....and for one instance, I did not get a link or invite to buy Black Widow White ex even though I bought countless of Marvel PFs and the original BW PF. If someone didn't post the link to it, I would have never gotten it. I had no clue why ssc didn't get the email but I was very appreciate of someone posting it. If a collector can help out someone, why not?

Because it completely defeats the purpose of an invitation only email?

Because it completely defeats the purpose of an invitation only email?

So I didn't get an invite for white black widow even though at the time I bought every marvel PF and the first BW pf...isn't that a problem? What makes 1 person get one and others don't? Makes no sense. Personally, ssc should stop all these early invites if it's not working or people whining about the process.

So I didn't get an invite for white black widow even though at the time I bought every marvel PF and the first BW pf...isn't that a problem? What makes 1 person get one and others don't? Makes no sense. Personally, ssc should stop all these early invites if it's not working or people whining about the process.

Those are two different scenarios though. No one is complaining that they bought the EX Leo and didn't get an invite. This was Sideshows way of helping collectors to complete the set. I'm guessing that the majority helped by this glitch were resellers.

I ordered the Leo EX when he first went up and didn't get an invite.

If I was planning on getting the rest I would be annoyed but chances are I'd still be able to get one on the waitlist.

Either way already decided that the only one I really like and have space for is Leonardo so I'm all set!

Those are two different scenarios though. No one is complaining that they bought the EX Leo and didn't get an invite. This was Sideshows way of helping collectors to complete the set. I'm guessing that the majority helped by this glitch were resellers.

That wasn't my point. All I am saying was I appreciated some members for posting the link for the invite to preorder when I could have missed out on. I don't see any issues with people posting links that can help out others who may not have gotten a chance to order something.

This was Sideshows way of helping collectors to complete the set. I'm guessing that the majority helped by this glitch were resellers.

While I don't really care for the idea of giving people preference over others because they just happened to be in the convenient position of ordering an ex figure before someone else,

Let's be honest here,

Sideshow did not create this opportunity as a way to do "something nice" for their customers. If they wanted to do that, they would have simply given the first 500 people who secured a Leo Ex the option to automatically lock in/opt out of the other Ex figures as they became available.
This whole "special invite" nonesense is just designed to create buzz and controversy (whether intentional or not) to make the value of these statues seem excessively in demand (as has been proven by the posts in this thread). It's a marketing scheme that doesn't really warrant being praised as "doing something nice."

It should simply be a first come first serve for each statue...or if you really care about the first 500 clients, they should have had the option to lock in all pieces when they placed their first order.

Sideshow did not create this opportunity as a way to do "something nice" for their customers. If they wanted to do that, they would have simply given the first 500 people who secured a Leo Ex the option to automatically lock in/opt out of the other Ex figures as they became available

That's a good idea. Maybe the could, I don't know, send an exclusive e-mail to those customers inviting them to do so?

:wink1:

Back