Statue Sideshow TaskMaster Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this doesn't sell I hope they don't go back to their usual sideshowifying ways, classic comic looks all the way please

One of the biggest problems when a classic character doesn't sell well nowadays is the sculpt. Look at the recent Batman PF. It's getting criticized for the portrait, pose, and cape. If it doesn't sell well that doesn't mean that collectors don't want a classic Batman. It means that collectors want a better looking sculpt. This isn't the old days of $300 - $400 PFs anymore. These statues start at $600 or more nowadays. At that price point, collectors are going to be very careful as to what they buy. For me personally, everything has to be on point if sideshow wants me to drop that kind of cash on a statue. Mediocre statues priced at $600 or more just doesn't cut it nowadays.

Loki man. Where the hell is Loki man? But still love that they have made a new character. Strange and Domino I got because they were new and amazing

I think it looks fantastic, especially with the recent Captain America premium format.

What a bummer that the first and likely only PF of this kickass character isn't firing on all cylinders.

Suit design is perfect, sculpt is fantastic (the added bulk is fine with me), pose is not bad... but that base is terrible. A tiny sliver of random, generic sci-fi design. Would've been nice to see something more urban or, if nothing else, something more symmetrical. Drags the whole piece down. ****, though. The rest really is cool enough that I wonder if it would be worth customizing a new base.

Maybe the release of the film will encourage other companies to take on the classic Skeletor look for Taskie.

That base is legit just a wedge of plastic lol I guess they wanted to let his sculpt speak for the whole piece

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The bulkiness on this is a little off putting. I think of Taskmaster as having a Captain America type build as he’s a highly skilled, acrobatic fighter. Instead the anatomy makes him look like a bruiser with a massive upper body and huge thighs. I do like the pose, costume and swap-out portraits though. It would be great if SS had tweaked the body to bring him down about 40-50 scale lbs. I’ll pick it up since it’s probably the only 1/4 comic Taskmaster that will be produced but I’m not in any rush to order.

The bulkiness on this is a little off putting. I think of Taskmaster as having a Captain America type build as he?s a highly skilled, acrobatic fighter. Instead the anatomy makes him look like a bruiser with a massive upper body and huge thighs. I do like the pose, costume and swap-out portraits though. It would be great if SS had tweaked the body to bring him down about 40-50 scale lbs. I?ll pick it up since it?s probably the only 1/4 comic Taskmaster that will be produced but I?m not in any rush to order.

Agreed. Unfortunately Canale likes to sculpt the male heroes on the bulky side. He did it with the first and second Batman PF.

batman_dc-comics_gallery_5c4bfa95c504e.jpg

batman_dc-comics_gallery_5c4ca643b0db3.jpg

And he did again with Taskmaster. But, I have to say ...Taskmaster is not that bad to me. He doesn't look too bulky.

Back