Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow TheMonSSter, yours came out great. Looks as good as the prototype!

Thanks for the picture Chris S, they look like a good match but the perspective is probably deceiving. The stegosaurus says now shipping so I am very tempted to just get it and hope for the best.

That really sucks for you guys with bad paint apps and broken parts. At that point I'd probably snap into my backup plan of only buying pre-owned ones where the seller would have photos of it out of the box. I'm hoping mine won't be so bad.

What do they even do with the ones that get returned?

That looks amazing! The head in particular looks fantastic ..makes me wonder why my Pacific Rim Slattern turned out so poorly. Sideshow clearly have some talented production painters for certain projects.

I wasn't too impressed with the exclusive and I was going to buy this locally. After seeing the in hand pictures I changed my mind. Jumped on the wait list earlier this week and my order has already converted and it is already shipping out to me.

Why so many of you here have painting or sculpt problem...Never happen before...it seems everyone at least has a little flaw. I also have flaw parts, not just one part, but the neck, the feet, and the base...I am contacting with SS return team now.

It is interesting to see the paint differences between some of these examples. Some are darker and more naturalistic. Some seem much lighter or have little paint application. Some have unnatural-looking paint spots and dots while others much less so or none. What you get may just depend on who painted your statue and how much care he/she displayed on your piece.

Holy **** that's brutal. I honestly don't think I could do that if they make me

I had to break it. It felt so wrong. But, here it is now. :horror

A pity that the piece is so hollow thin.:slap I know many collectors prefer solid statues, (myself included), siting the weight & feel of an expensive piece makes the cost more justifiable, to which I agree. BUT the true drawback of having such a flimsy hollow statue is if it ever takes a fall, it shatters into so many bits & pieces, making repairing it much more difficult, if not impossible.

Love the sculpt, but at $400.00 +, SS should have given us something a bit more full, if not a totally solid statue.:dunno

I agree with the weight but I think for this piece I have no problem with it's weight. It doesn't feel like the Rhino PF at all to me.

Send me the pieces. I have a lot of superglue. :) I'd be hella pissed if I got that one with the airbrushed spots on the lower jaw.

I'm quite tempted to ask SS to check my statue before sending it to me, since I live in Asia and sending this one statue alone costs a bomb (not to mention import tax and other rubbish like that). Having seen how some people aren't getting the 100% statue that should clearly have gone through a proper QC but obviously hasn't, I'm quite worried I'll need to contact them for a replacement. And I wouldn't like that, hell no.

Just to mention, I had to ask SS to push my payment plan back to early June, so it looks like I'll be getting one of the later pieces. If that piece turns out to be something someone returned to SS due to QC issues, I'm gonna be so pissed...

What should I do guys? Ask them to check beforehand and get a letter of QC approval (if that's even possible) or just try my luck?

Ordered from a dealer here in germany and i am sure i would send it back if it´s not 100% painted, but still waiting for the statue (and hoping).

Here's mine.. he has some issue but i love him.

Sorry for pics quality XD

zv6gyq.jpg

(urgh ummm.. i dont know why the pic was uploaded like that)
vnfnr9.jpg

Some other pics here https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ajin5-jacopto-wip-collection.html#post7720022

Awesome pic! It's always great to see group photos of SSC Dinosauria pieces.

With the exception of that exceedingly rare Euoplocephalus hatchling and the recent repaints, I do have every SSC Dinosauria piece and hope to take a pic of them all together one day.

Holy **** that's brutal. I honestly don't think I could do that if they make me

Tell me about it! You know I'm the next one who need to kill the fail one for the new. So struggling!!! If you have passion and love to what you have, you don't have the heart to do that~

Back