Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of QC?????
stuck new tooth and forgot to paint it ??!!!:monkey4
319KuOy.jpg

yV9s5vG.jpg

Apparently this damage is not caused by delivery. This is definitely exchangeable...strongly suggest you contact SS service. They will listen. It's your right. :lecture

Got this beast today, and what a beast it is! The shipping box was HUGE! You could have shipped Peter Dinklage in it! :lol

Very impressed with it. I haven't had the best of luck with statues, but this one looks to have turned out perfect. Have it displayed by the fireplace at the moment instead of in my collection room (which is a bit too full at the moment) and haven't gotten any fuss over it :yess: Rex just might end up permanently in the living room :D

Got this beast today, and what a beast it is! The shipping box was HUGE! You could have shipped Peter Dinklage in it! :lol

Very impressed with it. I haven't had the best of luck with statues, but this one looks to have turned out perfect. Have it displayed by the fireplace at the moment instead of in my collection room (which is a bit too full at the moment) and haven't gotten any fuss over it :yess: Rex just might end up permanently in the living room :D

lol The Queen sits where she wants to sit. ;D

Wow great shots and fantastic piece. How's the weight on it? Just curious, not trying to start the weight debate, thinking of getting one for my little one (and me of course).

Wow great shots and fantastic piece. How's the weight on it? Just curious, not trying to start the weight debate, thinking of getting one for my little one (and me of course).

Don't know the actual statue's weight, but the shipping box listed it as 22 pounds.

I think the base weights more than the Rex. Lugging the base around is a choir, but the dino itself felt light by comparison.

I was surprised by the size of the half eaten EX. Its much bigger than I pictured it. Great bonus :rock

Agreed. The base is pretty hefty chunk of resin. I had to carry it out first then go back for the Queen.. lol It is certainly heftier than her, but not really any less heavy than any other Dinosauria piece minus base weight.

Oh yeah the EX is almost the size of the Tupuxuara. The Edmontosaur carcass even has a peg hole to fit onto it's base piece :
11011877_10204221069503474_2062425165375152715_n.jpg

11175046_10204221069343470_4046822418987117842_n.jpg

I think this is a nearly adult carcass, I got mine and compare the size with Rex, it's almost the correct size if we plus the lost half body. Like 2/3 (about 10 meters long) of Rex. That means, the dead body is larger than I expected!

I think this is a nearly adult carcass, I got mine and compare the size with Rex, it's almost the correct size if we plus the lost half body. Like 2/3 (about 10 meters long) of Rex. That means, the dead body is larger than I expected!

Edmontosaurus was almost as large as T-Rex as an adult, so this is very likely a juvenile probably 15-20' or so long. Sideshow really needs to release a nice big hadrosaur already. The line has overlooked so many other dinosaurs in favor of mostly predators.

Actually I'm tired of hearing T-Rex, Triceratops, Apatosaurus and Stegosaurus all the time (of course I love them)...When I knew the new Rex was going to release years ago...I was happy but a little bit 'Oh~come on~you...AGAIN?!' They are just toooo famous...I really need some special kind, Tupuxuara is a very good example. Can somebody associated with internal SS here give some fresh advice or suggestions for the future dinosaurs?

Bring me dinosaurs that 'I am not familiar with'...please.

Actually I'm tired of hearing T-Rex, Triceratops, Apatosaurus and Stegosaurus all the time (of course I love them)...When I knew the new Rex was going to come out years ago...I was happy but a little bit 'Oh~come on~you...AGAIN?!' They are just toooo famous...I really need some special kind, Tupuxuara is a very good example. Can somebody associated with internal SS here give some fresh advice or suggestions for the future dinosaurs?

Yes, you are right, it would be nice to have some more exotic dinos, but everything has a staple group, the basics that everyone goes for. Every once in awhile, you have to reintroduce them. People that don't have the core are less likely to acquire the fringe. That was me to some extent. I did get a piece here and there because they were a must, but I didn't try to collect the whole line. I didn't buy the original because I didn't like it, so I'm glad this came along.

Actually I'm tired of hearing T-Rex, Triceratops, Apatosaurus and Stegosaurus all the time (of course I love them)...When I knew the new Rex was going to come out years ago...I was happy but a little bit 'Oh~come on~you...AGAIN?!' They are just toooo famous...I really need some special kind, Tupuxuara is a very good example. Can somebody associated with internal SS here give some fresh advice or suggestions for the future dinosaurs?

There is never too much Rex :wink1:, but I get your point & agree, the more variety the better.

Saw pics comparing both SS Rex sculpts, but would love to see how the new Rex compares with David Krentz's "Rex Mundi" masterpiece resin sculpt/kit. If anybody out there has both, & can oblige, I'd be grateful, as my rex won't arrive for another month.

In the meantime, rejoice dino lovers, the Rex looks great, the game is not dead, & with Jurassic World movie around the corner, I foresee great dinosaur collecting ahead.

Super hyped to get it once I'm done with flex payments, but rather worried about the massive international shipping costs for this one. If the box is as big and the weight as heavy as you people say... my wallet's in for it big time :rotfl

Super hyped to get it once I'm done with flex payments, but rather worried about the massive international shipping costs for this one. If the box is as big and the weight as heavy as you people say... my wallet's in for it big time :rotfl

Maybe not as heavy as it is big......33 inches tall. Does anybody think it's strange that it's packed standing on end instead of sideways? I thought the UPS guy was carrying it wrong.

A Dimetrodon would be cool.

Or a Diplocaulus.

But not dinosauria....lol well I guess the Mosasaur and pterosaur broke that pattern too . I wouldn't mind another pterosaur, maybe Quetzalcoatlus..I mean the Tupu was popular and many missed out on it. An elasmosaur or plesiosaur would be great..even a pliosaur like Kronosaurus.

As for dinosaurs, a big hadrosaur, ankylosaur, maybe an Iguanodon VS Megalosaurus diorama?

Back