Statue Sideshow Superman Rebirth Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly how I feel. Don't like the belt but the rest is so good as not to care about that. I think this may end up being my first statue.

I think it'll be a memorable first purchase. I don't think you can go wrong with this one.

Yea man, looks really good already. Seriously, SSC just needs to do a full reveal of this statue ...right now.

This may be a stupid question. But how do we get on the RSVP list for this? There's nothing on the website.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Is this likely to release this year or 2019?

SS seem to struggle badly with statues based on actors(the latest WW for example) I assume they are much better with comic based statues?

Finally for any other UK collectors where is the best place to order these Premium Formats?

Any info/advice much appreciated. Having bought mostly HT figures to this point, this will be my first statue of any kind. Looking forward to the full Batman reveal to.

Hmm wait for this (an unknown production quality product) or buy the new 52 prime 1 statue thats already out and looks fantastic. Knowing SSC qc on production pieces and their huge Edition sizes i should probably jump on prime 1 now. A bit of risk waiting in that there a few unknowns with the SSC statue, such as how many are they going to produce, how good will the quality of the final production pieces be, what the full statue looks like (base and feet). If they produce alot of them i dont suspect production quality to be very good. i really wonder what the full pose is going to look like on the SSC version. Prime 1 is cool because its an action pose of him flying, also the heat vision HS is awesome, we don't have many statues on the market that come with one. The original PF heat vision exclusive (which i have) doesnt look good too me which is why i dont have him displayed with that. I also highly doubt SSC's rebirth supes will get a COH (with heat vision) which to me is the big selling point of the prime one version especially since they are wearing essentially the same costume (new modern version). The only knock i have on prime 1 is the suit lines but they appear to be less jarring on the production piece then on the prototype. Decisions decisions.. Right now I'm leaning towards prime 1 version just because there are too many unknowns with the SSC version at this point in time.

I don't know, man. I think I'll risk waiting for this. It looks that good.

...and if it doesn't, then I'll continue waiting. I've been waiting for a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Superman for awhile now anyway.

I don't know, man. I think I'll risk waiting for this. It looks that good.

...and if it doesn't, then I'll continue waiting. I've been waiting for a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Superman for awhile now anyway.

No doubt they both look really good to me. I think i'm going to go with prime 1 version though, i really need to act quick because if the ex sells out im not buying the prime 1. I guess if i really like the SSC version and it turns out to be a gem, i can always buy that one too.
Can never have enough supes in the collection, but i really believe ssc is going to overproduce this thing like they do with most of their dc statues which in turns hurts the final product QC. Also, The ssc version doesnt have sculpted cape which is also a concern of mine... Do you still consider it fully sculpted if the cape is cloth??

I hope Prime 1 start doing more stuff at 1/4 scale like their new 52 line. This is an easy choice for me though. Though that statue is beautifully sculpted I just don't like the new 52 armoured look and darker colour. This statue looks much more to my tastes. A more classic look(minus the belt), vibrant colours and a less boyish portrait.

No doubt they both look really good to me. I think i'm going to go with prime 1 version though, i really need to act quick because if the ex sells out im not buying the prime 1. I guess if i really like the SSC version and it turns out to be a gem, i can always buy that one too.
Can never have enough supes in the collection, but i really believe ssc is going to overproduce this thing like they do with most of their dc statues which in turns hurts the final product QC. Also, The ssc version doesnt have sculpted cape which is also a concern of mine... Do you still consider it fully sculpted if the cape is cloth??

I don't think you go wrong with either. For me, my two cents, wait for SSC.

I hardly PO anymore stuff nowdays. Most of time you can pick up the stuff when they are ready at retail price or even lower.

Thanks for the advice guys, but I ended up buying the prime 1 ex supes statue. I could not wait and run the risk of the EX prime version selling out. If the EX heat vision head wasn't a buy or fail piece for me then I would have waited it out but it is a buy or fail piece and there only 500 of them. I do however appreciate any and all feedback received. If the SSC rebirth version, when its fully unveiled and we see pictures of production pieces, wows me and its not $700 I may buy it as well. I just could not pass on that heat vision headsculpt though because as we know the new rebirth statue won't have one. I always wanted to display a supes with heat vision and this one will fit that bill. My next superman purchase will be the prime 1 justice league superman statue. When ssc finally does unveil the new rebirth statue ill wait until its shipping and if qc feedback is good ill buy that one too, no harm no foul. That braniac head isn't a make or break ex, so waiting for that one to ship seems like the most logical option

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys, but I ended up buying the prime 1 ex supes statue. I could not wait and run the risk of the EX prime version selling out. If the EX heat vision head wasn't a buy or fail piece for me then I would have waited it out but it is a buy or fail piece and there only 500 of them. I do however appreciate any and all feedback received. If the SSC rebirth version, when its fully unveiled and we see pictures of production pieces, wows me and its not $700 I may buy it as well. I just could not pass on that heat vision headsculpt though because as we know the new rebirth statue won't have one. I always wanted to display a supes with heat vision and this one will fit that bill. My next superman purchase will be the prime 1 justice league superman statue. When ssc finally does unveil the new rebirth statue ill wait until its shipping and if qc feedback is good ill buy that one too, no harm no foul. That braniac head isn't a make or break ex, so waiting for that one to ship seems like the most logical option
Sounds like a solid plan. :rock :rock :rock Agreed.

Back