Sideshow Star Wars ROTJ LUKE - ENHANCED!!! (Tons of pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Duckgoo.

I have to say that I'm a HUGE fan of the Sideshow figure and the sculpt, for me, truly resembles Hamill but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and so if that is now YOUR Luke then that's awesome.

I'm loving the saber though...

PS - Don't suppose you want to offload your original Luke head do you?

customizerwannabe said:
Nice custom, but the original sculpt was closer to Mark Hamil.

Agreed, I was actually surprised at how off GG's Luke does look, esp after the X-wing version.

outstanding work, I prefer the SSC Luke though. Still you face sculpt looks awesome! Where can I get those lightsabers! Guess I don't feel to much for making them myself...

Alice Adrenochrome said:
outstanding work, I prefer the SSC Luke though. Still you face sculpt looks awesome! Where can I get those lightsabers! Guess I don't feel to much for making them myself...

no kidding, someone out there sell these. :)

MaulFan said:
See now, that kinda talk is what ruins these threads. I agree with those who think the Sideshow sculpt is the more accurate representation, and that is our opinion and there is no cast in stone law stating the opinion that GG's is better is the correct opinion. You can disagree with people, but don't go throwing around name calling against people who don't agree with you because nothing entitles you that you have the right point of view.

I agree.

Your custom looks great (and the lightsabers add so much when they light up). Myself I prefer the SS face sculpt as I feel that's it more lifelike than the GG one but it's a tremendous job. Well done!

I think the GG sculpt would have been what Mark would have looked like had he not had the car accident between ANH and TESB. The Sideshow is more like he looked in ROTJ.

The figure looks great both ways. Everybody enjoy!

DarthNeil said:
I agree.

Your custom looks great (and the lightsabers add so much when they light up). Myself I prefer the SS face sculpt as I feel that's it more lifelike than the GG one but it's a tremendous job. Well done!

That's what I meant as well, but bagelsarecheezy must be another 16 year old.:rolleyes:

customizerwannabe said:
That's what I meant as well, but bagelsarecheezy must be another 16 year old.:rolleyes:

I concur---some days I wish you'd have to show id to get on here... or at least take a maturity test...but then there'd be quite a few 36 year olds that might not get on here then!:D

STOP TREATING THIS AS A FACELESS CHAT LINE!!! Imagine that the person is directly in front of you at the watercooler. Only say something that you wouldn't be sorry to say in front of someone's face--- and if you say some of these things to people then I hope that if you're American you have good insurance--- we've got plenty of jerks in Canada but that's due to universal healthcare :rotfl

Back to the topic. I saw an earlier thread that had the lightsaber lights (might have been in Hurricane's thread---). When I find it I'll post it here. I definitely want to get a lighted lightsaber for my SW 12" figs... Makes them look all the more impressive.

Hey, Duckgoo--- want to do a tutorial?:lightsabe

customizerwannabe said:

actually, i'm 25, married, and work for the government.

sorry if i offended anybody, but i think i was justified in saying that a couple posts before my original were just not necessary, especially when it's about somebody else's custom work. negativity shouldn't be posted when it deals with somebodies finished product that they are proud of.

and just my 2 cents, if i'm wrong for saying moron, then so be it, and i apologize. but assuming i'm 16 and "requiring a photo ID" isn't really right either.

bagelsncheesey said:
I was justified in saying that a couple posts before my original were just not necessary, especially when it's about somebody else's custom work. negativity shouldn't be posted when it deals with somebodies finished product that they are proud of.

Sorry, but you are not justified in anyway to call people moron's over any point of view, that was simply a wrong comment to make. As for negative comments, it's an art piece publicly displayed, even DaVinci and Michaelangelo received criticism and they're hailed as the greats of old. Constructive criticism can be a helpful thing. And when the title of this thread implies a feeling that this custom is superior to the original piece, those who disagree shouldn't be shunned from sharing their opinion, so long as it's done in a polite way.

coolkansaswind said:
i think the hasbro saber look very bad ... keep working on this ... might get there in a few years

MaulFan- That, to me, is not "constructive criticism", nor is it polite. And that quote is what I was referring to in my original post. No need for everybody to get up in arms.

Either way, great job once again Duckgoo. I'm not gonna hijack a thread over a right or wrong issue. Keep up the good work.

customizerwannabe said:
Sorry if I offended? Calling people morons is MEANING to offend, so keep your apology "government worker".

Careful... I think he's a Jack Bauer type. He might come "gunning" for you.:D

bagelsncheesey said:
sorry if i offended anybody, but i think i was justified in saying that a couple posts before my original were just not necessary, especially when it's about somebody else's custom work. negativity shouldn't be posted when it deals with somebodies finished product that they are proud of.

I was saying the head didn't look like Luke I wasn't criticizing the work he did to put it together... He didn't sculpt or paint the head.

I can't believe you guys are so serious and angry about me trying to defend somebodies work. I wasn't even referring to either one of your comments. The way you're reacting toward me even after my apology is pretty much on the same level as me saying moron in the first place, no need to be rude.

And yes, I am a "government worker", but not a Jack Bauer. Not cool enough unfortunately.

Back