Sideshow Star Wars Endor Rebel Troops review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian's Toys is really bad...and even in person you can see how bad they are.

I've been to TWO GI Joe conventions, for those familiar with them a bunch of retailers (including Brian's Toys) come out to sell a bunch of stuff.

MasterCollector (the group that organizes and runs the Joecons) sells Con exclusive figures and vehicles every year...usually they're just old molds with repaints.They work directly with Hasbro to do this.

But anyways,long story short...at BOTH Joecons,Brian's Toys employees...ALL OF THEM...jump in line for the Con Exclusives just so they can nab them for their employer and he goes off and sells them for double or triple the price on his website.

I've seen them strolling away with a lot of Con items and though there really isn't anything wrong with it in terms of business...it just is saddening because they end up taking advantage of consumers and EVEN taking away items from the consumers who are buying them for collecting purposes.

Well, this is my first post here at Sideshow Freaks. I saw the mention of Brian's toys and I had to chime in. I also have been to two GI Joe conventions. They definitely do what Bardoon said. The worst thing they do, though, is getting all of their employees to go around to all the other sellers in the convention, before the doors open to anyone, and basically buy up all the good deals (not ALL, as there are great deals to be had there, probably from sellers who also don't like dealing with Brian's) and sell them for double the price. Legal, yea, but it's kind of a bad business practice and a turn off to a bunch of people.

Anyway, back on topic. I am really liking the rebel troops . . though honestly only the regular infantry. I see a lot of potential with head swaps and adding other gear from military lines. The other two are so so for me. . . guess I just like the more generic look and am not a big fan of trench coats! All three have been done extremely well though, in comparison to other SW's characters SS has put out. I prefer medicom but I will probably end up getting a couple of these! I hope that SS hits up Hoth soldiers or rebel troops from the Tantive IV soon. Got my fingers crossed!

Bardoon said:
But anyways,long story short...at BOTH Joecons,Brian's Toys employees...ALL OF THEM...jump in line for the Con Exclusives just so they can nab them for their employer and he goes off and sells them for double or triple the price on his website.

They did this at Star Wars Celebration II, Celebration III and will surely do it again a Celebration IV (where they sadly have a booth in the Dealers Room again).

Back