Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man Comiquette - Waitlist links available in 1st post.

and that's not counting the spideys that will end up being customized

I know, I have an extra one that I was really giving consideration of having converted over into a Neg. Zone Spidey. But with all of these problems a perfect condition one might be pretty hard to come by down the road.

I know, I have an extra one that I was really giving consideration of having converted over into a Neg. Zone Spidey. But with all of these problems a perfect condidtion one might pretty hard to come by down the road.

I would keep the extra mint, you could sell it off for more later

I know, I have an extra one that I was really giving consideration of having converted over into a Neg. Zone Spidey. But with all of these problems a perfect condition one might be pretty hard to come by down the road.

Sell it to me!!!:lol:lol
The fact that is not hollow lights me up!

Where was the chip jinxx?

That statue had defects all over prior to me unleashing my crouching tiger, hidden dragon on it. I so wanted to fling it from the rooftop but it's snowing and there's no way in hell I'm going to scale the roof and risk my life. I was gonna use it as a target practice but alas, I couldn't find my hockey stick so I opted for the hammer!:doh

Sell it to me!!!:lol:lol
The fact that is not hollow lights me up!

You and I both...:clap

I think that I would trade someone for my good one, so that I wouldn't feel so bad converting a great condition one over...:monkey2

That statue had defects all over prior to me unleashing my crouching tiger, hidden dragon on it. I so wanted to fling it from the rooftop but it's snowing and there's no way in hell I'm going to scale the roof and risk my life. I was gonna use it as a target practice but alas, I couldn't find my hockey stick so I opted for the hammer!:doh

Awwww too bad...that it had defects all over of course.

FYI: The wall is made of Fibreglass/Polystone. I had to stop hammering, bad experience with fibreglass...

Awesomeness. :hi5:

Seriously, though, I've got a lot of American friends who've never been up here before and when they visit, they're stunned at how nice it is.

I just tell them that it's because with one-tenth the population in twice the land-mass, we've got plenty of room to breathe up here.

Now, if we could just do something to get some running water...

...y'know, so long as it won't melt our igloos. :gah:

:lol
laugh2.gif
laugh2.gif

You Canucks is da cwaziest peopo!
Aha.... the old "measure twice, cut once" philosophy.

Very true.

However, the sad part is if you're outsourcing the labor, you get what you pay for.
And I'm pretty sure I don't really need to tell you, huh? :wink1:
:exactly::lecture

By the way, brother, I don't think I've welcomed you yet, so please forgive my American insolence...
welcome_16.gif

TO THE FORUM, THORNE!!!

From Ricky Bobby over at statueforum:
I learned today the SS is resending out rejected and returned spiderman comiquettes...here's how i know,a month ago my friend from Toronto,Canada recieved his spiderman comiquette and was so excited and upon opening it he like some or most others found the paint job on spidey's face terrible.He called me later on that day cause i had not recieved mine yet and was very curious to know his thoughts...well he sent me two pics and yah he was right,paint apps on his face were crap,not even close to the level it should be.He told me he was sending it back to SS,before he did i asked him what edition number it was,it was 201/1250,we are talking only about the non EX here...Well SURPRISE SURPRISE....my local comic shop guys calls me last night and tells me he got one more spidey comiqutte in and he knew a friend of mine was looking for one,so if he wanted it he would have to come in very soon to buy it.So i was pretty happy to tell my friend the good news last night and we both went to Big Pete's Collectables in North Vancouver this afternoon...now here comes the highlight of my day...i take a look at the box and BAMMMM! edition number 201/1250 is sitting on his table,i thought it was a joke,we opened the box and to no surpise there was the very same spidey with the same paint issues my friend had in Toronto a month ago,with might i add NO QC STICKER,and now was now here in Vancouver,i swear i could not believe it...i cant say for sure what SS is doing but that to me is a pretty big coincidence,i called my friend in Toronto and asked him if he remembered what edition number was his on his returned spidey,and he told me 201/1250.All i can say is that i lost alot of respect for SS,i know there are more collectors now in the world more than ever,and somebody will end up buying the one at my LCS,because there are no more left,but thats just wrong.And for the record the PF looks outdated and old compared to the comiquette,i'm glad i got a decent one

Yeah KQ, I was reading this over at SF. I can't tell you how shocked this has made me about Sideshow business habits. This goes to show how they (Sideshow Inc.) think of us collectors as a consumer.

Someone ought to send a damage control e-mail pointing out that their ____ has been figured out to one of those reps about dozens of these guys popping up here and there with the same ES and same flaws.

Point them down to these links because they are heading down a road of backalleyshowtoys.com very soon :lecture

Someone ought to send a damage control e-mail pointing out that their ____ has been figured out to one of those reps about dozens of these guys popping up here and there with the same ES and same flaws.

Point them down to these links because they are heading down a road of backalleyshowtoys.com very soon :lecture

That's why I'm expecting that my Hulk Comqiuette is a return at this point. I'm interested to see what the paint app. looks like. That's a long time for a WL to magically convert.

Wow, someone is running Sideshow into the ground. Whoever is in charge of re-sending out returns as good parts needs to be held accountable.

I heard back from my SSC rep today (Daniel) regarding the letter I sent them about my Carnage return that they wanted to charge me shipping for. (I posted a copy of my letter over in the Carnage thread.)

Good news: I do not have to pay for shipping over my replacement part.

Bad news: No comment at all about them sending out returned product to another customer or their shoddy QC practices of late.

I don't blame the customer service reps because this problem comes from the top, but maybe all of our complaints will make their way up the corporate chain.

Same here-(Daniel) Had a few comments/Q's and was ignored, he just got right to the point about my replacement pieces being shipped out.

From Ricky Bobby over at statueforum:

Thats f'n ridiculous!

I am glad I have most of the Marvel characters I want, I will be happy to stop getting expensive Marvel stuff from them.

I'll grab Cyclops and probably Rogue, and maybe another Hulk, but really I doubt even another Hulk anymore.

The Spidey fiasco is a bit sickening.

Back