Sideshow should...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tremulant

Freakzoid
Reaction score
with the 12' line, They should release Tom Bombadil. Why not. He was created for topps cards. It would be the fastest sold out figure on sideshow.

I wonder if they can do it? C'mon sideshow, Its easy money. Youre happy were happy... its a win win situation:cool:

tremulant said:
with the 12' line, They should release Tom Bombadil. Why not. He was created for topps cards.

I believe you're thinking of the DECIPHER Card Game; Bombadil never appeared in the Topps LOTR card series, as they were licensed and focused strictly on the movies.

Oops, yea Thats really what I meant. Although I have Tom's costume card. It's a piece of his hat:lol

Can someone post pics of the "EU" LOTR characters that Decipher did?

I have no interest in Tom as a character, and certainly not as a figure. There are too many "in film" characters I'd rather see.

I'm begging for a Mouth of Sauron!!!!

I think Mouth of Sauron or PJ as something would be as non-film as I'd like to see them get in either line. But I bet it wouldn't be too difficult a custom to make!

I'd love a Tom Bombadil figure. He's my favorite "extra" character from the books. But I want the Fellowship first.

I must be in a minority - I HATED Tom flamin' Bombadil and the nausating Goldberry :monkey5 :sick Worst part of all three books IMO...

I never understood his purpose or role? Can any Tolkien scholars school me? I mean, how come he wasnt tempted by the ring or affected by it when he slipped it on? Was he symbolic?:google

No, he was just something random Tolkien threw in. He was originally a toy for his children, then he was part of his own poems, then he felt like adding him into the story before even he knew what shape the journey would take. Tom is an oddity, and as Tolkien says every story needs one!
Although maybe he was a god, a maiar (?), who took human (?) form and thus he couldnt be tempted by the ring.

MisterToyNYC said:
Who the hec is Tom Bombadil?

Eric

:lol
Nicely said! Well hes a character in the books but left out in films. He has no impact whatsoever to the story. Most people view him as being rather gay. He lives in the forest in bright coloured hats and boots and sings to the trees and his wife, a flower lady Goldberry.

The hobbits meet him and stay with him for awhile then leave. wow, I just summed up a chapter in a paragraph.:lol

BDboystoys said:
:lol
Nicely said! Well hes a character in the books but left out in films. He has no impact whatsoever to the story. Most people view him as being rather gay. He lives in the forest in bright coloured hats and boots and sings to the trees and his wife, a flower lady Goldberry.

The hobbits meet him and stay with him for awhile then leave. wow, I just summed up a chapter in a paragraph.:lol

Actually, in a sentence. :rotfl

Not a big Tom fan here, either. Not sure why he is so popular. Must have something to do with his own stories, which I'm pretty sure none of us have ever read. I imagine it was like Nicodemus from Secret of Nimh turning up in The Mouse and the Motorcycle. By the way, am I the only one who just loooves Nicodemus in the film? Derek Jacobi, and that lordly wizard rat design just sold me from childhood on.

Yeah, I'm a big NIMH fan too.

And Tom was a completely useless character. If he had been in the Fellowship movie it would've been a terrible mistake. I think SS is smart enough to devote their attention to the important main characters.

I love the way Tolkien put Tom in the story. There was this man (?) that was completly unafraid of Sauron, when he puts the ring on, he was checking it as an oddity nothing more. I loved that part. Even in the council when they are discussing what to do with ther ring they consider giving it to him. Pretty powerful character in my eyes.

Yeah, he's also very powerful in Battle For Middle Earth 2! What a summon power! He's just a mystery, was supposed to be and still is. Pretty gay? ooooh offensive!

FrodoEyes said:
Yeah, he's also very powerful in Battle For Middle Earth 2! What a summon power! He's just a mystery, was supposed to be and still is. Pretty gay? ooooh offensive!

Gay as in happy - as me :D

Back