Sideshow should release more detailed bases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should also sell the line-specific bases (SW, The Dead, LOTR, etc) separately as well.

They use to do this for some of the older lines but i wonder why they stopped.

Although i like the uniform look of the bases, i wound'nt mind some more one off's. Most wanted is the holo projector vader knells on in ESB when he talks to the emperor head.

I put my Medicom ROTJ Vader on the SSC Sith Apprentice stand... so he's almost tall enough now. :lol

I did the same thing. :lol

Ditto!
And it looks great with my Medi Stormtroopers and Fett!

boba2.jpg

I'd like detailed bases, but would make collecting this line even more expensive...:monkey2

I probably wouldn't want every figure to come with a special base, but I would like to see more 1 offs.

IMO the Yavin Luke should have come with a more specific base.

Also, I'd love to see SSC sell a giant base to hold 3-4 figures...or several interlocking ones to do the Death Star or Endor or something.

Also, name plates? Uh no.

I vote for environments that can display 2 or more characters rather than specialty bases for a single character. The Jabba set-up is perfect for that.

The Freddie Krueger furnace is a great display and I'm a bit surprised they haven't done more like that.

I do like the current set of bases for uniformity but agree that special bases, such as the Sith Anakin and the Probe Droids are fantastic.

Great idea regarding the "larger" base to display several figures together. I also like the interlocking idea.

Perhaps selling the special bases separately would be best, since it wouldn't raise the price of the figures further up and only those interested could purchase them.

I do like the idea for smaller displays, but for large displays with lots of figures it may start to look a bit cluttered with lots of variety in the bases.

I just opened my Anakin: Sith Apprentice and, wow, that copper colored base is really nice. Much nicer than I ever expected. It's amazing how much better the overall display looks when the figure is elevated on a detailed base. I wish all figures had their own unique base to stand on. Imagine the possibilities: multiple Death Star floor tiles depending on the location, Millennium Falcon floor, Jabbas grated trap floor, desert terrain, forest terrain, snow covered outdoor and indoor Hoth base floors. The list goes on and on for each character!

I like the idea of having more diverse base. However for this instance, a closer look at the movie scene shows that the Lava Droid Base here seems over sized.

Last edited:
I like the idea of having more diverse base. However for this instance, a closer look at the movie scene shows that the Lava Droid Base here seems over sized.

It is. But I don't view it as a Lava Droid, since most of the droid is missing anyway.

I think a series of bases would be cool, I think the aforementioned Death Star floor would be a cool one. But this would be best as a separate series, not included with other figures. A

And I was a bit worried about Vaders saber, from the angle it looks kinda close to the light in the detolf. And while they don't put off a lot of heat, I'd be worried about damaging it :monkey2

Back