Sideshow should do Vehicles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, you lost me.

I'm not interested in sets for 12" figs... I'm just hoping for nice vehicle collectibles here.

I love vehicles too - some of the best design work of the entire series IMO. I enjoyed both Code 3 and MR, but both have disintegrated. I was showing my my wife online photos of the current offerings from Master Replicas a couple nights ago ... Cookie Jars :lol ... How the Mighty have Fallen!

Sideshow is a rare case of a company that produces great stuff AND has management that actually understands collectors. MR started this way, but by the end of the takeovers/mergers, it was just rotting from the head down. That is an outsiders perspective only, but it's how it looked to me. :monkey2

If they're gonna do vehicles, I'd love to see the BARC speeder in 1/6.

Hasbro made a decent 1/6 speeder bike, as well as a decent bike for Maul.

What would really be funny is if they did a 1/6 Ewok with glider.

John

I think that SSC will make smaller scaled vehicles no bigger is than the Landspeeder.

Taht sucks- they should make them life 1/4 scale. or at least life sized.

They can't even get the Mechno-chair to stand up let alone make armored figures like Vader and Fett.

Although I would pay a hell of a lot of money for a Sideshow 1:6 scale starfighter or speeder, I asked some of the SS staff at CC and was told...not a chance in hell.

But this begs for a poll thread about how much someone would pay for a 1:6 scale ship such as a landspeeder or starfighter.

I would love to see what sideshow could come up with. I love the Jabba set and the cantina chairs. I think the speeder bike would be just great but the hasbro one is good enough for me.
I think the size, scale and cost of such project would be so much. I do feel that they should, as a company, do showcase projects.

As previously stated I think 1/6 vehicles would end awesome but as dorgs stated hidously expensive and can you imagine trying to store them!!!!

However I have already said in another thread that I would love some vehicles actually in scale with each other!!

I think they're a great item in concept, but once people saw how big these things would be and the amount of space needed to display them, reality would set in.

eFX's "Precision Cast" line will fill this gap nicely enough. Once they actually start producing them, that is.

eFX's "Precision Cast" line will fill this gap nicely enough. Once they actually start producing them, that is.

Indeed. Until them Code 3 and MR/eFX studio scale have to do. Of course none are in 1/6 scale. Just imagine and AT-ST in 1:6 scale, it would be tall like a real human

I said AT-ST not AT-AT. That would be humongous :D I know I had somewhere a picture of a custom Tantive 4 made in scale for the 3" 3/4 Hasbro figures, it was big to put on a truck. Maybe someone will find that pic for us

I will be interested to see the Speeder Bike once its complete. It will be a tough sale I think for them because you know the price will be astronimical and the Kenner 1/6 one is really good if you weather it up. If sideshow took the route and tried making them out of cheaper material, maybe plastic, their price point could be alot lower and create a bit more sales. Then again..some people are willing to shell out alot of cash for something that is made of a nicer material.

I think they're a great item in concept, but once people saw how big these things would be and the amount of space needed to display them, reality would set in.

Agreed-- and that's why they need "sections" of vehicles-- starting with the c-o-c-kpit of the Millenium Falcon.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

if they would make a 1/6 scale x-wing that could be hung from the ceiling and hold a figure and an R2 unit, i would get it. other than that i got no room for vehicles.

Back