Sideshow should do a predator 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dude

Freaked Out
Reaction score
ive noticed the hot toys versions of all the poseable models, but i noticed their heads are huge. i think sideshow could do a better job than hot toys. plus it would rock.

I dont imagine they would. They probably make more by distributing Hot Toys to the US. By producing their own 1/6 Predators they would be competing with themselves let alone a product with an already steady fan base

I dont imagine they would. They probably make more by distributing Hot Toys to the US. By producing their own 1/6 Predators they would be competing with themselves let alone a product with an already steady fan base

that is true with the fan base with hot toys. id still like to see a sideshow version, but i dont think it will happen.

Alls they need to do is come out with the P1 already:monkey5, wether its Hot Toys or SS it dont matter...

What serious evidence is there that Sideshow produce to a higher standard than Hot Toys? HT keep afloat in the intensely competitive 1/6 military market, so if anything they are the company you'd expect better standards from.

Anyway, even if you accept the 'big head' issue - which is IMO a non-issue, more down to the bulky design of the onscreen Predators and dreadlock posing - it has been remedied with the Predator 2 / AVP-R figures.

The rest of the 'problems' with HT's stuff are down to the posable figure vs static model issue - which is never really going to go away and is purely a matter of taste.

Sideshow aren't likely to do any figure that doesn't use a regular body for a base. Off hand, there have been some examples but that was so long ago it hardly bares mentioning.

ive noticed the hot toys versions of all the poseable models, but i noticed their heads are huge. i think sideshow could do a better job than hot toys. plus it would rock.

Mate I find you avatar and sig quite offensive

Last edited:
You dont live in this country so I dont expect you to understand. RA stands for I.R.A look it up.

Last edited:
You dont live in this country so I dont expect you to understand. RA stands for IRA look it up.

I'm laughing at the irony of 'quiet' offensive. I thought you were spoofing. I guess you really meant quite.

:lol no need. Maybe I am being to jumpy on this offensive thing, its just taken a long time for things to settle over here. Guess there are still small minded sectarian people about still...
anyhow away to work! YAY! :(

You were right. I don't really understand. I guess we'll see if the Dude has any sensitivity about him and changes the offending articles.

Hopefully. Just look up I.R.A Northern Ireland. Or better yet Omagh bombing and you will see what I am talking about.

ive noticed the hot toys versions of all the poseable models, but i noticed their heads are huge.
Funny, I never noticed they looked huge at all, not when they are on their bodies anyway?????

You dont live in this country so I dont expect you to understand. RA stands for I.R.A look it up.

I'd wondered about this. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I hoped the RA in question is something like the 'republican anthem' and The Dude is simply a fervent supporter of peaceful, political republicanism.

However, I looked up the slogan and, according to Wikipedia,

"Tiocfaidh ár lá refers to a day that Ireland is unified again and free from British involvement in the country. It has become the unofficial slogan of the Irish Republican movement, especially embraced by the Provisional Irish Republican Army"

Omagh bombing and you will see what I am talking about.

When I looked this up, it talked about the responsible party as a splinter group or the P.I.R.A under the guise of R.I.R.A. The atrocity, seemingly unanimously condemned by all and sundry. At this point I am even more unclear, than before, as to why you are offended.

Am I right in saying it's because the slogan has been so adamantly acknowledged in association with the R.I.R.A. And that, even though the sentiment is supported by naive westerners, the R.I.R.A is not held so dear by the native Irish? It is a very complex political environment in which you live. A case, for me, where ignorance is bliss, but ignorance none the less. In which case I can see why you are offended, due to the association to the R.I.R.A.

Back to the thread. Hot Toys sucks, Sideshow rools. :rock :rock :rock

Back