Sideshow-Quality DC Statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC Direct products are laughable.

Some of the best stuff in my collection was produced by DC Direct.

DC Direct's problem is following through with the damn product lines they keep starting up. You buy into a line and then they leave us high and dry without some key characters.

BB

I don't see anyone going off to fight crime in a bat-suit. No around here anyway. ;) :D

:lol :lol

The 1/4 figures look pretty nice... I'm strongly considering picking up the Green Lantern. And Bats looks pretty good in that image next to Captain America.

The only statues that I find comparable from DC to Sideshow's is the AH! line. Take a look at the ones that came out of TF this year. Even if they're small in size, the quality approaches that of Sideshow's. That is . . .until they're in hand. So, I can't prove it. But the pics are promising.

The only statues that I find comparable from DC to Sideshow's is the AH! line. Take a look at the ones that came out of TF this year. Even if they're small in size, the quality approaches that of Sideshow's. That is . . .until they're in hand. So, I can't prove it. But the pics are promising.

The pics do look good.

The Women of the DC Universe busts designed by AH! are, IMO, excellent.

Hopefully we'll get the same type of quality for the Cover Girls of the DC Universe statues. :D

The pics do look good.

The Women of the DC Universe busts designed by AH! are, IMO, excellent.

Hopefully we'll get the same type of quality for the Cover Girls of the DC Universe statues. :D

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't. The statues are cast and the sculpt is the main thing that counts. IMHO these look better than the SS pieces, the paintwork is where the proof will be in the pudding.

I don't see any reason why we wouldn't. The statues are cast and the sculpt is the main thing that counts. IMHO these look better than the SS pieces, the paintwork is where the proof will be in the pudding.

I see no reason for a drop in quality in either (unless they hired blind, alcoholic, schizophrenic monkeys). :monkey3

I was just looking on the DC Direct website and they seem to have a series of Vs. statues just like Sideshow does for Marvel. They look like they are a slightly smaller scale than the Marvel but they look pretty good. Anyone have any of the DC Direct Vs. stuff like Batman Vs Joker or Superman Vs Darkseid. How do they compare to the Sideshow Vs line?

I was just looking on the DC Direct website and they seem to have a series of Vs. statues just like Sideshow does for Marvel. They look like they are a slightly smaller scale than the Marvel but they look pretty good. Anyone have any of the DC Direct Vs. stuff like Batman Vs Joker or Superman Vs Darkseid. How do they compare to the Sideshow Vs line?

The compare well in quality, but they're smaller, which is a plus for me.

I just got the DC Direct Batman Vs Joker which I won on ebay. The quality of the sculpt and the colors all look very nice. The disappointing thing is the scale. I'm used to the larger Sideshow Marvel Vs series and although nice, the smaller scale of the DC makes them less powerful, in my opinion.

Back